• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peronthious said:
Cool, if you guys don't mind I can host the pack. I'll send out my paypal via PM and if you can get me $7.50 and your steam name/email I'll gift out the game asap.
:lol I'm pretty sure you bought that and gifted it faster than it usually takes me to buy stuff myself, taking into account the minutes I hover over 'buy' and think "fuck you steam, you've robbed me again." Thanks again mang!

MaritalWheat said:
:lol I'm pretty sure you bought that and gifted it faster than it usually takes me to buy stuff myself, taking into account the minutes I hover over 'buy' and think "fuck you steam, you've robbed me again." Thanks again mang!
Yeah this 4pack happened pretty quick. In matter of minutes everybody was happy. Except me, because my PC still isn't working, but hopefully that's going to get resolved this week.

MaritalWheat said:

I did say asap :lol No problem, have fun.

Roofy

damn i focus on class for once this semester and miss out on joining a 4 pack.

im in if anyone else wants to host one

kswiston

I can set up a new Plain Sight 4-pack if people are interested. I have run GAF 4-packs for Bioshock 2 and L4D2, so I have plenty of positive feedback for those worried about that sort of thing.

Minsc

Gold Member
Gexecuter said:
Seems interesting...maybe i'll check it out specially since it's only 5 bucks.

It's actually a really good Match-3 game! Well, relaxing, and cute. The animal upgrading zoo part is what enables different Match-3 power ups.

:shame, turn in the gamer card, etc

kswiston

Once again, I will start another Plain Sight 4-Pack for those who want the game. Works out to $7.50 each.

3 spots currently open

Costanza

Banned
LovingSteam said:
You just can't seem to get someone to take that code off of your hands lol.
I dont get it lol, the game is supposed to be amazing, right? I just don't feel like playing a brick breaker on my TV so I haven't redeemed it

ghst

thanks for the laugh
plain sight is the balls. it sat as a beacon of hope inbetween all the homogenized aaa console slosh at the eurogamer expo, and i spent multiples longer hunched over their modest little lan setup than i did at any of the lavish big name booths.

panda21

wow team deathmatch is cool in plain sight.

does anyone else get complaints about NAT/firewall in the server list? i don't know if its me or the people running the server that is the problem.

x3sphere

I'm in for a plain sight 4 pack as well. PM me with payment details and I will send the funds over.

EDIT: All set, thanks to poweld! :)

poweld

Since kwinston isn't picking up the phone, I bought a 4 pack. First 3 to PM me will get my PayPal info. Please send $8.45, or $7.50 if gifting (it's up to you).

edit: all gone!

Just got out of a couple twenty minute matches of Plain Sight. The game is a blast. It take a bit to get used to; you have to kill enemies to rack up energy, then detonate your character which converts that energy to points and kills people in the radius. I suppose this is there to make up for the relatively simple mechanics of the actual game. If you try and keep racking up kills and piling up energy for a massive explosion, someone could kill you and then all of those kills will be for naught. That these mechanics take place in an environment with nutty physics and gravity coordination make them that much better.

Well worth the $7.50, or even full price at $9.99.

chixdiggit

poweld said:
Since kwinston isn't picking up the phone, I bought a 4 pack. First 3 to PM me will get my PayPal info. Please send $8.45, or $7.50 if gifting (it's up to you).

Thanks again. Transaction was lightning fast.

panda21

Peronthious said:
Just got out of a couple twenty minute matches of Plain Sight. The game is a blast. It take a bit to get used to; you have to kill enemies to rack up energy, then detonate your character which converts that energy to points and kills people in the radius. I suppose this is there to make up for the relatively simple mechanics of the actual game. If you try and keep racking up kills and piling up energy for a massive explosion, someone could kill you and then all of those kills will be for naught. That these mechanics take place in an environment with nutty physics and gravity coordination make them that much better.

Well worth the $7.50, or even full price at $9.99.

i love that you grow bigger and bigger as you get energy too, you can end up enormous. plus i think you steal all of someones built up energy when you kill them, so when you get lots everyone will be out to get you. i think you get a multiplier as well though as you build them up so you can't just explode every time you kill someone (well you could but thats not necessarily the best strategy).

i do wonder if it couldnt do with some slightly more complicated mechanics in the combat, but maybe there is more to it once you get good

kswiston

poweld said:

edit: 2 remaining

Sorry guys, I had work related stuff come up and was away from the PC for a couple hours. What is the status on the 4-packs? Poweld, does your group still have 2 free spots? I will still start another pack if needed, but we should fill up your 4-pack first. Doesn't matter to me if I am paying my $7.50 to someone, or buying the pack for others, as long as everyone gets the game.

EDIT: Poweld seems to have filled his 4-pack. Does anyone else want to get in on the game? I will start another 4-pack if people are interested. $7.50 each. This time, I will not disappear for 2 hours.

PM me with your steam account email if you want in.

Messed around with Plain Sight for a bit, and while I'm horrible and have yet to figure out the subtler nuances of combat, just moving through these levels is fun in itself. I'm happy with it.
CTF seems like it'll be a blast, once I get a better at actually killing dudes.

zbarron

I got Plain Sight. It's fun. Have any of you figured out how to force AA yet? I have tried every compatibility mode in Nhancer.

Gexecuter said:
Seems interesting...maybe i'll check it out specially since it's only 5 bucks.

Simplz Zoo is pretty neat. Your zoo requires monthly upkeep which determines how many resources you must collect in the match-3 part, the money and building materials you collect in the match-3 part allow you to expand your zoo, and your expanding zoo unlocks more features in the match-3 part. Each half feeds into the other. There's a mostly linear progression through the various animals and buildings, and as far as I can tell there is no way to lose the match-3 part, but the constant unlocking makes it addictive. Definitely worth $5.

Volcynika

Plain Sight seems pretty fun!

I was winning at one point but then somehow after I clashed swords with ghst (at least it looked like it was him) I somehow ended up in first person spectator mode and couldn't get out. :(

chixdiggit

Plain Sight is well worth the money. I played 4 rounds and did pretty good.

I just realized that "Q" and "LShift" are used in the game. You think they would have went over that in the tutorial? Also what is up with SHIFT+TAB not bringing up the Steam overlay?

Davidion

Volcynika said:
Plain Sight seems pretty fun!

I was winning at one point but then somehow after I clashed swords with ghst (at least it looked like it was him) I somehow ended up in first person spectator mode and couldn't get out. :(

The game is great fun, but massively bugged right now. Of the few things I'm noticing:

-Servers dying
-No kill registering
-Achievements randomly not activating
-Steam overlay doesn't work

Once they fix the issues, the game should be a bomb to play. I've already learned to hate gravity in this game, specifically when it pulls your ass down when you're *this* close to getting a goddamn red lock.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
if anyone is finding plain sight frustrating to control (finding a setting suitable on my mx518 was impossible) the dev's have confirmed it's a bug whereby they've set the x value at double the y. patching it out with the first update.

(in the mean time you can correct this if you with some mouse customization software)

GHG

I'm hoping it'll be The Witcher.
Although I'm about to double dip on it in the next week or so anyway just for convinience purposes regardless of whether there's a sale for it or not.

hamchan

Davidion said:
Once they fix the issues, the game should be a bomb to play. I've already learned to hate gravity in this game, specifically when it pulls your ass down when you're *this* close to getting a goddamn red lock.

This game has really confusing gravity and stages. Don't really know if I like it or not.

Davidion

hamchan said:
This game has really confusing gravity and stages. Don't really know if I like it or not.

It's not so much confusing as it is complex. You're trained to be used to a single surface/source of gravity at a time in almost all platforming/shooting games, even Galaxy, for the most part.

Here, you're in proximity to multiple sources of gravity, and as far as senses go you're used to training your eye on a single surface (typically the one in...plain sight) and expect the gravity to hoist you that way. That's where the confusion comes in, when you're either not aware of the closest gravity source or think another surface is and your player gets pulled in a direction you're not expecting. I've had dreams where I've jumped in mid-air and all of a sudden start falling sideways; this kinda feels the same.

panda21

some of the maps are pretty confusing, spiral can get real crazy if you end up spinning around the middle part..

the more conventional shaped ones are a bit easier to get your bearings in.

controls pretty well with the 360 pad since you don't actually need to aim that accurately if anyone is having trouble with the mouse.

someone ought to do an official thread, game deservers more attention than it has got so far..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom