• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The price of Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z is fucking ridiculous on the UK store - £49.99 and currently £39.99 with a preorder discount ? Get tee fuck.

Thankfully I got it much cheaper than that.

You can pre-order Blackwell Epiphany now (humble widget). It's the fifth and final chapter in the Blackwell series, and you get a bunch of fun pre-order bonuses. You get a Steam key immediately after purchase too, so you'll be ready on April 24.

Tellaerin

So I finished Sudeki. It was a decent enough experience (though the ending was pretty underwhelming - it was about a half-step away from being "thank you for playing") and I'm glad to have finally satisfied my curiosity about it, but I don't see myself going back to finish up the handful of sidequests I left unfinished. I wouldn't mind seeing another action-RPG in the same vein (you control one character directly while the AI handles the other three and you can freely switch between them; the two melee-oriented party members play like something out of Dynasty Warriors, while the spellcaster/ranged types are played from first person, like an FPS), preferably fleshed out a little more.

Now I need to pick something to focus on next. Otherwise I'll probably end up spending all my gaming time playing Puzzle Quest and Luxor Evolved. >.> (And SHoDN. That's another one I can lose a bunch of time playing, I've discovered. ^^; )

Seagoon

Chivalry is 75% off ($6.25) over at GamersGate.

Fantastic price considering some of the awesome workshop content coming out such as the Black Knight mod (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232823090) and the Giant Slayers mod (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226726898)

8hWHNRnl.jpg

JvULiCNl.jpg

jonno394

Never thought i'd actually enjoy Tomb Raider, but my word, this game is great. Looks phenomenal and has an incredible atmosphere, combat is also a joy to take part in. Currently at the radio tower when you first start seeing snowy environments, can't wait to see what else there is to offer in this game.

Tizoc

Now I need to pick something to focus on next. Otherwise I'll probably end up spending all my gaming time playing Puzzle Quest and Luxor Evolved. >.> (And SHoDN. That's another one I can lose a bunch of time playing, I've discovered. ^^; )

ONE FINGER DEATH PUNCH!

Tizoc

^IMO Gunslinger since its short.
Aye, 13 keys from a trader on steamtrades. Had most of the money in card cash so not too shabby since I was looking to get the game anyway eventually :)

I'd get into the whole key trading if it just didn't seem 'odd' to me. I get how it works but all in all I'm more used to regular game trading or staright up buying it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

One I've earmarked for Paper Monsters but if I sell the other 15 for 30 keys at some point, and key prices have returned to ~$2.40, I'll make over $900. I kinda feel sorry for the few people I bought the copies from, but, hey, it's a predatory game. ;)

JaseC

Bought two from a trader. I am waiting with you. What's your prediction on how much it can be sold for?

People are already asking for 15 keys and this'll only go up as time goes on and the game becomes more rare. I probably won't bother selling off my stash until the Summer Sale is near.

def sim

I'm not quite sure how I have ignored that Titanfall was made by Respawn. Which makes it kind of surprising that it didn't get put on PS4 as well... since Respawn is published by EA and doesn't really have any specific ties to MS that I know of.
Being a fan of Modern Warfare games made by what is essentially Respawn (for the most part), I'm now curious about the game...

The general buzz seems good, what does SteamGAF say?

I enjoy it quite a bit. I wish there were more weapons, modes, and a way to customize your character/titan, but what's there is worthwhile. Titanfall is closer to MW2's focus on incredibly powerful everything, but they lean into it more. If you don't like shooters that give an absurd amount of offensive power to players, this might not be for you.

While Respawn's CoD roots is apparent, the pilot's maneuverability allows for a play style closer to Quake. I think it's the most effective way to play Titanfall.

I wonder if I should bump the Steam Dev Days video thread, because it's evident from the recent SC thread people are still ignorant as hell. Even if they still disagree with Valve's thought process watching those vids might bring some better understanding in those threads.

nah who am I kidding, nothing would change.

Tizoc

We need to add a rule which states that before you go making a thread about any Steam deal or mispricing, you post about it on SteamGAF first.

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena Clash of Champions -- MB-B720A20D69DC5C36 - Taken by zeroOman. 3 entrants total.

t1394896447z1.png

I know this has been posted many times, but I searched the OP and couldn't find it:

How can I get steam to stop updating every damn time I open it up?

I'm also eagerly awaiting the removal of GFWL BS from Dark Souls. I took a break a few months ago from it and once I realized I couldn't get back in without downloading the windows live crap for the 10th time, I just said fuck it. It's not worth it. I can't believe it won't let me play a game I bought.

JaseC

I know this has been posted many times, but I searched the OP and couldn't find it:

Opt out of the client beta. Stable client updates are only released once a month or so.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the removal of GFWL BS from Dark Souls. I took a break a few months ago from it and once I realized I couldn't get back in without downloading the windows live crap for the 10th time, I just said fuck it. It's not worth it. I can't believe it won't let me play a game I bought.

I just tried and I once again couldn't get Dark Souls to work.

heh, I know. It's just disheartening. You simply can't have proper discussions in those threads, because people are too boneheaded.

It's also doesn't matter how many times you say the "d-pad" is not a "d-pad" they'll not read, or just ignore it to shit post in the thread. How hard is to read the content in the OP and some of the insightful posts before posting opinions.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I would like to play a game in which I blindly reach into JaseC's inventory and keep whatever I pull out. Like some sort of raffle mystery box of terrible games that have been removed from Steam.

JaseC

I would like to play a game in which I blindly reach into JaseC's inventory and keep whatever I pull out. Like some sort of raffle mystery box of terrible games that have been removed from Steam.

Haha, my scalping list is growing rather large now:

Mind you, I really need to get around to asking Valve for a refund on those SR4 DLC packs... and I still don't actually have three spare copies of Saw. It needs to go on sale again.

Edit: I just realised I've misspelled "Helicopters". How embarrassing.

Caerith

Haha, my scalping list is growing rather large now:

Mind you, I really need to get around to asking Valve for a refund on those SR4 DLC packs... and I still don't actually have three spare copies of Saw. It needs to go on sale again.

Those Motor Rock guys are selling keys to their removed game, right? Maybe you should use your greenlight sub for nefarious purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom