• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those Motor Rock guys are selling keys to their removed game, right? Maybe you should use your greenlight sub for nefarious purposes.

Yeah, I checked the site yesterday and from what I could gather from a cursory glance keys are still being sold. On the Greenlight submission page there are rather stern warnings advising against submitting anything that you don't genuinely intend to release so I'd rather not tempt fate, haha. ;)

Am I pro?

13165873065_5d972d8709_o.jpg

Congrats. How many times did Adams screw you over? I did it on the PS3 and found it infuriating.

Anyways, first post here. I needed a new PC so I spent a little extra last month to get a gaming PC, instead of getting a PS4. It's safe to say that I'm not regretting the decision, my PS3 has been collecting dust since then :)

Caerith

Congrats. How many times did Adams screw you over? I did it on the PS3 and found it infuriating.

Anyways, first post here. I needed a new PC so I spent a little extra last month to get a gaming PC, instead of getting a PS4. It's safe to say that I'm not regretting the decision, my PS3 has been collecting dust since then :)

Welcome! You should collect dust with your PC, too.

Oh and if you're going to hook up your PS3 controller, read this.

Yeah, I checked the site yesterday and from what I could gather from a cursory glance keys are still being sold. On the Greenlight submission page there are rather stern warnings advising against submitting anything that you don't genuinely intend to release so I'd rather not tempt fate, haha. ;)

1.) Create a game on RPG maker
2.) Submit the game to Greenlight
3.) Get approved
4.) Ask someone from SteamGAF to do an OT for your game
5.) ???
6.) Profit

xD

I just played a bit of Arkham Origins and I dont quite understand the mediocre reviews. Mind you, I was playing Arkham City before and it is essentially the "same" game with the same pros and cons that Arkham City has, so I wonder why the reviews are so mediocre.

ArjanN

Am I pro?

13165873065_5d972d8709_o.jpg

Nice.

Specs Ops is pretty doable achievement-wise. No multiplayer achievements. No grinding, only a small number of collectables and there's a level select if you missed one. The hardest difficulty has some tricky sections though because the cover system can be a bit finicky,

JaseC

How about a clone of Ecco the Dolphin except about a seal? A free, Irish seal. One with inertia.

I think you're on to something!

Thanks! But can I also change my login name (steam account name) or is that set in stone?

Also, you guys, I need friends badly on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/marialtha/

Sadly your account name is final. I'm stuck with nofuckingidea myself: I was frustrated by all my desired names having already been chosen, so impulsively typed that in and hit enter. I didn't expect the name to actually be free, haha.

Pachimari

Sadly, it's not possible

More importantly, what does a grownup boy have to do to get a copy of OutRun2?

It's alright. Thanks for the help.

And thanks to the 3 who have already added me. :)

I also think I'm gonna spend the next weekend reading up on what trading, achievements and all those features mean. I don't even know what I'm gonna do with badges. :D

I think you're on to something!

Sadly your account name is final. I'm stuck with nofuckingidea myself: I was frustrated by all my desired names having already been chosen, so impulsively typed that in and hit enter. I didn't expect the name to actually be free, haha.
That's a funny story, and actually a pretty cool name you got yourself. Could you add me as well JaseC?

CS:GO is still asking me to update it, but I've held off because of that whole revert fiasco recently.

Anyone know if it's safe to update again?

Nzyme32

I wonder if I should bump the Steam Dev Days video thread, because it's evident from the recent SC thread people are still ignorant as hell. Even if they still disagree with Valve's thought process watching those vids might bring some better understanding in those threads.

nah who am I kidding, nothing would change.

No one other than the people with a genuine interest are willing to read the OP, only the title.

No one wants to watch videos because thats too complicated in and of itself.

People want a console war type argument, they don't care about the controllers purpose or future

Opinion will only change when there is plenty of hand on reports/media coverage and reviews or MS/Sony incorporate similar ideas for whatever reason in some other product. Then you might get a meaningful discussion

Blablurn

Got a question. Thanks to a lot of Steam games I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ entries in my software list. Do I need to keep them all or is it alright if I just keep the newest?

Turfster

Got a question. Thanks to a lot of Steam games I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ entries in my software list. Do I need to keep them all or is it alright if I just keep the newest?

You need to keep all of them.
Function calls change over time, and programs are linked against specific versions of the runtime. Remove the runtime it needs and you break one of the seals of the apocalypse.

JaseC

so, nothing else i can do? just leave the apps?

It's best to leave the various C++ versions installed. Valve's post here is in regard to DirectX but the same applies to the bajillion C++ redists, too.

Finding more Nascar gifts is difficult :/

I just bought another two myself. Someone one-upped my offer for Paper Monsters with an offer of two, so I countered with three. ;)

Deques

It's best to leave the various C++ versions installed. Valve's post here is in regard to DirectX but the same applies to the bajillion C++ redists, too.

I just bought another two myself. Someone one-upped my offer for Paper Monsters with an offer of two, so I countered with three. ;)

It was probably you who bought the other two from someone. I found someone who got two, but when I added him and wanted to trade with him, he said he just sold the last ones

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just played a bit of Arkham Origins and I dont quite understand the mediocre reviews. Mind you, I was playing Arkham City before and it is essentially the "same" game with the same pros and cons that Arkham City has, so I wonder why the reviews are so mediocre.

It wasn't made by Rocksteady.

lol he rejected both our offers :(

got 12 copies of nascar and 21 copies of brave new world :)

Blablurn

Thanks JaseC!

JaseC

oh, well. it seems all the cheap ones are gone now

I'm guessing you've already explored the current listings on TF2 Outpost, but just in case:

- This guy has three copies and listed a price of $4 each
- This guy has one copy and listed a price of 3 keys
- This guy has one copy but it's not mentioned in his listing so he may be holding on to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom