• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this magical place?

iP836RpuSgFa7.gif

there's also steamtrades.com

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wrestling gifs are just the best. They almost trick me into checking it out again.

Ah you should. We have a good group over in WrasslinGAF that will help you out to try things out if you stop by in Off-Topic Community, and you do have a lot of options beyond just WWE these days.

def sim

Ah you should. We have a good group over in WrasslinGAF that will help you out to try things out if you stop by in Off-Topic Community, and you do have a lot of options beyond just WWE these days.

I don't know if I'm ready for that much wrestling just yet, but I'll probably try out the WWE network for Wrestlemania this year. It's an interesting concept and I want to support that kind of business. I'll see where that goes from there.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestling gifs are just the best. They almost trick me into checking it out again.

I'm tempted to watch it every time I think about Vince and Shane McMahon vs Shawn Michaels and God.

I think that second game is having the sex scenes removed for its Steam release. :( Really sucks. I wish for a future where eroge games are allowed on Steam. Maybe someday they'll get over their prejudice.

One day :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, nice, your inventory no longer reloads after redeeming a gift. This wasn't the case just yesterday.

Uraizen

Banned
I think that second game is having the sex scenes removed for its Steam release. :( Really sucks. I wish for a future where eroge games are allowed on Steam. Maybe someday they'll get over their prejudice.

While not sex scenes, there is a Director's Cut version of Vanguard Princess as a "DLC" update. So maybe that's a way to get around it...?

Knurek

Is Valve seriously thinking giving people reporting tools will work?
Exactly like they did with Greenlight, User Reviews and Tags?
Honestly, who does the same thing repeatedly and expects different results?

Finally had enough of Fortune Summoners.

At first I was appreciative of its unique controls and combat.
But after awhile every battle just becomes mundane and frustrating.
You have to block everything because the enemy almost always wins in terms of reach and priority. I got stuck soloing this dungeon and it eventually broke me.

Game is weird anyway. Why can't you wear gloves and underwear at the same time? It's either one or the other.

Creeps me out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I don't think Valve is expecting it to help much at all in the here and now. It is a necessary feature for autonomous self-publishing, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Greenlight, User Reviews, and Tags have worked well.

Wok

Today's Spelunky Daily Challenge is the easiest and most giving (in terms of items and chances for health) I've seen. Easily enough money to buy everything in the black market, plenty of bombs and ropes, jetpack, able to get the plasma gun no problem.

So of course I waste the Ankh immediately in the black market due to man-eating plant, have an alien be frozen and land on a shopkeeper, and be crushed by Olmec within just one block space away from him dying.

I love this game. Now to try out Project Cyber.

I am going to try this right now.

Sajjaja

There's a rumor/report that gamefly was hacked, some people's passwords were accessed and unauthorized orders were made. The site is down right now so you can't change your PW.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/20auif/psa_gameflys_site_was_hacked_yesterday/

GameFly might have been hacked.

I was going to change the password. But the site is currently down

Edit: 9 minutes earlier YianGaruga posted about the same thing >.<

AH WTF .. I just bought Metro LL from them this morning and now I'm scared D:

Knurek

Greenlight, User Reviews, and Tags have worked well.

Greenlight worked well for end-user as we got loads of games for cheap in bundles when developers tried to game the system, but I can't imagine the devs themselves are happy with this.

User reviews... I must say I preferred the earlier version - if you were friends with Xelios you got the best reviews personally delivered to you. Wish that still was the case, reading about masturbation schedules of sentient flowers is not really helping much.

Tags are kind of too early to tell, but I still recall reading how devs were pissed off at them.

Incidently, jshackles - would it be possible for EnhSteam to promote user reviews by people from your friendlist? Steam currently does not allow for that. :\

aku:jiki

So time to buy Vanguard Princess before it gets reported into oblivion for that pussy patch?

Why did they post such a crappy bundle to support one of their friends? That seems weird. I don't mean the games, I mean the fact that it doesn't get a proper part of the webpage and there's almost zero information about what you actually get. Is it keys? Downloads? Why are there only soundtracks for the Bit games or is that a typo? Does this purchase link to my Humble account?

I'd like to contribute since Brandon is a good guy, but I'd also like to know what I'm buying if my contribution is going to be in the form a veiled purchase.

Deques

So time to buy Vanguard Princess before it gets reported into oblivion for that pussy patch?

Why did they post such a crappy bundle to support one of their friends? That seems weird. I don't mean the games, I mean the fact that it doesn't get a proper part of the webpage and there's almost zero information about what you actually get. Is it keys? Downloads? Why are there only soundtracks for the Bit games or is that a typo? Does this purchase link to my Humble account?

I'd like to contribute since Brandon is a good guy, but I'd also like to know what I'm buying if my contribution is going to be in the form a veiled purchase.

The bundle seems to be useless to fund the medical bill anyway. It's already funded

Aerocrane

like an official nude patch?

i guess it's ok since it's free

otherwise it'd be something like pimping your characters or something, and that sounds really rotten

It doesn't add nudity, just some panty-shots. People have taken screenshots of them, check the game's steam community.

It's a free download right there on the Steam page. It doesn't even have any warnings or an age-gate, does it? Gabe gon be pissed about that anime vagina.
There is no official age rating on it, and I don't think there's an age gate either. This is the description of the DLC
Vanguard Princess Director's Cut features uncensored DLC demanded by longtime Vanguard Princess fans. Play Vanguard Princess is it was originally intended. Recommended for mature audiences.

It doesn't add nudity, just some panty-shots. People have taken screenshots of them, check the game's steam community.

To add to that, the panty shots flash on your screen for a split second after you win a match, and without the DLC they were hidden under shadows or something. No nudity and nothing that should make a removal necessary.

I researched this for scientific reasons.

Knurek

Incidentally, do we know whether the game was released with approval of original devs?

There was some hubbub about it last week, not sure if it gotten resolved.

zkylon

zkylewd

ah so it is totally fanservicy stuff. i thought since it read "Vanguard Princess Director's Cut features uncensored DLC demanded by longtime Vanguard Princess fans. Play Vanguard Princess is it was originally intended. Recommended for mature audiences." it was gonna be maybe also more violent or something

but nope

aku:jiki

To add to that, the panty shots flash on your screen for a split second after you win a match, and without the DLC they were hidden under shadows or something. No nudity and nothing that should make a removal necessary.

I researched this for scientific reasons.
I'm joking about all this but the screenshot I saw was not very innocent. It was about one square centimeter of fabric covering the vagina and dat cameltoe was extremely visible. Not that panty shots can be all that innocent and non-dirty in the first place...

Has there been an outraged feminist post on Kotaku about it yet? Because when that happens it's going to be age-gated at the very least.

I'm joking about all this but the screenshot I saw was not very innocent. It was about one square centimeter of fabric covering the vagina and dat cameltoe was extremely visible. Not that panty shots can be all that innocent and non-dirty in the first place...

Has there been an outraged feminist post on Kotaku about it yet? Because when that happens it's going to be age-gated at the very least.

Age gates are a joke, so what would it accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom