• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

The indie debut 11 bundle games are known:
  • 99 waves to die
  • Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends
  • TrapThem
  • KarBOOM
  • Spice Road
  • Project Night
  • 8 Bit Commando
  • Tropical Stormfront

For valid reasoning.
Oh, I know.
It's just not the appointed time for Bundle appearance.
Everything in its place and time ;)

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
You can report games now.

BikEghiIYAAdTIE.jpg

Turfster

I think it is more to appropriately rate indie games which don't have the warning that published games do with the ESRB.

Yes because we all know that's what it'll be used for.
It'll be used for indie games all right... by self-righteous fucktards that'll wage war against them.

Kiru

Why is it, that I have a "savedgames" folder in my "Documents library"? Where can I choose a drive/folder for my savegames manually?

I have looked in Steam settings and there's nothing.
Use a symbolic link if you want the content of the documents folder to be somewhere else. You can "trick" steam/the system by doing that.

Evrain

I'd been waiting for something to spend my last $10 of Steam-allocated money on, I guess this is as good as anything! I've never bought from nuuvem though, here we go...
Is it worth buying though? I found the first BL to not exactly be my cup of tea (uninstalled after literally one hour or so)

Copons

I'd totally report all GFWL games as Harmful but then what would happen to our DS2 better version? T_T

Also: I'd love to report games containing seriously harmful DRM, but I don't know them really as at the time of the DRM boom I was a console bitch. Is there a list or something?

EDIT: I don't mean a list of DRM protected games, but games with DRM known for harming computers, people, pets and other random stuff in your house.

While I haven't tried out TR2013 MP, since it's dead, I'm pretty sure that since the gunplay/shooting in TR is better than any Uncharted, that even if the map design was trash, it would at least be on par with the best of the Uncharted multiplayer content.

About as much of a joke as the PSN store is right now. Good God.

:lol
SCEA gonna SCEA.

It's a shame Street FIghter 3 OE may never be released on Steam, I'd jump on that day 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dtaQ3vq1uAY

Indeed.

You would lose that wager.

I can't believe that... TR 2013 is a better Uncharted than the Uncharted games in just about every aspect (at least compared to Uncharted 2, which seems to be the general consensus pick for best Uncharted), so it seems illogical that multiplayer in a game that does everything else better could somehow be worse. :p

Copons

I can't believe that... TR 2013 is a better Uncharted than the Uncharted games in just about every aspect (at least compared to Uncharted 2, which seems to be the general consensus pick for best Uncharted), so it seems illogical that multiplayer in a game that does everything else better could somehow be worse. :p

Wait what?

Darkroronoa

So, i just finished antichamber, clocking 7.3 hours and watched 2 times in a youtube video for a couple puzzles.
It is a really really good puzzle game and its also a unique experience, i dont remember playing anything like this before.
I was really surprised with its creativity and the way some puzzles are solved.I loved its minimalistic style, the "hints" are really nice and have a deeper meaning.Yeah this game has alot of good stuff.
I had some troubles with the cube placement but overall its was a fantastic game.It was not easy sometimes but if you really think you can solve everything.

One thing i did not understand is the ending, i think i get it but also its really weird.

I'm not kidding when I say that it doesn't even feel like SP and MP are the same game. and I loved TR2k13. The MP is an unmitigated tire fire. avoid like the clap.

Turfster

It's tacked on bullshit to appeal to the dudebro market because some marketing fuckhead with his head up his ass decided they needed to tick that box.

derExperte

While I haven't tried out TR2013 MP, since it's dead, I'm pretty sure that since the gunplay/shooting in TR is better than any Uncharted, that even if the map design was trash, it would at least be on par with the best of the Uncharted multiplayer content.

Gunplay isn't better in single player, not even close imo (goes for the whole game), and the mp feels much worse than the sp while U2's mp was really, really good.

I'm not kidding when I say that it doesn't even feel like SP and MP are the same game. and I loved TR2k13. The MP is an unmitigated tire fire. avoid like the clap.

Correct, something felt off when jumping between sp and mp.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Most of it is costumes, I think.
But the GOTY edition is missing a couple of the more major things too, I think.
Still, I can't buy a GOTY edition knowing that it only has 9 out of 45 pieces of DLC. They may be useless costumes and/or weapons, but I feel like I'd be buying an incomplete game nevertheless. And the Headhunter DLCs (there are 4 of them) aren't included, which apparently feature some sort of story.

Dammit, I hate buying incomplete games. I'll never buy Borderlands 2 at this rate.
Yup, I'm waiting for a Saints Row 3 Full Package-like bundle. That one is lacking 2 DLCs that are supposed to be cheats, and I'm fine with that. I just want all the non-cheat shit.

It's tacked on bullshit to appeal to the dudebro market because some marketing fuckhead with his head up his ass decided they needed to tick that box.

Y'know, it's funny -- sometimes games that you don't think should have multiplayer end up doing okay with it (or better than expected even... Dead Space 2 (when not playing with idiots) and Mass Effect 3 come to mind). However, Tomb Raider seemed like it didn't need it, much like Uncharted, Bioshock, The Darkness, and several other franchises. Leave the online to Call of Duty and Gears of War.

I didn't plan on playing it anyway... but duly noted. Dumpster fires are serious business.

Gunplay isn't better in single player, not even close imo (goes for the whole game), and the mp feels much worse than the sp while U2's mp was really, really good.

Sorry, but no.
Nothing about Uncharted 2 was really really good.

Uraizen

Banned
I'd totally report all GFWL games as Harmful but then what would happen to our DS2 better version? T_T

Also: I'd love to report games containing seriously harmful DRM, but I don't know them really as at the time of the DRM boom I was a console bitch. Is there a list or something?

You're doing Harmful? I'll go with Offensive, then.

kevin1025

Banned
I just checked my inbox and it's there. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem! Their update on the Steam page says they got inundated with requests, but everyone should have their keys by morning. I watched a bit of their livestream, could have potential.

UrbanRats

Wasn't this GFWL crap supposed to be dead? I've been reinstalling some games (clean install, changed HDD) and gotten to the point of Dark Souls.. lo and behold, the piece of shit is giving me one last fight before disappearing into the void. :\

put in my password: Loads forever.

click on "forgot my password", because what the hell.. oh, it's prompting me to the browser? Ok.. oh, page not found!

Goddamnit, just go away.

Basically every game with GFWL i've played gave me one issue or another.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry if I'm late to the party on this, have kinda been out of it today and yesterday.

I just saw that the game "Zombies" was renamed to Corporate Lifestyle Simulator on Steam, and that Groupees has Steam keys for Build a Bundle 4 purchasers (the game is still listed as "Zombies").

On another note, the new Groupees account page is very nice.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Today's Spelunky Daily Challenge is the easiest and most giving (in terms of items and chances for health) I've seen. Easily enough money to buy everything in the black market, plenty of bombs and ropes, jetpack, able to get the plasma gun no problem.

So of course I waste the Ankh immediately in the black market due to man-eating plant, have an alien be frozen and land on a shopkeeper, and be crushed by Olmec within just one block space away from him dying.

I love this game. Now to try out Project Cyber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom