• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Souls 3 PC 1.03 Patch Vastly Improves Performance In Demanding Areas

http://wccftech.com/dark-souls-3-pc-103-patch-vastly-improves-performance-demanding-areas/

iashy posted this on twitter

such a relief

also from the 10s i watched of the link veggie posted the game seems the same on both platforms

looks really nice

Feels like I'm the only one on trusty old Firefox.
im using firefox too

no issues with chrome but i kind of don't like all my stuff belonging to google lol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-AF0B61B0A6C0F8C7 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-3F742E0E459345BB - Taken by Stall19. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-29A9204A843CD425 - Taken by Last Baron. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-1CC9BC5CB201A3B6 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-C4CA56A0930F0F92 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars X Wing vs TIE Fighter Balance of Power Campaigns -- MB-B82B73EB452ACE5D - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-0CFF2BF62EBB9547 - Taken by I am Error. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars Rebellion -- MB-0F2989D380A4C76F - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.

t1460239039z1.png

Just finished the two Quantum Break videos of Digital Foundry.
Quantum Break: PC vs Xbox One Graphics Comparison
Quantum Break PC Performance: GTX 970 vs R9 390 - What Went Wrong?
Holy smokes, I was not expecting such big issues. Nvidia cards seem to have drawn the shortest of sticks with very bad framepacing. Yikes. Hope Remedy finds a way to fix it. Even locked to 30fps the frametimes kill a pleasant experience. What a damn shame :(
All the bad word of mouth, videos and articles like these, it being Winstore exclusive and UWA, I feel this will not sell well. Just hope that the upper management won't interpret it as "Guess PC players are not interested in Console Exclusives. No need to bring anymore."

Jadax

Just hope that the upper management won't interpret it as "Guess PC players are not interested in Console Exclusives. No need to bring anymore."
Pretty sure no one in their right mind actually thinks that anymore, with the recent push to get previous console exclusives onto PC. There may be a few studios out there that 'feel' PC gaming is dead or whatever, but we all know they're talking out their ass.

Just hope that the upper management won't interpret it as "Guess PC players are not interested in Console Exclusives. No need to bring anymore."

Pretty sure no one in their right mind actually thinks that anymore, with the recent push to get previous console exclusives onto PC. There may be a few studios out there that 'feel' PC gaming is dead or whatever, but we all know they're talking out their ass.

upper management

no one in their right mind

Okay, I'm officially worried.

Uzzy

All the bad word of mouth, videos and articles like these, it being Winstore exclusive and UWA, I feel this will not sell well. Just hope that the upper management won't interpret it as "Guess PC players are not interested in Console Exclusives. No need to bring anymore."

Losing the Microsoft published console exclusives in exchange for them stopping trying to kill PC gaming would be a more than acceptable price.

Ooo Viridi looks pretty comfy. So that's a planting sim where you take care of a plant? How is it?

Viridi is very relaxing. You start choosing a vase and a start set of seeds, you basically plant and water them. While I don't think the growth occurs in real time, you need to water the plants every day and grows even with the game closed, so if much time pass and you forget to take care your plants will die but there is a mode to pause the time passing if you're traveling or just too busy to play games. Once per week you can get a free seed.

Hektor

What keyboards are ya'll using? I'm about to buy a new one and might need some recommandations.

- Mechanical
- Wired
- No giant waste of space things
- No lights or similar nonsense

Is what's important for me.

What keyboards are ya'll using? I'm about to buy a new one and might need some recommandations.

- Mechanical
- Wired

Vanilla Cherry keyboard, I forgot my own model.

Edit: It was MX-Board 2.0

- Mechanical
- Wired

Das Keyboard 4 Professional with the Brown switches. Love it. Very professional looking, the media controls in the upper right work fantastically, and the switches & keys feel fantastic.

How can they fix it if they don't think any of the reported issues with the port are real?
Say waaa. But there is scientific evidence!
3.) Tom Clancy's The Division - (694,362 ±19,796)
Wow at Division.

- Mechanical
- Wired

Packard Bell KUF0601 The media hotkeys are awesome when listening to music while playing.

Grief.exe

Dark Souls 3 PC vs PS4 Graphics Comparison by Digital Foundry. Might be interesting for those who played the PS4 Beta.

Dark Souls 3 is gorgeous.

I love that <25% speed section to contrast the framerwte differences.

On the one hand I am glad Xcom 2 did so well because it is really good. On the other hand Firaxis doesn't deserve this with how messy the game runs and their support was not great.

They are still supporting the game going forward, I would assume performance will improve until evidence proves otherwise.

Chucker

What a damn shame :(

I really hope this doesn't pull an Alan Wake. I really enjoyed my time with it (on XBO), and it's left open for more, so I hope it's not dead in the water.

Lain

- Mechanical
- Wired

Logitech K200, because I'm cheap. Otherwise I'd use that Logitech one that comes with a free copy of the division.

Not even 1 million seller on that list? Let's pack it up and go home, PC gaming is doomed.

Deques

- Mechanical
- Wired

Using Steelseries Apex RAW

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
DS3 looks good but I can't help but think it would look a lot better if we focused on PC first. Still, though. I'm excited.

Dark Souls 3 is gorgeous.

I love that <25% speed section to contrast the framerwte differences.
I'm very happy to hear that From has just patched the game for very good PC performance.
Which is a bit weird to call it a patch since the game is not out on PC, so it's not a patch but the vanilla game? >_<
Dark Souls 3 PC 1.03 Patch Vastly Improves Performance In Demanding Areas

http://wccftech.com/dark-souls-3-pc-103-patch-vastly-improves-performance-demanding-areas/

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I am at my first Spring in Stardew and I think I've had my fill. Fun game but a little too dull for me right now. If I had the ability to explore more, I'd be happy. I'll pick it up again later, I'm sure.

Anteater

so tired... been duoing with a friend in the division, at lvl21 now.

Looks like my friend enjoys it quite a bit, it's been awhile since I see him stay up late playing video game.

The enemies are a bit spongey since it's mostly a shooter with rpg elements, especially if you're behind in levels, I don't mind it, I quite enjoyed some of the level designs since it uses vertical space sometimes, some areas kind of suck when it's small but it gives you some room to move around and strategize where to put your turret and how to deal with enemy swarms, so I enjoy that aspect quite a bit and I think it's fun if you move around a lot and use the space if the map allows it, but sometimes the mission design can be quite repetitive, where you defend a dude and you have enemies spawning from the left, and another horde spawns from the right and repeat x 2, and while I get it's a loot game, I've never been a fan of inventory management where you go through like 20 pieces of equipment you pick up every half an hour, so that's kind of tiring after a while since the equipment sometimes don't last for more than a mission.

Anyway, probably going to stick with it.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GabeN The Final Decision -- MB-80C72B8022CF39A5 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Kraven Manor -- MB-E119A9CE4E9ADB7A - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 1 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-4702220DE9F9CCB1 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1460209581z1.png

Eh, they can't not be aware. They are in a rough spot though and we don't know how much time they got from MS to port it. Remedy usually is good on PC I think, so I'm optimistic they'll patch some stuff. Not sure how much the nature of Winstore/UWA affects the performance though. 60fps for a shooter would be pretty great but at least stable out the frametimes. Otherwise even at 30 it's gonna be difficult. I encountered that issue a couple times and boy, that stuff is no joke.
Wow, Linux?! Crazy and interesting news.

Ludens

Banned
I find hilarious the fact Dark Souls 3 didn't release yet and there are several patches already, including an outdated day one patch now useless.

Deitus

DS3 looks good but I can't help but think it would look a lot better if we focused on PC first. Still, though. I'm excited.

It's nice to want things.

But really, visually speaking, From Software games live and die on their art design not their technical prowess. Their engines are competent (most of the time), but they aren't exactly on the cutting edge of visual technology and they never have been.

If they were to suddenly focus on PC development primarily, you'd probably get games running a bit smoother, and maybe a few more options for PC enthusiasts, but the games would still look about the same.

But if they made a game exclusive to PC for instance, they would be losing out on a lot of console game sales (and the entire Japanese market), so they would have even less budget to make the next game. I think their current focus is right for where they are as a company, especially know that they are giving proper attention to the PC market. We now get the games on the same day as the consoles do, with a lot of work put into making a quality port, and many (but not all) of the expected PC graphics options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom