• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Minsc from Baldur's Gate the best companion of all time? I don't have him on my team and I feel an incalcuable loss right now, as though I'm missing everything.
guys, why is gaming inaccessible? or is it only on ff too?

https troubles, basically.

I can't access gaming side at all (as in, the subforum; individual threads are OK), but everything else works fine. Happens on both FF and IE. Haven't tried resetting my router/changing DNS, but short of that I don't think I can fix it on my end.
send help

donny2112

https troubles, basically.

I can't access gaming side at all (as in, the subforum; individual threads are OK), but everything else works fine. Happens on both FF and IE. Haven't tried resetting my router/changing DNS, but short of that I don't think I can fix it on my end.
send help

Google's redirect fails, but it works to just click on the 'Gaming' tab at the top of each page to get to Gaming.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/415480/

So. How many Neptunia games are missing now?

Arthea

Google's redirect fails, but it works to just click on the 'Gaming' tab at the top of each page to get to Gaming.

no, it does not, I wouldn't complain or ask for any info if it was that simple.

I don't think this one even had a beta. They must be pretty confident in themselves at this point.

I hope they won't get too cocky, beta testing still must be done even if they are good at porting.

The tab link doesn't work for me, but I just noticed that going directly to one of the page numbers works... lol. Technology is so weird.

Finally, my eternal
24 hour
exile from gaming-side is over.

Thanks for the link! finally I can see gaming
how you did that again? In case I need to repeat this feat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
one day ill actually finish a Nep game...maybe?

I was actually enjoying the first one, I think. I cant really remember

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of freshVeggie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adventures of Pip -- MB-0AE5704935040380 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 26 entrants total.
A fun retro platformer
Binary Domain Collection -- MB-5D982E505373BE01 - Taken by daydream. 3 entrants total.
One of my favorite TPS of recent time!
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition -- MB-3BC2A318EC070D8C - Taken by Lashley. 21 entrants total.
Your best shot at a good Batman vs. Superman
Shadow Blade: Reload -- MB-0CC6A21E68C755A9 - Taken by Natty1. 19 entrants total.
I hear it's better than new Strider
Rex Rocket -- MB-233912F5558E9FAF - Taken by user237. 9 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-36D226F03AEA648F - Taken by GaussTek. 22 entrants total.
A charming classic
Divekick -- MB-C9BD9DBB2F1396DA - Taken by Cth. 6 entrants total.
Sky Rogue -- MB-9F07A69BFF0B2C87 - Taken by fallout. 21 entrants total.
La-Mulana -- MB-B91856A731E2DFB2 - Taken by data. 9 entrants total.

t1460158276z1.png

mp1990

Banned
So, finally finished Portal for the first time today. Yeah you heard it right, even though I've beaten its sequel several times, never managed to play the first one through its entirety. And it was really cool! It's obviously way more simple than Portal 2, but I think that such straightforwardness goes in its favor. The difficulty ramps up accordingly to the number of mechanics the player has in its hands, and those are presented in a very smooth and natural way, making it a very well paced experience. Also, because it's such a small game, it doesn't have much space for frustration, so you have the constant feeling of making progress, which is pretty cool. GLaDOS is a pretty cool character, there's more of a "T-800 with feelings" aspect in her personality, which lacks on the second game, and the final battle, although not as much of a shock considering I had played its sequel previously, still was pretty awesome, dismantling a robot's consciousness amidst the battle will never lose its appeal. Overall, I thought it was an magnificent experience, and I'm open for selling my first born to a fund a third game in the franchise.

Annubis

Is Minsc from Baldur's Gate the best companion of all time? I don't have him on my team and I feel an incalcuable loss right now, as though I'm missing everything.

We're talking 1 here right? Just grab Jaheira and you're all set.
Don't worry about her shitty husband
he gets what he deserves eventually
Minsc has like 1-2 funny lines and high strength... that's it.

We're talking 1 here right? Just grab Jaheira and you're all set.
Don't worry about her shitty husband
he gets what he deserves eventually
Minsc has like 1-2 funny lines and high strength... that's it.

Low-level spellcasters are such a bummer. And Khalid is even more of a bummer...

Also, I don't understand multiclassing (even after looking it up) so yeah.

Let the caifu wars begin. I still support Minsc. From the first meeting in BG1, you know he's something special.
You don't have to until you're like level 8 or 9. Basically it allows you to start in a new class with a character.

That's dual-classing (as in, starting a new class while preserving your old one; human-only), not multiclassing (which is levelling two specific classes at the same time; non-human only).

It's confusing!

sadblob

Multi-classes level all of them at the same time, and gain the highest Thac0 and saves. For hp, it takes the mean between all of the classes. The big advantage is the versatility, I think the best class is Fighter/Mage, it gets pretty broken on late game

Terra_Ex

Let the caifu wars begin. I still support Minsc. From the first meeting in BG1, you know he's something special.
First time I met Minsc, I remember saying something to him that caused him to go apeshit and attack me, resulting in a duel to the death. I did recruit him on subsequent playthroughs though after learning he wasn't just a random crazy person. There were so many people that want to murder CHARNAME on sight in BG1, it was hard to tell.

hesho

Hell I'm buying this just because of IFI's great job of porting, great customer support, and how well they follow up on their games with patching. Company deserves the money. IFI, Degica, and Arc System Works are just plain awesome when it comes to their products.

100% agree with this. I think IFI is unmatched in its support for their games which is crazy since a lot of other Japanese developers don't care at all about their steam games..

First time I met Minsc, I remember saying something to him that caused him to go apeshit and attack me, resulting in a duel to the death. I did recruit him on subsequent playthroughs though after learning he wasn't just a random crazy person. There were so many people that want to murder CHARNAME on sight in BG1, it was hard to tell.

The sheer number of companions available in BG1 meant they could gate them in unique ways, like optional quests or easy-to-miss recruitment methods. Really cool stuff.
We're alllll dooooomed...

YBnTA9i.png

Too weird.

zkylon

zkylewd
but it's only gaf, that's why it is so baffling. I tried pretty much everything by this point, on one PC gaf doesn't load at all anymore (on one I couldn't access my subs), on another it does, but no gaming. It's nightmare I tell you.

weird

well, i guess u should play some games or something

KingKong

Gungeon is so close to being a good game but its just off in practically every way: movement speed, level design and layout, weapon and item drops. At least most of these things are easy to fix

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gungeon is so close to being a good game but its just off in practically every way: movement speed, level design and layout, weapon and item drops. At least most of these things are easy to fix

You just described the opposite of my experience with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom