• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMACOMPUTA said:
For anyone wondering --
For my crysis warhead problem with borders and switching to 50hz,
Changing to 50 hz in CCC and setting overscan/ thenswitching back to 60hz fixed it!
Thanks!
Nice, good to hear. It's really kind of stupid how ATI has it set up -- they should either keep your overscan settings for every refresh rate, or at least explicitly tell you how it works. Dealing with overscan has been my biggest frustration with ATI's drivers/hardware.

Morokh said:
Mhh Borderlands 50% off .... Really tempted :D

Any chance 2k games will make a GOTY edition with all the DLC ? or should I jump right in ?

Depends if the $25 price plus the DLC is less than $50, which a GOTY w/ DLC version will likely be priced at. And the DLC will probably go on sale at some point as well..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Morokh said:
Mhh Borderlands 50% off .... Really tempted :D

Any chance 2k games will make a GOTY edition with all the DLC ? or should I jump right in ?

The only DLC worth getting is the last one.

You could get the game for $24.99 + $9.99 for the DLC and it would still be a decent deal.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Kodiak said:
Really thinking about borderlands, but it would cut a chunk out of my ipad fund. HMMMM.
Spend it, and then start a Courier fund.
Of money and prayers for release.

Haeleos said:
Papa needs a Witcher sale this week. Patching the non-EE version is annoying. Make it so, Valve!

You should have gotten it on impulse last week.

I know, I know, unified steam library for the win and all that jazz.

IMACOMPUTA

rohlfinator said:
Nice, good to hear. It's really kind of stupid how ATI has it set up -- they should either keep your overscan settings for every refresh rate, or at least explicitly tell you how it works. Dealing with overscan has been my biggest frustration with ATI's drivers/hardware.

Yeah, definitely. The fact that i had to post on a message board to figure it out is ridiculous.. considering it's something that is pretty much bound to happen sooner or later.

Roofy

Kulock said:
Well, $75/4, so $18.75 apiece, plus Paypal fees, so I think around $19.50 or so.

hmm well i want the DLC also, and consiering this is a double dip

i think im going to wait for a GOTY edition

kswiston

So I have a copy of Bioshock and a copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that were gifted to people months ago, but were never claimed. I figure 2-3 months is long enough to wait for someone to claim their gift. Therefore, the first person to ask for me either game can have them (pick one or the other. you can't have both). Try not to call dibs on something unless you actually plan on playing it though. Community courtesy and all of that.

Post your reply in this thread and if you see that no one beat you to the game you requested, send me a PM with your steam email.

Mount & Blade: Warband is really one of the best sandbox games ever. Unpolished as h-ll perhaps, but still better than all those games where you can´t do anything else besides drive around and kill innocent people. Here you have real choices, character development and a living game world.

kswiston said:
So I have a copy of Bioshock and a copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that were gifted to people months ago, but were never claimed. I figure 2-3 months is long enough to wait for someone to claim their gift. Therefore, the first person to ask for me either game can have them (pick one or the other. you can't have both). Try not to call dibs on something unless you actually plan on playing it though. Community courtesy and all of that.

Post your reply in this thread and if you see that no one beat you to the game you requested, send me a PM with your steam email.

Would love Bioshock if still available.

kswiston said:

I'll take Stalker. :D

Roofy said:
hmm well i want the DLC also, and consiering this is a double dip

i think im going to wait for a GOTY edition

Looks like no one else is interested in a 4-pack, I'll just purchase a solo edition then.

panda21

can get a look at it here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-plain-sight/17-2186/

love the design of this map:

2vcud08.jpg

panda21

this is pretty damn fun

easy enough to get in a game even though there arent too many servers yet. has player dedicated servers too afaik.

feels good, kind of like mario galaxy but without having to worry so much about where you land so you can really go nuts :lol

I'm up for hosting or joining a Plain Sight 4 pack if anyone else is interested. I hosted a Borderlands pack back on release, so I won't steal your money :D

Peronthious said:
I'm up for hosting or joining a Plain Sight 4 pack if anyone else is interested. I hosted a Borderlands pack back on release, so I won't steal your money :D
Four pack works out to about $7.50, right? I'd be in if you get one set up. Just PM me. :lol , I'm literally buying this off of how awesome that shot posted above looks.

panda21

Spwn said:
Plain sight is multiplayer only? Bummer... Looks very interesting, but I have no friends. :(

well its a multiplayer online deathmatch game... you can still play offline with bots, or play online with people who aren't your friends.

Lostconfused said:
Ok yeah I am in for a 4pack.
MaritalWheat said:
Four pack works out to about $7.50, right? I'd be in if you get one set up. Just PM me. :lol , I'm literally buying this off of how awesome that shot posted above looks.
ThatGuy said:
I'm also in for a four pack. :D

Cool, if you guys don't mind I can host the pack. I'll send out my paypal via PM and if you can get me $7.50 and your steam name/email I'll gift out the game asap.

Davidion

Davidion said:
Greywolf, Boonoo, Lothars, PMs are going out to you guys right now.

Good news! I bought the pack.

Bad news...still have to get home to distribute it anyhow. But there's the update. :lol

Lothars

Davidion said:
Good news! I bought the pack.

Bad news...still have to get home to distribute it anyhow. But there's the update. :lol

Good to hear, I sent you the money as well

Edit: Thanks for doing this as well :) it's appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom