• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014-04-29_23-28-24_zps48952e73.png

I guess this is what we need, but I expect that I won't hear from Humble for months that way.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Unless you obsessively check bug forums for every game before a purchase or just straight up don't buy games, I can confidently say you've bought a game buggier than Prison Architect.

But you bought that game.

And you won't buy Prison Architect, regardless of your interest in it, solely because they were upfront with you about where they are in development, and you've some how misconstrued that as a negative.

"Everything is shitty. Get used to it and learn to deal. Lower your standards."

Whatever, man. I'm done. I don't want to spark this debate. You don't have to respect my position and desire to vote with my wallet. Just don't attack me for it.

rookiejet

Oh, so now there are risks and assumptions of risk. Now both parties are grown adults consenting to alpha. Yet somehow my dismissal of buying alpha games is me being a pedant. OK. Reactions to buying a game sold as "final" and a game sold as "alpha" will be different. And rightfully so. The fact that you're telling me "alpha" doesn't matter is a joke.

There are risks with buying anything with incomplete knowledge. Alpha or not, there's no guarantee you'll get something you'll like, besides trying it yourself beforehand. With an early access, at least, you get an arguably better pre-purchase description of what is in the game, and not marketing copy.

And yes, if you're uniformly dismissing early access, I think you're being a pedant. But you're, ofcourse, free to do so, so don't mind me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I dunno guys, I really think we should stop trying to force him to vote with his wallet.

I mean, fuck, here I am outside his home with a sack of oranges ready to smash his hand against a keyboard until he clicks buy.

I mean damn, we really are the worst.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Joining Escape the Museum are two other similar games also published by Strategy First:

Currently 30% off for $3.49.

About the Game

After narrowly saving and escaping an earthquake struck Museum with her daughter, Susan Anderson is presented with an extremely rare opportunity. One to travel the world, to explore never before seen landscapes, to find some of the greatest unsolved treasures of our time. Follow Susan as she explores, solves, and unearths these centuries old well hidden masterpieces lost in history.

Features:

• 5 Real Unsolved Treasures
  • Unique Geo-Cache side missions

Currently 15% off for $4.24.

About the Game

A young family is invited to visit the newly opened museum in Egypt; while touring the museum they discover a long forgotten tomb of a cursed Pharaoh named Raned. After being separated you now have to play as each character. Help the family reunite, escape this long-lost Egyptian kingdom and discover the story behind the fascinating tomb and treasures that are buried within.

Going to buy Escape the Museum for 47 cents in steam credit and pay the last two cents with paypal. #anarchy #takingthesystemdownfromtheinside

Actually they just re-fixed it for 45% off.

Totally not worth it now.

Edit: 15% off.

And somehow I ended up paying 4.24$ for it. Steam ripped me off.

Can I return it from my inventory?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Trying to download BioShock Infinite, got to 25.1 gigs, now the download is switching aggressively between Starting and Downloading. Network is still registering activity, but the portion of the file that's downloaded does not appear to be going up and the time remaining is going up and down like a yoyo. Ugh.

Edit: Switched servers and restarted Steam, everything working fine now and getting a faster DL speed.

Darkroronoa

Organization is key to finding games to play, so organize instead.

Yes, i think its time, i reached 423 games and i have only 2 categories, the finished ones and the mac versions!

Do both. Play a game, think about what type of game it is, have fun. Then when you are done playing a game put it into a category.

That way would take forever to organize! xD

Just use this to find games to play http://steam-roulette.heroku.com/

This is interesting!

fantomena

Trying to download BioShock Infinite, got to 25.1 gigs, now the download is switching aggressively between Starting and Downloading. Network is still registering activity, but the portion of the file that's downloaded does not appear to be going up and the time remaining is going up and down like a yoyo. Ugh.

Does it say "Disk Busy"?

Nzyme32

Should i play videogames or organize my steam library in categories?

The only reason I don't organise my steam library into categories is because I have this nagging belief that the moment I finish spending a bunch of time doing it, they'll probably announce a whole new client or categories system, so I just keep pushing it a side :p

MUnited83

For you.
"Everything is shitty. Get used to it and learn to deal. Lower your standards."

Whatever, man. I'm done. I don't want to spark this debate. You don't have to respect my position and desire to vote with my wallet. Just don't attack me for it.
The issue here is not really your decision to not support early access games. That is completely fine. Whats not fine, however, is your costant vitriol, the demonization of EA games like they are the worst thing to ever happen, and the rather condescending way you reply to anyone that is fine with and supports EA games. Its also rather funny asking people to not attack you because of your position, yet thats whatyou already done countless times.

liezryou

Anyone have any impressions of consortium? I'm getting bored of WoW already and i think im gunna get back into steam. Just started shadowrun, amazing game!

Turfster

The issue here is not really your decision to not support early access games. That is completely fine. Whats not fine, however, is your costant vitriol, the demonization of EA games like they are the worst thing to ever happen, and the rather condescending way you reply to anyone that is fine and supports EA games

But EA games are pushed by a horrible company and we rea... oh. Right.

Oh. Those Escape the Museum things are published by Scammery First. That explains.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Waiiit... the Humble Bundle Weekly Sale doesn't include Walking Dead 2-19? WTF, Image?

Waiiit... the Humble Bundle Weekly Sale doesn't include Walking Dead 2-19? WTF, Image?

I thought it was kind of odd to go from issue 1>20 but what do I know.

Would have made more sense to go 1>2 or something. At least that way if you kept reading and liked it i'd be more interest in reading the rest. I personally wouldn't read 1 and then jump to 20 and i'm assuming most people are the same way

but then again i've never read the comics(not a big comics guy to begin with) so

Turfster

I thought it was kind of odd to go from issue 1>20 but what do I know.
As stated earlier, 20 is the most recent one and the start of a new major story arc.
Gotta hook as many people as possible, both new fans and old ones, increasing chances of selling 2-19 for 15$ each while the popularity boost from the TV series lasts.

Miguel81

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravity Badgers -- MB-4FA9D3E3111B679F - Taken by factorone
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-369C2A766C667721 - Taken by Saty
Velvet Assassin -- MB-210D895A7A12A02E - Taken by Im a Manatee
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-3ACF5B3FC02FA45A - Taken by Tesseract - Taken by Tesseract
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-A112194FA3B9E1EE - Taken by Iron Badger - Taken by Iron Badger
Ravensword:Shadowlands -- MB-0D0964E6453922F3 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Shadows: Price for Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-1EB736A0A77070F3 - Taken by Evrain
Two Brothers -- MB-9C2E7B8ABC7C9C09 - Taken by trailmix16

Unused games are unloved :(

As stated earlier, 20 is the most recent one and the start of a new major story arc.
Gotta hook as many people as possible, both new fans and old ones, increasing chances of selling 2-19 for 15$ each while the popularity boost from the TV series lasts.

Didn't know that. I'm kind of shocked that they're $15 a pop too but hey if there's a market for it and people buy it then more power to them I guess.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Almost certainly not getting a Steam release, chubigans has explained before that the game's source is damaged in a way that he can't update it with the features he'd like to put into a Steam release and he had intended to remove it from Greenlight as a result.

That is sadly true. Still I have a computer in storage that might have some of the original components of the source code but even if I do have that, going back and changing things will require lots of beta testing, and right now I'm already deep into my next game. I'll have a bigger update later this week/next week on the greenlight page.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the votes and support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom