• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually if any single person wants in on a 4-pack, my brothers-in-law and friend are 3/4 of one right now and looking for a fourth.

I think people in this thread can probably vouch for me as trustworthy over multiple game launches and such.

Best way to contact me would be on AIM at "TheHawkian" or gmail/gtalk: "thehawkian@gmail.com"

Sanjay

gregor7777 said:
Half Life sucks

th_catwtf7.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Twig said:
I mean dedication like "i am going to play this until it's done"

Eh playing through the entire campaign on Advanced is insane, if you ask me :p Besides, the fun in L4D2 isn't playing THROUGH the campaign as in a game like HL2. It's playing the campaign. It's one of the ultimate talking-with-buddies-after-around-remember-that-fucking-moment games.

Twig

Banned
Hawkian said:
Eh playing through the entire campaign on Advanced is insane, if you ask me :p Besides, the fun in L4D2 isn't playing THROUGH the campaign as in a game like HL2. It's playing the campaign. It's one of the ultimate talking-with-buddies-after-around-remember-that-fucking-moment games.
Yeah I'm with you on this. d: That's exactly why I love the games. :D

Twig said:
I mean dedication like "i am going to play this until it's done"

It takes more than five minutes. Also there are four campaigns in the first game. Well, five if you count Crash Course. Okay maybe four and a half.
I meant all the campaigns. More like chapters to me.

And that didn't include Crash Course because it's paid DLC on the 360. I thought Valve said they'd never do that. :(

Volcynika

Desaparecido said:

And that didn't include Crash Course because it's paid DLC on the 360. I thought Valve said they'd never do that. :(

Considering consoles are a whole different beast for releasing content compared to PC, Valve can't promise anything for a console release of extra content.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Desaparecido said:

They were forced to due to Microsoft's policy on xbox live.

Jin34

Also interested in the 4 pack, how do you guys go around doing that, Paypal? And how do you make sure people pay up even though I've never seen a problem with the 4 packs from lurking when I wasn't a member.

So it seems that both MW2 DLC packs have been added to the registry. Most likely they are coming soon (no price). Also the new Sam & Max will be up for pre purchase soon which will include a free episode of the second series.

Alright, I've purchased a L4D2 four-pack. I'm looking to deal the three slots for $19 a piece. If anyone wants in, please message me ASAP.

ETA - One slot remaining. Any takers?

wormstrangler said:
Welcome to the last...err 15 years of PC gaming?

Thanks! I just started PC gaming when I built this computer in 2008, always used Macs in the past. I've never been subject to CD checks or anything like that, and it just seemed a bit obtrusive compared to Steam games. I know most of you are old school PC vets and are used to it, so forgive my newbishness in the matter.

graywolf323

LovingSteam said:
So it seems that both MW2 DLC packs have been added to the registry. Most likely they are coming soon (no price). Also the new Sam & Max will be up for pre purchase soon which will include a free episode of the second series.

but I already own the second series :-(

and well for that matter everything they have on Steam since I bought the Telltale Everything Pack :lol

Keikaku

opticalmace said:
Edit: last one pending.

OK I bought a 4pack of L4D2. Have 2 copies left for whoever is interested.

Send me a PM and we'll sort it out!

PM'ed you, though I'm probably late :D

Thanks for the offer in any case!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BuddhaRockstar said:
Thanks! I just started PC gaming when I built this computer in 2008, always used Macs in the past. I've never been subject to CD checks or anything like that, and it just seemed a bit obtrusive compared to Steam games. I know most of you are old school PC vets and are used to it, so forgive my newbishness in the matter.

Oh shit we game together all the time and I never even knew.

Erasus

Just got L4D2. Curse you steam and your cheap prices!

I already got BFBC2 and FFXIII this month, I was not supposed to purchase anything else!:lol

John

wmat said:
Well, it's less the gamemodes themselves, more how they're presented, together with game-specific quirky stuff. The announcer, the flashy stats screen, the weird character specials.. I find all that annoying. It's just not what I want to sink my teeth into. I don't want to actually use the spy how he's supposed to be used, or run around healing dudes with that HP gun.

Maybe there's a great game below the presentation layer, but I can't get past it. That while I enjoyed TFC. I think it's really the presentation that annoys me. Especially the character blurbs and the announcer. Drives me nuts.
You hate joy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Façade said:
I'm pretty sure they do.

Yep, so you don't have to worry about pesky things like money when the game comes out. :lol

Prepurchase refunds are quick and easy though, I've done it twice.

Hawkian said:
Yep, so you don't have to worry about pesky things like money when the game comes out. :lol

Prepurchase refunds are quick and easy though, I've done it twice.

K the only reason I ask is I noticed that Lead and gold beta is going, if you pre purchase the game of course, for 13 bucks, but I have spent soo much moola this month on a new puppy and all, but god I want to try that beta lol. Kinda sad when 13 bucks is too much :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom