• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammichu

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sammichu:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Circuits -- MB-09A101376C929D6C - Taken by Capt.Haddock
Go Home Dinosaurs! -- MB-5C5494DFA93776F6 - Taken by NingenJanai

Someone bought a Dreadout phone emoticon from me for two dollars. Should go through and see how many emoticons I have of worth, most are completely unusable except in self-created scenarios.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Morning, reposting for my European friends and because Gaben is a sexy man

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Any game of your choice from the Steam Store -- MB-C0DF2B868EDF9B09 - Taken by Wok. 105 entrants total.

t1407350862z1.png

That's right I will gift the winner his top wishlisted game or whatever game he wishes for. From Galactic Civilizations III to Bad Rats. Price doesn't matter. Some extra rules

-I will not buy any software or ridiculously priced stuff (Train Simulator DLCs for example)
-I will not buy any removed games that require searching for copies on trading sites
-If you want a game that doesn't have a store page yet (GTA V,Evil Within etc), it's ok. I will gift it to you the moment it's available on Steam

Don't be afraid to ask for something that may be expensive. Just be sure that it is something you really want and plan to play. There is a reason I'm doing the giveaway this way

Enco

Gaf being slow tho

I can't wait for the inevitable complete Steam UI redesign/overhaul. Likewise for GOG Galaxy.
Agreed.

Gonna be exciting.

Is there any news or info on the Steam redesign?

Skins make it a lot better but would be nice to see something from Valve.

We already know Valve have a solution planned for that, which indies privy to it liked, Valve are just sitting on it (leaving people with speculation and frustration).

Nabs

I'm guessing a youtube personality picked up SpeedRunners this week? It's sitting in the top 30-40, and had it's peak concurrent last night. Yo, GAF, we're playing tonight.

Tellaerin

You could even take the progress bar out of the hands of the developers and put it in the hands of the gamers, Hodgetts suggests. Each customer could click on the bar, indicating where they thing the game is in development. Steam could work its magic and almost crowdsource the result everyone sees.

Anyone who's suffered through the community voting at sale time knows all about the "magic" that happens when you leave things up to the Steam community. I'm not sure I trust them to collectively provide an accurate assessment of... well, anything. :s

Nope, not one thing, just speculation.

Is there any news or info on the Steam redesign?

Skins make it a lot better but would be nice to see something from Valve.

I don't expect a redesign with a good and modern interface, unless it somehow makes Valve more money. Same with the Steam mobile apps that have been left to rot. At least the iOS app has been redesigned after iOS 7, but the Android app still looks like something from 2009. Not to mention the lack of functionality.

Enco

Nope, not one thing, just speculation.

I don't expect a redesign with a good and modern interface, unless it somehow makes Valve more money. Same with the Steam mobile apps that have been left to rot. At least the iOS app has been redesigned after iOS 7, but the Android app still looks like something from 2009. Not to mention the lack of functionality.
True.

The iOS app is still shit. You're right about the money thing. Other businesses are happy to redesign services to give something fresh. Valve ain't about that life.

It's optimistic to expect a new design. I hope one comes though. They're more focused on Big Picture since they'll use that on Steam Boxes (which I think will be a bomba).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I believe that Valve will roll out another overhaul circa the stable release of SteamOS/the first Steam Machines.

I believe that Valve will roll out another overhaul circa the stable release of SteamOS/the first Steam Machines.

That would obviously make sense, but what you're talking about might be another 2 years away.

Or as ashecitism posted it so nicely in the Source 2 thread:

And the saddest part about this is that Valve might "get away with this". It's truly incredible how they own the biggest PC digital distribution storefront and how equally bad they are about the Steam user experience. I don't even want to know what developers have to go through (actually, I do want to know that).

Lain

Got some scars, but I'm back. :)

Welcome back!

---

So Sacred 3 got cards yesterday (because no cards dropped for me while playing but the first game iDLEM@STER got for me when I started it this morning was a Sacred 3 card)? Wish it had them from release, so I would have already got all the drops by now.

JaseC

That would obviously make sense, but what you're talking about might be another 2 years away.

I'll be rather surprised if either skip 2015. I think the biggest weight is the controller, which has gone through dozens of iterations since the beta began -- which is a good thing, in its own way.

Tellaerin

Let's just say Quake II engine wasn't ever meant to drive an RPG.
Whole game was constantly creaking at the seams. Still was an enjoyable experience, but for god's sake, save early, save often.

Is the Steam version fully patched? I didn't have any crashes or stability issues back when I played it (retail CD), but I installed the official and community patches beforehand. The version up on GOG is prepatched, apparently.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Got a perfect day in Cook, Serve, Delicious! It's easy to see the potential for a minor addiction in this game :)

Pasta meals are the worst though

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just curious. Is Playfire still doing H2H and specials for newly released games? Looks like they toned down their rewards a lot.

Grief.exe

Is Anachronox long? I think I did a BIG mistake: basically, I've only LONG rpgs to play (excluding a few platformer/point and click adventures).
I have:
-Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
-Icewind Dale 1 and 2
-Anachronox
-Ultima 1 to 9
-Last Dream

and other I can't remember :S

Jade Empire is the second rpg I beat during 15 days :S

Helpful site for this is how long to beat

Vuze

GermanGAF rejoice, Dead Rising 3 has been freed from its shackles.

http://steamdb.info/sub/34736/

for a splitsecond I thought they had re-introduced the lock just reading about DR3 and steamdb lol

But yes, I was happy to see the change yesterday. So much for "the only solution for Germany", "becuz lawyers" and "becuz German penal code". Let's hope they don't come up with some other bs until release.

i just logged on playfire and i have 12.35€ in my balance even though the counter says 0€ earned to date

i don't know what's going on

edit : and my killer is dead achievements aren't taken into account even though i 100%ed it D:

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
0C6CBDF27BFD1779B0586926F426025C6C789BE5

Wonder if I'll ever get close to this level. Looks pretty insane for a 5 menu pieces scrub

JaseC

Is it possible to check how many games you have given away with modbot?

Send a PM with the subject my loot and whatever you want in the body. My full loot will generate a full list of the games you've given away and their respective recipients, but you won't receive a PM if the list exceeds the character limit.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Have you ever played either?
Nope!

Toss a coin. You can't go wrong either way, although FEAR is roughly half the length of RE4, if it matters.
Good to keep in mind.

Play like FEAR 1 up to the office area because at that point you have seen all the game has to offer and then move on to RE4 which you should play to the end because it's a game with actual variety.
Thanks, but I like finishing games as much as I can. :D

I think I'll start with FEAR 1. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom