• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Jawmuncher

Everything I have seen of Assassin Creed so far doesn't inspire confidence. Then again i'm not big on the series so that isn't helping matters.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Everything I have seen of Assassin Creed so far doesn't inspire confidence. Then again i'm not big on the series so that isn't helping matters.

Doesn't matter - I'll go see it if it's called Assassin's Creed. Hopefully it's not dog shit, but if it is at least then I'll have the right to complain about it.

It's no Doom, huh. The only thing I remember around the PoP movie was the casting debacle.

Sorta hope the AC movie incorporates eagle vision somehow. Or references it outright. (I've never played an AC game, but believe me this reference will fly with audiences.)

Anteater

I swear I saw the PoP film but I don't remember a thing about it, I only remember one sequence and I'm not sure if it was just the trailer

MGSV does Helmets the best. "Oh that's a nice helmet, too bad i'll shoot you right between the eyes."

I forgot that game exists, I'll play through it some day, my friend seems to like it and played it for hundreds of hours

Tellaerin

Anyone here actually gonna see that warcraft movie though? It looks really lame

Never actually played WoW, but I've got a friend who's into it pretty hardcore (don't we all?), so I'll no doubt end up seeing it with him and some of my other friends when it drops. Duncan Jones is directing, and I liked Moon, so hopefully it'll turn out halfway entertaining. Failing that, maybe it'll be terribad and we'll have a good laugh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Huh just found out im not working sunday as I thought I was, which means tomorow is my last day before 2 weeks off work woot.

Actually PC parts in Gunaghua computer market aren't necessarily cheaper than US prices, just that you get a lot to choose from. There are also shops that sell tools for electronic engineering if you're into that kind of things.

Ozium

notice how all the people who can't reach gaming side use IE or FF?

Chrome stays winning.

also stating there are only 3 Neptunia games is like saying there's only 2 Kingdom Hearts games... be real

Annubis

notice how all the people who can't reach gaming side use IE or FF?

Chrome stays winning.

mGNIfek.png

How do I unlock ds3 early
jealous of my pr friends playing it

Delete your PR friends. A real friend would share their code with you. They obviously aren't your friends.

A real friend (with cash, not a broke friend) would also buy Way of the Samurai 3 and 4 for you. A broke friend would tell you to buy them and play that while you wait for DS3 to unlock.

Tellaerin

The next car I buy will be a Ford because of these.
They have earned my respect.

Now I want to see one with Raiden and Doktor from MGR:R.

And now, a question for all you fine ladies and gents.

I think the next "major" game in my backlog that I'll try to tackle is Dark Souls. I'm going in pretty blind - I've done my best to avoid any kind of in-depth discussions of the game because I knew I'd be playing it eventually. So without giving away any spoilers, is there anything that I ought to know before I start playing, other than "take it slow and steady"? (Advice like "never put points in x, it's a total waste", etc., is welcome.)

Doomedfool

I actually like WoW still, but I am going to have to wait for reviews/word of mouth before I consider going to see the movie. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised, but it's a video game movie, so yeah...

DasFool

Now I want to see one with Raiden and Doktor from MGR:R.

And now, a question for all you fine ladies and gents.

I think the next "major" game in my backlog that I'll try to tackle is Dark Souls. I'm going in pretty blind - I've done my best to avoid any kind of in-depth discussions of the game because I knew I'd be playing it eventually. So without giving away any spoilers, is there anything that I ought to know before I start playing, other than "take it slow and steady"? (Advice like "never put points in x, it's a total waste", etc., is welcome.)

- Your starting class really doesn't matter, unless you are planning to min/max. Just choose whatever fits your play style.
- Most stats hit diminishing returns around 40 or so.
- Endurance is absolutely your most important stat. It governs stamina, which is expended whenever you attack, roll, sprint, jump, or block. Get this to 40 first.
- There are four attack stats: strength deals with great axes and clubs, dexterity with katanas and longswords, intelligence with spells and magic weapons, and faith with miracles and divine weapons.
- Don't worry about what to specialize in; most weapons can be attuned to be based off a particular stat. For instance, let's say you find the Uchigatana, a katana weapon that is mostly dexterity based. If you have a faith build, you can enchant it to be a Divine Uchigatana that prioritizes faith over dexterity. Therefore, the best thing to look for in a weapon is its moveset and that is mostly up to your preference.
- However, to wield a weapon, you must meet its default requirements. If you are two-handing a weapon, the strength requirement is reduced to 66% of its original value.
- Never put points into resistance. Your defenses go up with any stat increase and your armor provides the bulk of the defense anyway.
- There are three forms of magic: pyromancy, sorcery, and miracles. Sorcery (intelligence) is offensive, miracles (faith) are defensive, and pyromancy is a bit of a mix. If you are going pure melee, pyromancy is the only way you'll be able to cast spells.
- Some bosses have tails you can cut for unique weapons. If you see a suspicious tail, go for it.
- Even if you aren't raising dexterity, a bow and arrow are handy to have around in case you need to cheese something.
- Explore! The game is very non-linear and there are multiple routes through several areas. If you're stuck somewhere, try going to another place.

yuraya

Movies based off video games don't really mesh together. They've always been lame. Everything with the exception of Silent Hill was complete trash. And even Silent Hill was only like a solid 7 out of 10 type of film. The first RE movie was pretty decent as well.

I don't have high hopes for Warcraft at all. Its budget is very low considering all the cgi they are pushing. It will probably be very bad. They are also very late with it. Should have been made back when WoW was the hottest shit on the block.

Tellaerin

- Your starting class really doesn't matter, unless you are planning to min/max. Just choose whatever fits your play style.
- Most stats hit diminishing returns around 40 or so.
- Endurance is absolutely your most important stat. It governs stamina, which is expended whenever you attack, roll, sprint, jump, or block. Get this to 40 first.
- There are four attack stats: strength deals with great axes and clubs, dexterity with katanas and longswords, intelligence with spells and magic weapons, and faith with miracles and divine weapons.
- Don't worry about what to specialize in; most weapons can be attuned to be based off a particular stat. For instance, let's say you find the Uchigatana, a katana weapon that is mostly dexterity based. If you have a faith build, you can enchant it to be a Divine Uchigatana that prioritizes faith over dexterity. Therefore, the best thing to look for in a weapon is its moveset and that is mostly up to your preference.
- However, to wield a weapon, you must meet its default requirements. If you are two-handing a weapon, the strength requirement is reduced to 66% of its original value.
- Never put points into resistance. Your defenses go up with any stat increase and your armor provides the bulk of the defense anyway.
- There are three forms of magic: pyromancy, sorcery, and miracles. Sorcery (intelligence) is offensive, miracles (faith) are defensive, and pyromancy is a bit of a mix. If you are going pure melee, pyromancy is the only way you'll be able to cast spells.
- Some bosses have tails you can cut for unique weapons. If you see a suspicious tail, go for it.
- Even if you aren't raising dexterity, a bow and arrow are handy to have around in case you need to cheese something.
- Explore! The game is very non-linear and there are multiple routes through several areas. If you're stuck somewhere, try going to another place.

Thanks! This was exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

Coldsun

Banned
Now I'm just waiting to see when they actually send out their keys before I buy from them.

Could just buy from uk gamesplanet and get it even cheaper (more so if you join the steam group mentioned in an earlier post). I received my key almost instantly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom