• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, the game is only published in select Asian territories and almost entirely in Traditional Chinese. There's no region-locking at play or anything -- it's just a very specific release.

Deques

I thought I remembered Jase saying that you could only play it on Chineese operating systems or it is only available for sale in China, but he can give you way more information on that.

You can change your system to another language.

It's in Traditional Chinese, I know because I bought it for him.

Wasn't it that you bought it in Hong Kong for him? China doesn't use Traditional Chinese...

JaseC

A few spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legends of Aethereus -- MB-CB246FDF1082D7CC - Taken by Nabs
Luxor 3 -- MB-0F656ED0964D2D2B - Taken by Dice
Skyborn -- MB-4E0CF9997E45C55E - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Constant C -- MB-2E9C9DDAD7DB3EAE - Taken by KenOD

Vibranium

Banned
Man, the Canadian price increases and Steam's impending conversion to our dollar (I hope Valve Time applies to this!) have really got me bummed out. I might email Gabe about it, but I already know the answer and don't want to remind them...

Thankfully we still have GMG and Amazon.com (Tony=God) for new games and sales, but this might mean actual Steam sales will be completely worthless now... ;_;

Man, the Canadian price increases and Steam's impending conversion to our dollar (I hope Valve Time applies to this!) have really got me bummed out. I might email Gabe about it, but I already know the answer and don't want to remind them...

Thankfully we still have GMG and Amazon.com (Tony=God) for new games and sales, but this might mean actual Steam sales will be completely worthless now... ;_;

Moar like Tony=gone, amirite? :lol

I think it's Josh now?

lol the guy playing the game sounds just like Duke Nukem.

That is a hilarious mental picture.

Oh really? I'm not into CAG much, so yeah. How's this Josh guy? Friendly?

I have no idea, other than people said Tony got promoted, Josh took the position, and Josh has a GAF account or something.

--

Dammit JaseC. What is it with you giving away keys I'd like a stab at when I'm not constantly F5'ing? :p

Vibranium

Banned
Who's Josh?

New Amazon.com videogame rep, the old guy Tony apparently got promoted. Tony is/was active on multiple forums to promote Amazon's deals, but got banned from GAF because of violating promotion rules. Personally I thought it was BS and Bish or EvilLore should have made it a temp ban but I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

The joke is we're wondering if Josh will get banned from here too.

If I actually wanted to play the game I would have bought a Uplay key by now. ;) I need the Steam version so I can redeem the DLC pack that's sitting in my inventory; while the support ticket I raised with Ubi about this three weeks ago is still ongoing I'm not expecting a satisfactory resolution.

Ah okay. So you need it trough steam.

dreamfall

Man, I just hope Dark Souls 2 is that version with dynamic lighting.

Sending the Durante signal early. This time, to potentially fix the entire game.
I kid... please be amazing.

New Amazon.com videogame rep, the old guy Tony apparently got promoted. Tony is/was active on multiple forums to promote Amazon's deals, but got banned from GAF because of violating promotion rules.

I like to think it was because he signed every post he made. Given that, a perm ban was more than justified.

--
Toddhunter

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks for Luxor 3. I was a bit distracted with a show at the time.

3 games away from 500 now

Anteater

Wish the gta4 engine wasn't so terrible, so many pop ups when you're on the helicopter

Would like to see how gta5 would look if it gets a good port

Already got a taxi spawning bug from only replacing 1 car, I'm just going to use the default cars.

JaseC

What if he gets you a copy of Wheelman ? :p

Haha, in that case he'd have the special honour of being the one and only person post-August 2011 to replace Saoirse as my avatar. :p

Thanks for Luxor 3. I was a bit distracted with a show at the time.

3 games away from 500 now

Enjoy! I put up an offer for Paper Monsters earlier (I'm hoping to trade one of my NASCAR '13 spares for it), so if I happen to get a copy it's going to be my 2500th game, a mark which I'm currently just 23 games shy of reaching.

That doesn't surprise me given how good some of them are. It's kinda jarring that stuff using the default tiles is on there though. I wouldn't want that stuff banned from the store or anything, its just surprising that that sort of content makes it through Greenlight.

Eh, it's definitely a thing; but a solid game is a solid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom