• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Macmanus said:
It really is. When people say the latest PoP was the worst since the reboot I have to question whether they even played this steaming pile of hot garbage.
No joke. I've played bad games before, but never played a game that made me so incredibly furious.

To all prospective POP players: skip it. It's not worth it, even if you're OCD about sequels like I am. I sincerely wish I hadn't played it. If I could erase it from my memory, I would. I am utterly convinced it has drained me of at least 10 years of my life.

*sobs*

derFeef

This is really ocming too late. I would have bought it and had 1 key left now, but all my friends bought it for themself already.

Wow, just started playing Sniper Elite on Steam. Jesus is that game rough. The games colors are all earth tones, and my eyes are actually hurting from playing the game. I don't think I would recommend this, even if the $2 sale comes back. :(

Twig

Banned
Twig said:
On a hopefully lighter note, I hear Two Thrones is not shit.
Sadly, this ended up not being true. Still way too much combat and it's still way too frustratingly terrible. ):

In other words, I no longer need help with my oversensitive analog problem. (Not that anyone was trying to help anyway.) O:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
Anyone else have that problem? Or not have that problem? Or know how to fix it?

Yeah, when i recently tried Two Thrones with my 360 controller it felt fucking awful. That must have been why. I've always been fine with the mouse and keyboard controls in the series, but it would have been nice to have it work.

Chris R

So it seems we have 4 people for a BC2 Squad Pack... who is going to buy it? :lol I can pay asap by Amazon gift cards, or over Paypal (but I think they have to transfer funds from my bank account and that takes them a week or something, plus their fees).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
Sadly, this ended up not being true. Still way too much combat and it's still way too frustratingly terrible. ):

In other words, I no longer need help with my oversensitive analog problem. (Not that anyone was trying to help anyway.) O:
lies!

Two Thrones is a mostly excellent game, albeit still without the charm of SoT.

deleted

Desaparecido said:
Ouch, 150 EUR? Yeah, it's 150 USD.

Jep, guessed that... Normally the prices match most of the time, but some publishers are still using the 1:1 translation.

Anyway, still looking for a 4 pack to get into :D

Twig

Banned
Rez said:
lies!

Two Thrones is a mostly excellent game, albeit still without the charm of SoT.
I can't stand the combat. Playing on easy and I still die all the time, because of how insanely wonky the controls are.

insert smarmy comment about how i suck at games

I'd love to play the game devoid of combat. That would make my day.

Volcynika

Twig said:
I can't stand the combat. Playing on easy and I still die all the time, because of how insanely wonky the controls are.

Twig sucks at games!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:

Two Thrones combat is all about the stealth executions. If done properly, you will rarely have to get into a actual fight.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Two Thrones combat is all about the stealth executions. If done properly, you will rarely have to get into a actual fight.
I do like that, but sometimes you do have to get in a fight. Or sometimes you just suck at stealth shit.

And I played on easy just for such occasions, but they still get you in those combos you can't get out of because you're in the middle of one yourself and then you lose half your health etc. Easy should mean I can absolutely destroy anyone just by looking at them funny. I don't play easy to be challenged. \: (Well, I like the "challenging" platforming, which isn't affected by difficulty anyway so!)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
And I played on easy just for such occasions, but they still get you in those combos you can't get out of because you're in the middle of one yourself and then you lose half your health etc. Easy should mean I can absolutely destroy anyone just by looking at them funny. I don't play easy to be challenged. \: (Well, I like the "challenging" platforming, which isn't affected by difficulty anyway so!)

I know what you mean. I play games like this on easy myself and I actually got stuck on these double bosses later on in the game (forced fight *sigh*) and never finished the game.

Volcynika

speculawyer said:
Is the single player of Battlefield Bad Company 2 any good?

If you're only buying it for the single-player...well..you shouldn't. It's got some funny one liners, but the campaign itself is not that great.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
speculawyer said:
Is the single player of Battlefield Bad Company 2 any good?

It's pretty shitty. Exceedingly poor pacing, level flow, story, writing, and lame setpieces. The first three or so levels are decent though.

All right, after at least 12,000 posts it seems like a good idea to me, to update the OP. What absolutely needs to go in there and is currently missing?

I'll fix the images and make entirely new ones.

Emonk

Banned
I'm really curious what the initial Mac offerings will be next month. I suppose it's too much to hope that EA is giving away the Mac version of Dragon Age if you purchased the Windows version, although I would be inclined to pick up Return to Ostagar and Awakening if they did such a thing.

Ah well, I can dream.

kamspy

I wonder if future Valve games will be OpenGL to save the time from porting DX->OpenGL.

Then we'll really have reason to march on the Valve HQ with torches and pitchforks in hand.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
kamspy said:
I've still never read a post from you about how you like a game.

Is there a game you like?

Read that post and you will see that it's clear I like... no love Allied Assault. OH SNAP. Also, while as a game Metro 2033 is underwhelming, I love the atmosphere. Love the shit out of it. I was holding off on dropping that bomb till I finished the game though and did a little write up in the thread.

Scipius

kamspy said:
I wonder if future Valve games will be OpenGL to save the time from porting DX->OpenGL.

Then we'll really have reason to march on the Valve HQ with torches and pitchforks in hand.

I would consider Valve going OpenGL-only a very good thing... It's unlikely though.

Blizzard

Banned
kamspy said:

Wait, why would we dislike them for using OpenGL? Assuming they ported the Source engine to OpenGL, then there's not really a reason for them NOT to support it, and maybe they'll actually get support for Linux as well as Mac eventually. As far as I know they've had Linux servers for quite a while.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
kamspy said:

I don't see why Valve using OGL would be a bad thing from any angle.

The Steam Store page for Lead & Gold has the single player listed as a feature but all I've read about it doesn't seem to say anything about single player.

Is that a mistake? For $13.49, it seems interesting enough.

(I know . . . but I like single player. I never play any one game long enough to get any good so I tend to get slaughtered in multi-player.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom