• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Puzzle Bots -- MB-87D4B588A40E0EF3 - Taken by Scipius. 5 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-5268056583A20756 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-D6106FFB4052BD52 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.

t1398364807z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whoa ... I just saw a bunch of Activision stuff on sale on Amazon.

Hell, even Singularity is on sale. Has that ever been on sale?

It was a Daily back in 2011, but every discount since then has just been a general one during larger sale periods.

Ok, so Steam support is pissing me off. I feel like I'm dealing with outsourced IT help that gives standard boilerplate responses and doesn't even try to understand your issue.

And while I'm being pissed off, I want to start loading Dark Souls 2 already, but Direct2Play is screwing people who pre-ordered with them over and lying about it. I don't really think it makes sense for me to try to cancel that pre-order now, so I'm considering buying a second copy from GMG or Nuuvem and then selling my D2P key.

Anyone in here interested in a DS2 key for about $33?

DukeBobby

I've been playing Arkham Origins: Blackgate for about 45 minutes, and it's not been very good, so far.

Does it get better? How are the boss fights?

Yeah, but they did this before in 2012. They skip the Summer Sale, and then do a Humble Bundle. I don't get it.

I actually asked the devs in a reddit thread why they did this

For the Dustforce devs: Why did you not participate in the Steam Summer sale?
Did you know you were going in the HIB at that point and decided not to discount your game before that too much? I know there was a single 50% sale at some point though.

I know this is a cop-out, but, well, there is a good reason that we didn't go on the sale, I just can't say yet. We really wanted to though. It'll make more sense later on.

I don't really think it makes any sense yet, the only reason I can think of is that the Capcom deal was already in place, or they were looking for some kind of publisher and didn't want to "devalue" the game too much beforehand.

M.Steiner

Some leftovers:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lone Survivor -- MB-4DA433F0B6B39E9A - Taken by tylergregg. 8 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-FC785E4157CC3CAD - Taken by DJ Crimson. 1 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-DA3E1E640D5F0AC9 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 6 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-9C6333032EC258C2 - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-F79AFC95FB87A126 - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-5EC9F110A98DE168 - Taken by Berlok. 1 entrants total.

t1398365212z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy, a point and click adventure game, is now available for $6.69, a discount of 33% off.

About the Game

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy revolves around two versions of the same prophecy written by Nostradamus. One inspired by the discovery of a strange carved stone, a fragment from a ruin bearing ancestral signs. The other was more straightforward, harm was to come to the royal family.

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy is an historical detective game. The player discovers Renaissance Provence at a time when the plague and religious wars are tearing apart the fabric of society.

Salon, a city located in southern France, falls prey to the terrors of the period. The city is under quarantine and it is here that the player, in the guise of Madeleine de Nostredame, tries to ward off a curse that threatens the royal family.

Following in the footsteps of her father Nostradamus, who was far more than the astrologer that history books talk about, Madeleine must use her knowledge of medicines and drugs, but she must also rely on deduction and intuition.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Puzzle Bots -- MB-2141C10FE22C84EF - Taken by louiedog
VVVVVV -- MB-DC64FE099E00346F - Taken by Darth Kupi - Taken by Darth Kupi
Cave Story Plus -- MB-ACDD3291C5C1AE07 - Taken by Saty
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-C48229CB1EB40BC4 - Taken by Kinky John

Funny how the classic stages in Sonic Generations just make the already bad modern stages seem worse. Did anyone in the dev team even try the boost system and how shitty it is? Otherwise I am enjoying the game despite it running 10 FPS because of nVidia Optimus

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bridge It Plus -- MB-E04FBD69AB2F7BEE - Taken by Saty. 6 entrants total.
GT Legends -- MB-E4A306F610303212 - Taken by TheSeks. 9 entrants total.
SKYSCRAPER SIMULATOR -- MB-A00C99AAD5370350 - Taken by zeroOman. 11 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended Edition -- MB-ACE4893A4F11A119 - Taken by Sammichu. 5 entrants total.
Ride em Low -- MB-96273A1AAAA06D89 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
RACE On -- MB-9FE862E4AA5FEE1C - Taken by Mugatu. 2 entrants total.

t1398375562z1.png

I was in the mood to give Spore a try and it seems fun but why is that game loked at 30fps?

I googled and didn't find a solution, so was there never a way to unlock the framerate?
That would suck... (the tearing really bothers me)

mrgone

Funny how the classic stages in Sonic Generations just make the already bad modern stages seem worse. Did anyone in the dev team even try the boost system and how shitty it is? Otherwise I am enjoying the game despite it running 10 FPS because of nVidia Optimus

Trying to put yourself into the minds of the people who make Sonic games is the truest path to madness. :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some Humble Bundle games I already have or don't want. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Element4l -- MB-494E7FB879DF62A9 - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 24 entrants total.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-072AB9806EC1B9B8 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-49CA168C947FAAAF - Taken by rookiejet. 15 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-342D26DCD5D60E94 - Taken by Alduin. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-1C1B748E3596D951 - Taken by EdmondD. 10 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-D08066C9243E0F14
Cave Story Plus -- MB-F36DC572FF1A5191 - Taken by pahamrick. 3 entrants total.

t1398375878z1.png

What's your issue?

With Steam or with D2P and Dark Souls II?

Steam:
It's the Stormrise OEM subscription problem -- people who bought these keys have the OEM app for Stormrise on their account and cannot contact Valve's key servers to get a GFWL key automatically. JaseC, myself, and at least 1 other SteamGAFer (sorry dude, forgot your name momentarily) are affected by this.

Currently trying to get Steam support to fix the issue as SEGA has told me, and I'm paraphrasing, to "fuck off, we won't generate you a key for the proper app ID" and GameStop is telling me "fuck off, you redeemed the key."

Why I'm irritated is the first response was "it's third party, contact SEGA". I replied and patiently explained (again) that I already had -- as well as GameStop -- and that I thought Steam support was best equipped to help me at this point so I was pursuing it through them. Particularly since the 3rd party support page says Valve support will help you with issues *related to Steam authentication or CD Keys after the game has loaded.*

Their response to this was "oh, it's a GFWL problem? go bother GFWL support."
I had to craft another response to say "Not exactly, the problem is I was granted ownership of the wrong app and Steam support can easily fix this by adding the retail version of the app to my account."

I would probably get better results from slamming my head into a brick wall until I was thoroughly concussed at this point.

D2P:
Their product page for Dark Souls 2 pre-orders indicates that keys will be given prior to the game's release. I noticed that they had responded to other questions in the comments indicating that they would "release the keys as soon as the publisher told them it was okay to do so." So I opened a support ticket about this when GMG and Nuuvem doled out their keys for pre-orders and asked when I could expect them to do the same. I got a response claiming that "the publisher does not want us to release the keys before the release date. Sorry." This morning when the Steam unlock time officially shifted to 6pm EDT, I further commented on my ticket stating that the game unlocked in <7 hours and I would like my key so I could start preloading. They have not yet responded and I do not have my key.

Grief.exe

How does the backup tool on Steam work?

Can you backup F2P games, then if they are every removed from Steam, add them back to your account?

Well, there are still 3 hours before the game is officially released. Hopefully, your key is coming before then!

Doubt it -- they're aiming to release "before the 25th" as a "pre-order" like they're not aware of the move up on the release timer.

This is why I'm trying to sell my D2P key to someone who isn't gung ho about starting the game. :\

=======

Apparently the Humble Weekly only wants to give me about 50% of my steam keys. WTF?!

DocSeuss

Aaaand then I won a game. I think this is the first time in... months. I feel vindicated. Happy, even. So thank you!

I really wish I could resolve this job situation so I could just buy the bundle, but whatevs. Not activating it until I get Tropico 5 as game 1000... I should have enough reward stuffs I can get Steam cards from gamestop and get the game essentially for free.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How does the backup tool on Steam work?

Can you backup F2P games, then if they are every removed from Steam, add them back to your account?

As long as you have the app manifest file, the game will display in your library.

Shame.

It's not terrible (although the predator rooms don't work well on a 2d plane), it's just really boring.

It gets worse, actually.

I'm assuming you haven't had a huge trash mob of enemies yet -- where they bunch up and make it so if you're playing on hard you can't see the attacks coming to counter or the game picks the wrong target for you to attack.

The only things the game has going for it are the Batman license, an okay story with some decent cutscenes, and a solid metroidvania element if you can figure out how to read the 3D map.

The_Monk

I was about to post that GT Legends is genuinely great game/simulator BUT it is also nearly 9 years old. I don't know how playable it is without a wheel though, never tried it that way.

Thanks for answering. I do not have a Wheel only a 360 Controller on PC so it might not be a good fit.

Doubt it -- they're aiming to release "before the 25th" as a "pre-order" like they're not aware of the move up on the release timer.

This is why I'm trying to sell my D2P key to someone who isn't gung ho about starting the game. :\

=======

Apparently the Humble Weekly only wants to give me about 50% of my steam keys. WTF?!

Is there still a 25% off at GMG on Dark Souls 2?

Parsnip

Bunch of extras from rumble bumble.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-1058D095E747DB08 - Taken by Vuze
Lone Survivor -- MB-7966A8CC2162D140 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-4A6305E985FBF539 - Taken by Sammichu
Dustforce -- MB-B9CBDF274D8F0A9D - Taken by inm8num2
VVVVVV -- MB-6D8BB86F6B01CD15 - Taken by zeroOman
Cave Story Plus -- MB-787E30834FD03469 - Taken by Deques
LIMBO -- MB-CFD558AD353B1013 - Taken by Mugatu

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I love Soviet stuff so CoH2 is appealing to me, but it being a ludicrous DLC-fest is a big turnoff...

I got this on a whim while walking out of a store once, and it turned out of be one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played.

We used to do all night sessions of this in college.

Forget the single player, just download a save file, unlock everything, grab a couple of controllers and enjoy.

This game is an amazing 4 player experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom