• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Probably old but Hex is on the store now with a april release date

I totally eliminated the pop-ins in Rage

is such a thing even possible?

Yes it is!

Game looks so god damn pretty
Hnng, those are sweet shots. Assume GeDoSaTo for HUDless?
I stopped playing after 7hrs when the missions became to samey without much story progress. The first-person shooting is nice though and I was not in the mood for gaming in general back then. I should give it another try.
I really wanted AMD to have HBM2 out by this year. It's going to test my patience so much to wait for HBM2 on AMD in 2017.

Alternatively, I seriously hope nVidia adopts FreeSync (Adaptive Sync) and then I can just buy nVidia's next card.
Take it with a grain of salt but according to this "leak" (http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gp104-gpu-leaked/) the 1070/1080 will use GDDR5 not GDDR5X. I don't know about the believability though.

tuxfool

Banned
Hnng, those are sweet shots. Assume GeDoSaTo for HUDless?
I stopped playing after 7hrs when the missions became to samey without much story progress. The first-person shooting is nice though and I was not in the mood for gaming in general back then. I should give it another try.

Take it with a grain of salt but according to this "leak" (http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gp104-gpu-leaked/) the 1070/1080 will use GDDR5 not GDDR5X. I don't know about the believability though.

Unreliable as fuck. But in this particular case it may be possible, but there are too many unknowns. GDDR5X requires a new memory controller design and the spec was only finalized this year, well after the gpu manufacturers were designing the soon to be released iterations.

One has to remember that these designs have years long lead-in.

Anteater

Calling Rage pretty and not adding a pic of Loosum Hagar? Doing it wrong, man.

is that the chick who taught you how to throw a boomerang?

I didn't take a picture of her specifically, but she's in one of my pics!

rage_2016_04_10_01_24afjsn.jpg

moar screenshots!

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Chronoclysm -- MB-AEF975B4946453CE - Taken by r3n4ud
Incitement 3 -- MB-D03A787AF2667148 - Taken by voodooray

I think it still works when you just cancel and resubscribe.

We'll have to see. I have a couple of coupons from earlier bundles which offer 10% off the monthly, but the newest one I got specifically stated it was for new subscribers only. And when I open my coupon page on the Humble I can't see this new one listed at all, which I'm interpreting as the coupon not being valid for my account (as a lapsed subscriber).

r3n4ud

Here's hoping there's no drama this time. I picked a three hour raffle for this one instead on a fifteen minute one to give more folks a chance to enter. Anyways, if you don't have this game already, for shame. It's awesomesauce.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enter the Gungeon -- MB-37105044AB38E1CA - Taken by dave is ok. 59 entrants total.

t1460237421z1.png

Here's hoping there's no drama this time. I picked a three hour raffle for this one instead on a fifteen minute one to give more folks a chance to enter. Anyways, if you don't have this game already, for shame. It's awesomesauce.

I predict that an unknown junior member who recently joined GAF in the last 3 days will win.

Tizoc

OK am I the only one getting some weird eye/head pains from playing Hyper Light Drifter? Also everything is trying to kill me oi...

Soulflarz

Banned
Now to do homework a week in advance and such

Any time I spend doing homework next week is time I could be playing DS3
As such I plan to do homework the next 3 days straight, roughly.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Long time no see steamgaf, well not really but I've almost stopped posting.

Just wanted to jump in here and say that gungeon is like by far the most fun Rougelite I've played, you should really join the giveaway by r3n4ud.
If you end up not winning it you should try to pick it up, it's pretty cheap and really good.
By far worth the money they charge for it.

Also did the swedish version of SAT/ACT and got surprisingly high results, enough to get into the university I want with a pretty big margin! :)

Nzyme32

Long time no see steamgaf, well not really but I've almost stopped posting.

Just wanted to jump in here and say that gungeon is like by far the most fun Rougelite I've played, you should really join the giveaway by r3n4ud.
If you end up not winning it you should try to pick it up, it's pretty cheap and really good.
By far worth the money they charge for it.

Also did the swedish version of SAT/ACT and got surprisingly high results, enough to get into the university I want with a pretty big margin! :)

I just bought it the other day. Tons of fun after possibly burning myself out of Binding of Isaac. It's a great mix of other "roguelites" and it's own little twists.

Chariot

Sorry to ask that, but has anyone some Dirty Bomb Code from a past Humble Bundle lying around that he isn't in need of?

Unai

I'm having so many problems with GAF.

At the workshop, I can't access it with Safari on Mac. And here at home, the webpage starts blinking like crazy, AND the whole page can disappear. What the heck happened?

You must have being installing some mods in your games, have you not?!
/s

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Is rage a good game ? Really need a shooter after wolfie.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of r3n4ud, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enter the Gungeon -- MB-37105044AB38E1CA - Taken by dave is ok. 59 entrants total.

t1460237421z1.png

enter the gungeon isn't grabbing me as much as i thought it would.

I loved crypt of the necrodancer and binding of isaac but gungeon feels a bit more... slower i guess is the word?

I've only put in 2 hours so that's probably why. let's hope so

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
당신이 충분히 열심히 시도하는 경우에 당신은 무엇이든 할 수.

I know you are you said you are so what am I.

Is rage a good game ? Really need a shooter after wolfie.

So-so game, great shooter. I should play through the DLC one day.

Edit: Oh, and when you find the game's BFG equivalent, don't bother saving it for the final boss. There isn't one.

JaseC

Any shooters you could recommend:D

Outside of the obvious mentions such as Wolf14 and its expansion, Singularity and Wolf09 are also fairly solid if you're chasing classicesque FPS gameplay. (RIP Raven. :() The former is still on Steam, but you'd have to resort to chasing down a physical copy for the latter as Bethesda refuses to put it back up on Steam.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Outside of the obvious mentions such as Wolf14 and its expansion, Singularity and Wolf09 are also fairly solid if you're chasing classicesque FPS gameplay. (RIP Raven. :() The former is still on Steam, but you'd have to resort to chasing down a physical copy for the latter as Bethesda refuses to put it back up on Steam.

Played wolf09 but not singularity i check that out. Any other :D

Ludens

Banned
Wow, the AI in Hitman is really bad. I mean, I can understand you want make a game easier, but even compared to Blood Money on Easy the AI is really dumb. You can run, nobody cares, you can poison a drink in front of other people, who cares. The only "problem" are guards with the same uniform, but they are so slow on acting there's not really danger.

JaseC

Played wolf09 but not singularity i check that out. Any other :D

Off the top of my head:

- The first half of Crysis and Crysis Warhead are good fun (both campaigns are later soured if not outright ruined by the alien presence)
- Riddick is held in high regard, however I've never played the game myself (it's not on the Steam Store but GameStop sells keys)
- If you haven't played Half-Life in a long time, Black Mesa Source was well received by fans, although it still lacks Xen for the time being

I have a soft spot for Far Cry 2, but it's very much a "love it or hate it" game... plus my opinion may be influenced by my love for just about anything Ubisoft. ;)

Edit: Oh, and FEAR and Bulletstorm, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom