• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

You're still Jawmuncherc on my screen.

EDIT: You have always been Jawmuncherc to me. Were you Jawmunherc before?

No I've never been Jawmuncherc. I wonder if its because muncher is a bad word on steam. The c was never there though.

But your GAF username is Jawmuncherc

GGF8u9m.png

That's not even funny.

Turfster

Codemasters Sale at GetGamesGo, everything 75% off:
  • Damnation
  • Dirt 3
  • F1 2010
  • F1 2011
  • F1 2012
  • F1 2013
  • F1 2013 Classic
  • F1 Race Stars
  • Fuel (No longer on the Steam storefront)
  • Grid
  • Grid 2
  • Hospital Tycoon
  • Maelstrom
  • Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Flashpoint: Red River
  • Overlord
  • Overlord 2
  • Overlord Raising Hell
  • Rise of the Argonauts

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It didn't change my steamurl and my profile page doesn't have the c now. This is way too weird. Guessing it won't update for some people?

What would that c even stand for.

maybe steam is trying to tell you something? ;) you know - JawmuncherC ;)

Jawmuncher

Cretaceous? Or maybe Ceratopsia?

DayC incoming.

I'd go with Ceratopsia if I had to choose one.

Space Hack is free on Steam for 24hours.

D:

But it was made on Paint.net :p

its funny now that I have it figured out

maybe steam is trying to tell you something? ;) you know - JawmuncherC ;)

Valve must really not like me.

---------------------

Killer is dead is like a whole new game after playing it on 360. No screen tearing and 60fps with no drops. So delicious.

Has anything cool released in the past 1-2 months? Last time I asked this question someone recommended van helsing 2 to me which was pretty fun

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I stumbled across this in the Shovel Knight thread and rolled my eyes:

gA0ddq9.png

You released your game 8 months later on Steam with zero hype or interest because all you did was cry about how hard Greenlight was for you (shocker, your game doesn't really stand out in a lineup) and the game itself has one of the ugliest color palettes I have ever seen. No shit it isn't going to make you rich.

Enco

gA0ddq9.png

You released your game 8 months later on Steam with zero hype or interest because all you did was cry about how hard Greenlight was for you (shocker, your game doesn't really stand out in a lineup) and the game itself has one of the ugliest color palettes I have ever seen. No shit it isn't going to make you rich.
ss_180dbb120d0f8d4924929707bfac2230fb60feca.600x338.jpg

Is this the game?

Generic 2D platformer #10919585?

Not using Edit Source.

Sourcery!

gA0ddq9.png

Didn't Valve also denied his game before Greenlight? Maybe I'm thinking about another game. Though I remember Mutants Mudds struggling to pass the greenlight proccess.

chronomac

gA0ddq9.png

You can't just throw something on Steam, after it's been on the 3DS and Wii U, and expect millions. Shovel Knight had legitimate hype, released on all platforms at basically the same time and, on top of that, it's really damn good.

ss_180dbb120d0f8d4924929707bfac2230fb60feca.600x338.jpg

Is this the game?

Generic 2D platformer #10919585?

Yes.

Lomax

gA0ddq9.png

Not to mention it was bundled both before and after the steam release. And it just doesn't look like a $10 game. Hell, I never even bothered to activate the copy I got from a bundle. He made $5-$10k on it, that's a lot better than most.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

gA0ddq9.png

Additionally, wasn't the game bundled before release? At least once, maybe twice?

StAidan

gA0ddq9.png

I love both retro styled games and pixel art, but I never saw the attraction in Mutant Mudds. I watched some gameplay footage when it came out and it looked boring as heck. Maybe that's why it wasn't successful.

So Valiant Hearts:

I don't have a lot to say about that wouldn't spoil the experience so i'll do my best to break it down. First thing i'd like to add that i think most would appreciate: VH worked really well as a companion piece to the latest run of hardcore history, so if you want something to compliment your experience i'd highly recommend that you dedicate some time to listen to HH around (probably better that you do it before) the time you play VH.

Having to find a way to describe this to a friend, the quickest way i could get across how plays is to imagine if those old 2d Oddworld games were about WWI instead of, well, whatever the hell they're about. You rarely find yourself fighting shooting or doing anything other that trying to not get killed because, let's face it, WWI was a bloody fucking monster of a war.

The game takes an interesting approach to collectables in that they all have historical blurbs about each and every one of them. One of the issues i had with them is that i found myself jamming the A button all of the time because, more often than not, they would either be kinda hard to spot or you would find yourself running from danger and if you don't pick it up while running then you would need to replay the whole section to get it.

Given all of that, i felt like the collectables just as often took me out of the moment as it did adding any atmosphere to the game and i'm not sure they should've had those items in there at all in the end given that result. Last, the same button you often jam to pick up collectables is also your pet-your-dog button and your give-an-item-to-your-dog button, meaning that the game would halt until you were done showing affection for your pup during a just a bit too long (but cute) animation or you would accidentally give him an item and then have to ask for it back. With so many buttons on the controller going unused you'd figure they'd at least make the pick-up button something different.

The story is well told and the presentation of it is most likely inspired by PBS specials, especially some of the Ken Burn's documentaries. I don't wish to get into the story much other than to say that i found myself sighing at the end, both because i was relieved but also saddened by the events played out.

I really dug this game and can safely recommend it to those that are curious. Might be one of most informative 6 hour games you'll ever play and it's enjoyable, to boot.

I love both retro styled games and pixel art, but I never saw the attraction in Mutant Mudds. I watched some gameplay footage when it came out and it looked boring as heck. Maybe that's why it wasn't successful.

I got it for free through ps+ on the vita. Played it for about 15 minutes and found it too sluggish and not really appealing. Just deleted it. If i remember, the game had some buzz for it back in the day when it released on ios, but it might just have been due to that platform not exactly having a lot of quality games coming out during that early ios era.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

gA0ddq9.png

He A dev in a similar position had this to say when asked about the eShop back in April:

He later "apologised" in the GAF thread about the article. Bizarrely, in what was a prime example of why people should leave their emotional attachments to platforms at the door when entering a thread, my post was interpreted as an attempt to "downplay" and be "dismissive" of the game's success on the eShop.

Enco

Welp. Seems like the game was destined to fail.

What was he expecting? Doesn't look like it does anything special. Why would it be a best seller?

Always sad when a game doesn't do well but lets be real. Most wont.

edit: That quote is pretty confusing to me. Saying eShop is great and other communities suck because people are cheap?

He had this to say when asked about the eShop back in April:

He later "apologised" in the GAF thread about the article. Bizarrely, in what was a prime example of why people should leave their emotional attachments to platforms at the door when entering a thread, my post was interpreted as an attempt to "downplay" and be "dismissive" of the game's success on the eShop.

Imageform is the dev behind Steamworld Dig, not Mutant Mudds.

edit: I see now ^^

JaseC

Imageform is the dev behind Steamworld Dig, not Mutant Mudds.

For future reference, "Preview Post" will refresh the list of most recent posts under the post form. Doing this before hitting "Submit Reply" is a good habit to get into.

Fox318

gA0ddq9.png

Was he the dev Patrick Klepek was giving a ton of promotion about greenlight?

Turfster

Man, I'd love to have even 58 sales for my android game, and it looks better to boot! ;)

New Games Republic Devolver Digital Dailies:
  • Hotline Miami 75% off
  • Always Sometimes Monsters 30% off
  • Dungeon Hearts 75% off
  • Foul Play 75% off

JaseC

Lara Croft 2's CE is a game + Season Pass bundle:

Changed name Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Collector's Edition › Lara Croft and the Temple Of Osiris Season Pass Included

Also, Season Pass confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom