• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Splinter Cell, Rabbids, Assassin's Creed, etc coming out as movies as well. Not WatchDogs though, that's never coming out. Imagine Party Babyz will come out as a movie before that.

Soulflarz

Banned
hl-2:ep1 was kind of meh

...3 days until my currently insatiable need for a meaningful game at the cost of my GPA is cured.

edit: how bad is sword of asumi and can I suffer through it on stream

zkylon

zkylewd
i went to have dinner at a german restaurant

wth

what kind of grotesque food is this

someone get chariot

how do you people do it

Soulflarz

Banned
i went to have dinner at a german restaurant

wth

what kind of grotesque food is this

someone get chariot

how do you people do it

Some german food is oka-

why would you not just eat italian every day :3
It doesn't even make you fat

okay, sword of asumi time
*orders painkillers for vn hell*
someone buy me huniepop and I'll stream it with voices for my own pain

zkylon

zkylewd
Some german food is oka-

why would you not just eat italian every day :3
It doesn't even make you fat
gotta try new stuff u know

in other news modding communities are the best and worst at the same time

281-2-1460101028.gif

282-0-1460101896.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
okay bad grammar in games bother me
use a period at the end of the sentence, this is a game, not an IM message or a forum post.
you cant stream hunepop on twitch

oh.
Uhm
I'll just...stream somewhere else? idk, we'll make this work.

then comes the wait for the DLC
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can do that. The issue arises with the fact leading into DS3 I have a ton of hw so I can't start anything longer than say, ~8hr to play through, since I'll risk being midgame when ds3 comes out. DLC idc about, since I can do that relatively easily and quickly anyways.

gotta try new stuff u know
I've played VNs before >_<

if you wanna play a VN theres always Zero Escape
atleast it wont make you want to die

If you've ever been in a ZE thread you'd know I adore the series

hell, it was to the point where I got told ZE3 early :p

Soulflarz

Banned
Sword of Asami review
Enjoy being the mary sue of mary sues, except you can fall in love which will lead to you doing nonsensical things. Also, your love choice makes no difference really, since each ending is literally a "guess whodunnit" choice I'm assuming only a few actions in the entire game have any lasting effect whatsoever. A wonderful example of this is the entire "kill or disarm" mechanic. You'd assume killing people in a school has consequences, but it really doesn't. No one so much as questioned as to why a good 8 or so people on campus were killed when I was nowhere to be found. Remember how people complained that in Mass Effect 3 your choices got narrowed down into a few set paths, ignoring everything you did in the game? I kind of get that vibe from this.

Terrible game:
Do not play VNs like this. Also filled with amazing grammatical errors.
My favorites had to be talking about 'miss judging' people or 'a few student', because the writer or editor didn't know the difference between one student and multiple students.

It wasn't even "so bad it was amazing", it just was bland to the point where you'll loathe every minute you waste with it.

Sword of Asami review
Enjoy being the mary sue of mary sues, except you can fall in love which will lead to you doing nonsensical things. Also, your love choice makes no difference really, since each ending is literally a "guess whodunnit" choice I'm assuming only a few actions in the entire game have any lasting effect whatsoever. A wonderful example of this is the entire "kill or disarm" mechanic. You'd assume killing people in a school has consequences, but it really doesn't. No one so much as questioned as to why a good 8 or so people on campus were killed when I was nowhere to be found. Remember how people complained that in Mass Effect 3 your choices got narrowed down into a few set paths, ignoring everything you did in the game? I kind of get that vibe from this.

Terrible game:
My favorites had to be talking about 'miss judging' people or 'a few student', because the writer or editor didn't know the difference between one student and multiple students.

It wasn't even "so bad it was amazing", it just was bland to the point where you'll loathe every minute you waste with it.
bigger Mary Sue than Kirito from SAO?

Soulflarz

Banned
bigger Mary Sue than Kirito from SAO?

No but I used the term because I was reminded of Kirito-ish when I played it

*unless you f'd up and died in the ending

moreso that you have no real character traits that weren't generic and "I'm an assassin feaaar me"

She even messes up once for...character...development
Yeah no
her mess ups doesn't influence her at all and she continues doing the same stuff.

NwcOB9.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Silent Service 2 -- MB-DDD7BE00169B5D24 - Taken by Loptous
Crazy Chicken -- MB-5D5A2E35558DDB57 - Taken by Ben652

Sword of Asami review

Terrible game:

I played through a few games from the same developer that I got from bundles. Most of them follow the same formula. Nonsensical stuff, choices don't really matter except for a few that lead you down a set path, and grammatical errors, especially towards the end of the game.

tmarg

GMG wasn't even that cheap for DS3, why did people order from there?

They always seem to wait till the last minute for preorders.

bakeray

Yeah seems like GMG 8/10 times doesn't give the keys until the day of and everyone still acts surprised, just get it on the B/S/T thread

zkylon

zkylewd
GMG wasn't even that cheap for DS3, why did people order from there?

They always seem to wait till the last minute for preorders.

i had a 27% discount coupon thingie that stacked with the 10% base so i grabbed it fairly cheap

much cheaper than steam at least

Anteater

man some of these bosses take forever to kill in the division, I was just shooting this dude in the head over and over for which felt like half an hour near an ammo box

bjaelke

Most of the bosses have weak spots and you can always improve your damage against them with +enemy armor damage and +damage to elites attributes.

Company X can really, really do a better job of supplying their developers with accurate real time financial info. It's really shitty to say "this is how much you've made so far", so you multiply that number by the percent that is your cut..... and then at the end of the month, go "no wait here are a bunch of other fees that we totally didn't tell you about".

Dark Souls 3 PC vs PS4 Graphics Comparison by Digital Foundry. Might be interesting for those who played the PS4 Beta.

Speaking of AC, how was that Prince of Persia movie? I don't think I ever saw it.
Sadly it was nothing special whether in a good way nor in a bad schlock way :(
Huh just found out im not working sunday as I thought I was, which means tomorow is my last day before 2 weeks off work woot.
You going vacation? I hear Portugal is a beautiful country
:p
For real though, I can imagine you took vacation for Dark Souls 3, haha.
Feels like I'm the only one on trusty old Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom