• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

This is almost certainly what is going on. Personally I'm excited.

I wish I shared your optimism since I can only imagine that when it happens it's just going to be the same relatively undercooked grandiose idea like nearly everything else valve puts out these days. Don't get me wrong I love valve and everything they've done with steam but greenlight, trading cards, the market, the inventory it's all there, functional but exceedingly clunky and never sees any updates to refine their use, so I am terribly afraid that the moment valve opens its doors to everyone that we're going to see something that makes us wish that Early Access and Greenlight was the worst of it.

I do hope to be completed incorrect on this.

I got 25% off Pixel Piracy. But it's already on sale for 33% and you can't combine the coupon with other deals.

Another game for the ever-growing summer sale list.

Any idea why you received a coupon? I don't know why I have two and, as you said, they're useless right now.

Pixel Piracy seems interesting, but I'll wait until the final release when it's half off (or more). Just like Walking Dead S2.

Time to give back to the thread again, after so much generosity:

Let me know if anything doesn't work

Thanks. The game is actually FF7. I made a mistake.

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Final Fantasy VII -- MB-E0A393DB5C123054 - Taken by Tesseract. 13 entrants total.

t1394682197z1.png

And if anyone wants FEZ, I entered two giveaways a few weeks back and won two copies of it. Here is the unused link

FEZ =

Quote to reveal. I am not sure if this is the right link.

Grief.exe

Sometimes I go on a streak I guess. Its unfortunate that the background used on the System Shock 2 cover is a little lower resolution, but that is such an amazing piece of artwork that I have to use it. Logo on the spine is cut-off to emulate the original box.

I made a mistake when I sent it. I just bought FF7 and FF8 (FF8 for me, FF7 for giveaway) and I registered it as FF8.

You fixed it pretty quickly, I just got in before the edit.

If I buy Brave New World (Civ 5) from Nuuvem for MAC, will that activate as steamplay and give me the PC version as well?

====

Also, strange, but that video that compared the Dark Souls II footage is now private. I wonder what that's all about?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JaseC, if I remember right: You 100% Ass Creed 3: How the fuck are you supposed to play Fanorona? It's total bullshit that Achilles is able to combo all my shit from a corner because he's able to approach/retreat in lines while I have no means to take his shit on approach. WTF!?

kevin1025

Banned
Sometimes I go on a streak I guess. Its unfortunate that the background used on the System Shock 2 cover is a little lower resolution, but that is such an amazing piece of artwork that I have to use it. Logo on the spine is cut-off to emulate the original box.

You fixed it pretty quickly, I just got in before the edit.

That Sleeping Dogs cover is phenomenal.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Since I finally beat One Way Heroics, here's a key:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-EC09106541EE544A - Taken by zeroOman. 9 entrants total.

t1394685345z1.png

If there's any problems with the key, just let me know.

Dailies run 48hrs, it's still there. So yeah, Russia is the answer if gifting isn't region locked.

Oh, my mistake. When did dailies become 48 hours? That seems new.

He had to take it down and reupload with new music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbT03r_9Zo

Ah, ok. I had some people I wanted to show. Thanks for the heads up.

Quite a few lightning (and normal) give-aways today. Any reason why?

Because... whynot?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
probably going to go ahead and buy Infinite and Enemy Within.

Thought about Tomb Raider, but it's been cheaper elsewhere so I'm iffy on it.

Probably skipping Stanley Parable and waiting for a lower price.

Volimar

Oh man some good deals in that British Academy Games Awards sale.

Xcom Enemy Within 75% off? I love enemy unknown. Why always when I don't have any disposable income?

Qr5xNZh.gif

kevin1025

Banned
They're on Valve time now!

So how is Strider everyone? PC port good?

I played it on PS4 so I can't speak to the PC version, but I really ended up enjoying the game. It isn't a very long game, clocking in around 5-6 hours depending on how much you explore for the canister add-ons, but the game is fun and really scratched that Metroidvania itch, even if it doesn't meet those standards. It has its problems, with pacing and getting very samey in the latter third, if that makes sense. The combat can get in the way of the game, I guess is a good way of putting it. But that doesn't dampen it, to me at least. Worth the purchase!

They're on Valve time now!

So how is Strider everyone? PC port good?

PC port is fine if you can run it. Requires a card that's dx11 compatible, etc.

The game itself, that's another matter.
I thought the game was a total and utter letdown. It's really short (speed runs are easily done in under 2.5 hours, the deadline of 4 hours for the achievement is very generous; it took me 6.5 hours to beat with a lot of exploring and having found a good majority of the upgrades and such). And it doesn't really do anything good within the "metroidvania" genre -- the combat is repetitive and shallow, the story and writing are terrible (so bad that they're not even "comically" bad), there's no real variety in terms of enemies or locales.

I do not recommend it. I'm a huge Strider fan and even that did nothing for me... it may have made it worse, I'm not sure.

There was a PS3 demo, I think. If you have access to the demo in any way, I'd check it out before you potentially waste your money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom