• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question regarding DS4 controller on PC:

Once setup is it plug&play like the wired 360 controller or do you have to mess around with games sometimes to get it to work correctly?

Zia

Bundlestars Indie Capsule Bundle, currently going.
Edit: B10 like a redheaded dead horse.

It was part of a groupees bundle.

Edit: Damn ipad

Thanks, guys!

The more popular Go becomes, the less I want to play it for some reason, I uninstalled it again :). I don't even have any Source games installed anymore.

I'm exactly the opposite. I reinstall every time a new Operation is released. I played competitive 1.5 very seriously and thought Counter-Strike's time had long passed. It's really exciting for me to see it not only stabilize as a modern platform, but for that platform to become way popular. Thanks, cheesy gun skins!

There is no resolution option in Luftrausers.

Hey, a Vlambeer game.

Lunaniem

I'm exactly the opposite. I reinstall every time a new Operation is released. I played competitive 1.5 very seriously and thought Counter-Strike's time had long passed. It's really exciting for me to see it not only stabilize as a modern platform, but for that platform to become way popular. Thanks, cheesy gun skins!

The Operations are great just to get crates that sell more than the actual pass. :p

But it's become more popular because it's a better game and has improved massively.

I played since it launched at beta(like 400 hours), still feels pretty much the same to me, and while I've had a blast with it and appreciate how rock solid and easy it is to get straight to the gameplay, overall I just don't like the way new Valve is steering it.

The Operations are great just to get crates that sell more than the actual pass. :p

I like your scheming ways ;).

I wonder if Valve is planning to move some of these GaaS to S2. They're obviously here to stay for a long time (we won't be getting TF3, Dota3 or CS++), but there comes a time when some makeup is needed imo.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I played since it launched at beta(like 400 hours), still feels pretty much the same to me, and while I've had a blast with it and appreciate how rock solid and easy it is to get straight to the gameplay, overall I just don't like the way new Valve is steering it.

Pros seem to enjoy it since I think the primary weapon sticker count was sitting around 3 for EMS One Katowice semi-finals I have been watching streams of.

Metro: LL

Turned off physX, bumped up the quality to High, set AA to auto.
Performance in the Heavy Squad DLC mission was a vast improvement.

30 seconds later the game crashes to desktop.

VRAM issue?

Anteater

dante sure isn't looking good these days

gtaiv_2014_03_15_20_5zmj5b.jpg

Question regarding DS4 controller on PC:

Once setup is it plug&play like the wired 360 controller or do you have to mess around with games sometimes to get it to work correctly?

Plug and Play

You'll probably want something like this to use the DS4.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

I like the Scarlet.Crush DS3 SCP Service better. DS4 to XInput had a lot of problems with dropped input in my experience.

dante sure isn't looking good these days

Cousin, let's go bowling!

This GameFly "Under Review" crap is so damn annoying... Why can't they just accept payments like any other DD supplier?

I've never experienced this... what are they reviewing?

fantomena

Even though the lach of graphics settings in Luftrausers is dissapointing the game is goddamn fun.

I don't think Devolver and Vlambeer has anything against me saying this:

BUY LUFTRAUSERS!

Even though the lach of graphics settings in Luftrausers is dissapointing the game is goddamn fun.

I don't think Devolver and Vlambeer has anything against me saying this:

BUY LUFTRAUSERS!
I hope they make it so there's an option to go full screen while playing with a controller.
I tried playing Luftrausers through Steam big picture mode on my TV and it was just crazy tiny.

But it is a pretty fun game, I agree.

Congrats. How many times did Adams screw you over? I did it on the PS3 and found it infuriating.

Anyways, first post here. I needed a new PC so I spent a little extra last month to get a gaming PC, instead of getting a PS4. It's safe to say that I'm not regretting the decision, my PS3 has been collecting dust since then :)

I lost count of how many times I had to heal him because he was just standing in the middle of nowhere shooting to a goddamn ledge. I would then have to clear the area ultra fast to heal him!

Nice.

Specs Ops is pretty doable achievement-wise. No multiplayer achievements. No grinding, only a small number of collectables and there's a level select if you missed one. The hardest difficulty has some tricky sections though because the cover system can be a bit finicky,

Indeed! But that attack chopper section where you run through the musuem is pretty stupid!

DasFool

Metro: LL

Turned off physX, bumped up the quality to High, set AA to auto.
Performance in the Heavy Squad DLC mission was a vast improvement.

30 seconds later the game crashes to desktop.

VRAM issue?

What is your video card? I've run both an AMD 7850 and a GTX 460 through this game on high quality/auto AA and I haven't crashed.

natertots

Here is a little giveaway since everyone here is awesome.

It's the 1st tier of the Humble Weekly Sale which includes: Rome Total War, Company of Heroes, Alpha Protocol, and Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SEGA Humble Bundle Tier 1 -- MB-D3BCFBD41F0172C7 - Taken by topyy. 28 entrants total.

t1394918814z1.png

What is the DLC for Metro Last Light? Is it any single player story content?

Reading the descriptions leads me to believe that the Chronicles and Faction packs are side missions for the single player.
Then there's an extra gun (RPK), a challenge Tower (Tower), the hardcore mode (Ranger), and a shooting range/musem thing (Developer).

Dambrosi

Banned
H799RH-7L8NPP-RCKKT8, but it only works on games that are $10/€10/£10 or more.

Edit: Beaten.
Doesn't work on the hard copy of Dark Souls 2, probably because it's already discounted. Ah well. I wonder if the retail boxed copy has the preorder goodies?

Here is a little giveaway since everyone here is awesome.

It's the 1st tier of the Humble Weekly Sale which includes: Rome Total War, Company of Heroes, Alpha Protocol, and Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Great giveaway, but I'll leave it for GAFfers who don't already have three of those games.

Having now finished The Bureau, it's not as bad as the wrap it gets. The story is cheesy as shit, but surprisingly twisted better than I thought it was. The game play is pretty satisfying...throwing orders around is awesome when it works.

There is some jank though. The dialogue trees get redundent and sometimes don't make sense. The 'side missions' in the base don't really lead to anything
I 'saved' Nils and found a cure for the sleeping walker...and no one seemed to notice

Pretty short, about 10 hours to do everything in the main game and I wish there was a little more customization, but you can do a lot worse for $5 if you enjoy the XCOM universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom