• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

vazel

Banned
Does Steam really not do anything about cheaters? Saw a speedhacker today in L4D and got his steam id(STEAM_1:0:8960456) but everyone told me not to bother because Steam never does shit.

vazel said:
Does Steam really not do anything about cheaters? Saw a speedhacker today in L4D and got his steam id(STEAM_1:0:8960456) but everyone told me not to bother because Steam never does shit.

There's no reporting system, so I suppose not. If VAC doesn't catch it, they don't get banned.

Keep in mind VAC does delayed bans in order to try and catch as many cheaters as possible.

Roofy

i got my visa bill in today and have come to the conclusion that 300$ a month on steam is too much.

If i come in here asking about a game just tell me no

thanks GAF

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Roofy said:
i got my visa bill in today and have come to the conclusion that 300$ a month on steam is too much.

thanks GAF

Wow how and when did that happen? how many games you ended up purchasing?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I haven't played a single MP game of L4D, despite owning the first since launch. Might give it a go if there are friendly matches. I've just heard some terrible things about how butthurt people get, and I'm used to zany TF2 players.

Red Scarlet

Hawkian said:
Will you play with people who aren't new too, or are you just looking to help out the youngins?

I'll play w/ whoever. I'm just trying to give the new folks a push, and love showing them the ropes. I think I come across as bossy/bitchy though, and I don't mean to. :(

Boonoo

Lyphen said:
I haven't played a single MP game of L4D, despite owning the first since launch. Might give it a go if there are friendly matches. I've just heard some terrible things about how butthurt people get, and I'm used to zany TF2 players.

I think that I can honestly say that I've never had a real negative experience with L4D multiplayer, versus or campaign. I've also never played it with randoms, but there are enough gaffers playing that you shouldn't have to.

Twig

Banned
Lyphen said:
Man, TF2 (on PC) has one of the best communities I've ever experienced (which, granted, is not a big sample).

Left 4 Dead features a lot of ragequitting if you play with randoms, but... who the fuck plays with randoms?

Roofy said:

thanks GAF
LOL WUT? These days I buy at most 3 Steam games a month.

vazel

Banned
Roofy said:

thanks GAF
You should only spend that much on Steam during the holiday sale. My first Steam holiday sale I spent close to $200. The last one I showed more restraint and it was under $100.

Decided to go for the L4D2 sale. I played and loved the first one, I just haven't had a chance to play the second one. Figured now would be a good a time as ever :lol

Gonna go kill some zombs and get the hang of this before I attempt to get online.

Jin34

Red Scarlet said:
I'll play with any of you new guys getting L4D2, just add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bulleta

I don't charge $10 for 8 mins either!

Giving it away for free so you can hook people and then charge them? Clever girl :p I'm one of the new ones, had the game on the 360 but traded it in and got it on PC, as well as L4D1, so I'm kind of noobish on the second one since I couldn't stand the sluggish feel of the 360 version.

Steam ID is Jin34p for any fellow noobs, noob trainers or anyone really. But cant play right now, got college work to do.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Hmm, I have a raising interest to get L4D2 mostly because the price.

Although I have to admit that I haven't played the first one :/ Decisions, decisions...

woxel1

Valve fans, we've lost our administrator...

Dr. Breen said:
Welcome. Welcome to City 17.

You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers. I thought so much of City 17 that I elected to establish my Administration here, in the Citadel so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors. I have been proud to call City 17 my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to parts unknown, Welcome to City 17. It's safer here.

40390.gif

Robert Culp 1930-2010 RIP

woxel1 said:
Valve fans, we've lost our administrator...

Robert Culp 1930-2010 RIP

Sad to hear and he did good work. Still, 80 years... well done.

Also, looking for clips of his HL2 work has made me realize that (in realm of Youtube) people with Garry's Mod are to people looking for Dr Breen clips, what anime fans are to people looking for unedited music videos.

Orgun

Stink said:
Steam is temporarily unavailable, try again later.

Damn this thing is stupid sometimes.

I had the same thing. Create a desktop icon for Steam, right click properties and add -clearbeta to the end of the target box. So it looks like

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -clearbeta

Fixed it for me.

Also I just bought EQ1 +15 expansions for £1.99 ...i'm never going to play this but god damn £1.99!!!! I couldnt resist :lol :D

Spwn

If you have problem with Steam (Service is temporarily unavailable) then delete the ClientRegistry.blob from the Steam folder.

60% of the time it works every time.

Twig

Banned
Spwn said:
If you have problem with Steam (Service is temporarily unavailable) then delete the ClientRegistry.blob from the Steam folder.

60% of the time it works every time.
IT WORKS EVERY TIME 60% OF THE EVERY TIME IT WORKS 60% OF THE TIME EVERY TIME 60%

(sorry i just found the wording amusing)

Trouble

Banned
The hell, Steam? It says the L4D2 deal is good until 4PM PDT, but it's showing full price now for me.

I guess they probably saved me $25. I was on the fence.

Roofy said:
How did you managed to run up a bill that high? :lol

Jeez, buy games that are on sale. Take part in the discounted 4-packs that are given an additional 10% discount before the game ships.

And buy 'complete' packs when available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom