• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloegr

Doytch said:
VISCERAL!

I'd pick up ToV if there weren't three games coming out in the span of a month that I want to play. Still, anyone who doesn't have either CoH or OF should jump on this for $5.

CoH: Gold is also $7.50. That's what I'd recommend to someone who doesn't have any of the CoH games.

Lkr

does anybody want to do Bioshock 2 four pack with me? Its 10% off and you get the original Bioshock on steam for free

Highly recommend CoH to anyone who is on the fence. The best RTS I've yet played. Be aware that the MP can be unforgiving however.

Funny how the weekend deal corresponds with the release of the Eastern Front mod. Here's hoping Relic has something official coming relating to the CoH franchise (or better yet, Homeworld)!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Bought a retail CoH back in the day without the expansion for the Brits. Guess I have to get that expansion at retail as well.

MoFuzz

So, the general consensus is yay for Company of Heroes and Opposing fronts but nay for Tales of valor?

In other words, CoH:Gold?

NIN90 said:
SHIT FUCK THIS SHIT I JUST BOUGHT COH YESTERDAY FOR 10 BUCKS

ON STEAM
15wcnxs.jpg

Wait, wouldn't it have been $20? Unless you mean the big sale last month. Anyways, it happens to the best of us. Don't feel too bad :p

legend166

Hahaha, oh crap, I was playing CoH last night with a mate, and he told me to get Tales of Valor. I said, "eh, next time it's on sale on Steam I'll pick it up."

Excellent.

One question - I own the retail copy of CoH Gold. There's not problem buying Tales of Valor on Steam, right?

NIN90

speculawyer said:
Well . . . you can get the add-ons for cheap now.

I got COH: Gold and I have no interest in ToV. :(
Well that was still a hell of a deal for 10 bucks.

But seriously, what are the odds?

legend166 said:
Hahaha, oh crap, I was playing CoH last night with a mate, and he told me to get Tales of Valor. I said, "eh, next time it's on sale on Steam I'll pick it up."

Excellent.

One question - I own the retail copy of CoH Gold. There's not problem buying Tales of Valor on Steam, right?

It's a standalone expansion, and you can tie the keys together.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
wmat said:
Bought a retail CoH back in the day without the expansion for the Brits. Guess I have to get that expansion at retail as well.
I bought Company of Heroes and Opposing Fronts retail.
I bought Tales of Valor on Steam.

So, here's the thing.

Company of Heroes, Opposing Fronts, Tales of Valor are all the same files on your computer (when patched to the latest version). The key difference here is that each "expansion" has a serial key that is added to your master account at Relic Servers.

So, as long as you have the key registered on your account, you get the access to that expansion features.

I don't remember if Steam gives you the key to the game when you install it (I think i had to dig through the Registry to find them), but once after i registered them in my main relic account (which you do ingame), i got access to everything on my retail installation.

Sloegr

drizzle said:
I don't remember if Steam gives you the key to the game when you install it (I think i had to dig through the Registry to find them)...

My Games -> Right-click Game -> View Game CD Key

Firestorm

Max said:
Complete pack for $12.50, or Gold for $7.50

I can't decide, i've heard ToV isn't that great
I was reading the 1up review and it seemed to be more of a value thing. Not worth $30 as it seemed more like a collection of DLC than a true expansion. So I think at $5 it could be worth just grabbing them all so you at least have all the units.

Sanjay

Technosteve said:
http://easternfront.org/

eastern front mod just got released.
adds russians to coh.

impressions so far, very very different. No retreat no start units can't op points a shit ton of units.

They can retreat but only if you have a Officer near them, also the 8 men squads with 4 only having guns sounds cool too.

IceMarker

If you guys read any of my posts from the last page or two you know I had a bit of a fit, but that feeling is long gone... I now think Steam Support may be some of the best support I've gotten from a company in a long time.

« Message by Miles on Thu, 21st Jan 2010 1:49 pm »
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

You should now see a guest pass available to gift to your friend.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
So yes, my problem is happily resolved! (It says guest pass but I made sure it was the full game giftable and it was and is now on my friend's Steam account.)

Here's the kicker though, this may just be either a mistake or Steam Support is really nice. I still have my extra digital copy on Steam, even after restarting after gifting the game to my friend.

So to re-cap: I have a retail copy, a Steam copy, and now my friend has a copy. :D

Thank you Steam, you guys rock!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Max said:
Complete pack for $12.50, or Gold for $7.50

I can't decide, i've heard ToV isn't that great

ToV has quality content, just not a ton of it. I don't think it was worth the 30 I paid for it, but for $5? Totally worth it.

KaYotiX

Banned
When i go to buy the entire CoH pack it says this in my shopping cart "It looks like you have packages which overlap in your cart. You need to remove the reundant packages from your cart before you can checkout."

but when i add each individually its fine......any ideas?? Its only $2 more by buying CoH gold then adding Valor.

Struct09 said:
How often do non-Valve games offer pre-loading? I'd love to be able to preload BioShock 2.

Bioshock was preloaded, this in all certainty will be as well. They even had (for the first time I think!) a countdown to unlocking.

KaYotiX said:
When i go to buy the entire CoH pack it says this in my shopping cart "It looks like you have packages which overlap in your cart. You need to remove the reundant packages from your cart before you can checkout."

but when i add each individually its fine......any ideas?? Its only $2 more by buying CoH gold then adding Valor.

This happens to me as well. Just give it a while. I am sure they will fix it before the weekend is over. Send a email if you want to be sure they know.

Doytch

John said:
Is CoH accessible for those of us who aren't that good at strategy games? Single-player story good?
Single player is really good, but I had trouble at some points cause I suck. Nothing absolutely brutal though...

amrod

1C Racing Megapack Now Available!
January 22, 2010, 12:19 pm - Valve - Product Release
1C Company has released their Racing Megapack for 25% off until January 29th! It features 4x4 Hummer, Death Track Resurrection, Streets of Moscow, A.I.M. Racing, and Classic Car Racing!

On sale for 14.99 reg 19.99

Hawk SE

I need to finish CoH. I have them all (before all the sale) and still haven't finished them. I love RTS', but I'm so bad at them, even Relic ones with CoH and DoWII.

Now I'm compelled to play more!

Tenks

I was on the fence about this since I can't say I cared for Dawn of War II's single player all that much but this seems much better after watching IGN's video review.

Roofy

damn i bought that whole CoH pack for $12.50

i really need to get in the habit of checking here first

Tales of Valor really isnt good?

well at least it wasnt full price

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How is the length of COH in single player and how similar is it to DOWII in terms of single player campaign?

Roofy said:
damn i bought that whole CoH pack for $12.50

i really need to get in the habit of checking here first

Tales of Valor really isnt good?

well at least it wasnt full price
I think people here are mostly basing that on its Metacritic score, which isn't even that bad in the first place, and would probably be better if not for the $30 price tag.

poppabk said:
How is the length of COH in single player and how similar is it to DOWII in terms of single player campaign?
The full package will net you lots of single player. Original had a... 15? mission campaign. One of the missions lasts an hour. First exp pack probably gives another 10 hours. Dunno about 2nd exp pack.

DOW2 campaign, er... not. Linear campaigns. Some units will carry over but it's much more "traditional" than DOW2's Diablo/DOW1 hybrid. I never actually beat the main campaign because one of the missions starts with the units at the end of the previous mission (that one hour mission) and I barely scraped through that one and just got pounded at the start of the next. Great game, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom