• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
heard pretty bad things about that rapture thing, which is kind of a pity cos the concept sounds interesting

but i hated dear esther so idk

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday neōtericus vegetabilis!

Lain

A Little Lily Princess
header.jpg

Based on the classic novel A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. A life simulation game of romance and friendship between girls.

In British-controlled India, Sara Crewe was raised like a princess by her doting Papa, always given the best of everything. Now that she is old enough, she must be sent away to boarding school in a foreign land, relying on her love of books and fairytales to help her make friends.

But not all smiles can be trusted, and fortune can turn cold and hard at any moment. What would happen to a little princess if she lost everything?

Choose activities to build Sara's resources and change the direction of the story. Which girl will she form the strongest emotional bond with? Your decisions lead to six possible endings.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yeah happy birthday vegi

you're a cool dude

the biggest complaint i've heard is that walking around is too slow so i dunno
i heard not great things about the story and pacing and generally what you're getting out of it which kind of mirrored my feelings about dear esther

i just want to play tacoma, that's the walking simulator for me

Apparently there's a Dark Souls comic due out on the 20th. (Preview pages and covers @ the link). Looks pretty good.

Dark Souls: The Game
Dark Souls: The Shirts
Dark Souls: The Board Game
Dark Souls: The Comic

I'm just picturing that scene from Spaceballs with all of the Spaceballs merchandise for sale

also there needs to be Dark Souls: The Happy Meal

Teggy

I can't believe you guys will be playing Dark Souls 3 when you could be playing Ratchet & Clank, the Dark Souls of mascot platformers.

Tellaerin

I'm just picturing that scene from Spaceballs with all of the Spaceballs merchandise for sale

Hey, it worked for The Walking Dead! (Hmm... a Telltale Dark Souls adventure game? They did do those for Borderlands and Minecraft...)

Jawmuncher

I want to play the bloodborne card game. Sounded like the resident evil card game. Which is surprisingly in table top simulator.

It didn't feel that different to how bonfires worked.

Bonfires always restock your healing items whereas in demon's you had to deal with the items you had so there was more pressure to not fuck up because there wasn't a bandaid around the corner to help make things easy.

It almost felt like a survival horror at times with the tension of getting through a stage in one shot with what you have on you. That damn tower of latria was terrifying

Adry9

Don't forget about the guides and artbooks

i heard not great things about the story and pacing and generally what you're getting out of it which kind of mirrored my feelings about dear esther

i just want to play tacoma, that's the walking simulator for me

Dear Esther was just a weird...thing. I couldn't put the story together at all from the threads i thought i had of it and when i looked it up online apparently there isn't really a "true" story and there are pieces of story that get mixed up intentionally.

So i guess it was an alright way to spend 60-90 minutes?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-F50DFC57907DB725 - Taken by TheLight
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-F5D258850AEDA3A7 - Taken by Regginator

Playing Mega Man 3 for the first time through the Mega Man Legacy Collection and this shit is messed up. stages are too long, the game runs like ass too often with heavy slowdown even while fighting the robot masters, and they reused all of the MM2 bosses at some point just because?

reading up on the history of it now and it appears to have been a stressful and rush production which totally shows when playing the game, especially so when i finished MM2 about a week ago.

I hope the next few MM games aren't as rough around the edges

also, the only acceptable comic adaptation of dark souls is Berserk

I can't believe you guys will be playing Dark Souls 3 when you could be playing Ratchet & Clank, the Dark Souls of mascot platformers.

I'm getting both, but I'm probably playing Dark Souls first.

If Dark Souls is another disappointment, I'll have Ratchet and Clank to wash the bitter taste out of my mouth. If Dark Souls is fantastic, I won't be thinking "I could be playing Dark Souls" while playing Ratchet and Clank. Win-win.

Between the two, though, I'm probably more hyped for Ratchet and Clank.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dear Esther was just a weird...thing. I couldn't put the story together at all from the threads i thought i had of it and when i looked it up online apparently there isn't really a "true" story and there are pieces of story that get mixed up intentionally.

So i guess it was an alright way to spend 60-90 minutes?
there's a part subjective in how little that game resonated with me but honeslty it just felt tedious and uninteresting.

like it felt like i was playing a really forgettable indie movie

based on the ppl i know that like it like cheesy i'm guessing there's some more meditative aspect to dear esther that completely went over my head and that's fair, i'm not gonna judge it on its own merits cos it's just not my kind of game, i don't like games where i don't feel like an active participant

which is why if i have to like a visual novel i'll like the christine love games and if i like a walking simulator it'll bee gone home.

the reason i love gone home so much is how it delivers its story and takes advantage of being a videogame, which is why i'm excited for tacoma. it's a walking simulator designed by people with ultima heads, which means that the simulation of walking actually feels like gameplay and not just padding in between the story beets. same with hate plus or whatever, if i'm like making a small decision every third line of dialogue then i'll feel good and won't get bored by it

Adry9

there's probably tons more Dark Souls stuff I forgot to list or don't know about
Gotta milk that IP. I'd be pretty dissapointed if From renewed contract with them.

Fuck those. The only person that should be doing a Dark Souls comic is our gaffer Raging Spaniard.
He's really good. I read him on twitter talking about doing some drawings diary for Dark Souls 3. Hopefully he decides to go ahead with it.

redlacs

Any idea why Steam seems to think I have 3 achievements in 0RBITALIS? Shows up only in library view though

Dont know how exactly but the short answer is devs messed up. As soon as you start the game they will unlock for you account (will get time stamps and start to influence your average game completion rate).
I first noticed this with The Battle of Sol (1/17 "unlocked" before you even install).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom