• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
personally, i was going to ask for gtav, cause like, i kinda feel like listening to freddie gibbs while driving through the city

BruteUA

Too bad. I just bought a Watch Dogs copy to personaly gift it to you but it seems that I'm going to raffle it here

Pick a game, Speedrunners or something. Sub vs. Frost. Sub wins, Frosty has to accept the Dogs. Sub loses, it gets raffled to the mob. Stream it for our amusement.

Tizoc

Yeah, but I only buy Capcom games at 75% off (as all other games, but Capcom games expecially).

My trend could change if they start to release game I really want on PC (like RE Rebirth :p).

No offense bro, but with a Metal Gear Company avatar, I find it odd you'd only get Capcpom games for 75%, cuz I'm bummed they abandonded the franchises that made Konami such a wonderful company. At least Capcpom's making the AA series.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Pick a game, Speedrunners or something. Sub vs. Frost. Sub wins, Frosty has to accept the Dogs. Sub loses, it gets raffled to the mob. Stream it for our amusement.

I would challenge Frost to an MK match. Too bad the netcode is ass

Lain

I was hoping to get all the girl cards from Sacred 3, instead I got doubles for the Dryad and the Demoness, which made me have to buy the Elf. At least those cards are selling somewhat decently (Dryad sold for 0,15€ so I can't complain for the 0,11€ I spent on the Elf).
Now to either wait on prices dropping or on multiple boosters to get enough cards to make the badge!

Kanokare

Sorry to those who couldn't get on Gilgamesh server for Final Fantasy XIV! From what I've heard the best way to join it would be in the mornings when it's off peak hours. Otherwise I hope you all find a server everyone can go on :D

Tizoc

I would challenge Frost to an MK match. Too bad the netcode is ass

I'd say you challenge him to a 'One Finger Death Punch' screen by screen competition, he how survives the most in a survival round (Best of 3) applies what that dude said.

Sajjaja

Sorry to those who couldn't get on Gilgamesh server for Final Fantasy XIV! From what I've heard the best way to join it would be in the mornings when it's off peak hours. Otherwise I hope you all find a server everyone can go on :D

WELL IM ALREADY ON THERE NOW BUY ME THE GAME PLS K THX I C U ON SERVER.

Deitus

Yeah, I just waited until the morning and I got in fine. It seems like quite a few others managed to get in eventually, though I'm not sure if everyone did.

iosefe

It must be streamed
I can verify the morning thing

Dr Dogg

I'm sure we'd all love to see Frosty's Watch_Dogs webms. Well depending on the compromise of stutter or low ressed and aliasied vids.

Tempted to enter for 3 and 8. I have the digital 8 on my vita. Worth getting the pc if I've never completed it?

Well you get achievements, widescreen support and the 3D models will be rendered much higher resolution. Only minus pointed I'd say is losing the portability of a Vita and messing with the aspect ratio if you display it full screen. I've got 1 through 10 and Tactics on my Vita and apart from the PSP games and FFX I've not really touched the PS One game due to the 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 device. Oh yeah and I can't be bothered to switch to my US account so I'm not lumbered with 50hz, 12% slower and bordered version.

Tellaerin

"And in today's big event, Sub-Zero and Frost will battle it out to determine who is the coolest Speedrunner here in the SteamGAF arena! One combatant will emerge victorious, but Steam fans will be the real winners in this battle for the ages!"

Okay, yeah. They totally have to do this.

Hugstable

Banned

We are all on there now I believe, but I got bummed about there being no way to use tells or party up in the free trial. I'm probably gonna get the game sometime next week just for the free month to explore around the world, it looked beautiful.

Vuze

Oh dear, just noticed this. Guess I'll do this tomorrow.
a3eeecf469.png

In other news, I just played my first round of 100% Orange Juice and it was pretty cool. I fell for the GAF hype and bought it for cheap on the latest groupee bundle.

AsylumX

Oh dear, just noticed this. Guess I'll do this tomorrow.
a3eeecf469.png

In other news, I just played my first round of 100% Orange Juice and it was pretty cool. I fell for the GAF hype and bought it for cheap on the latest groupee bundle.

I thing you had to do that like once in a lifetime... This year I'm sure I sold more than 200 thingies and nothing happened...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
?
What are you talking about? Because I'm really satisfied by Metal Gear Solid 4 and Ground Zeroes.
Yes, I'm sad about the lack of Silent Hill games, but I bought the HD Collection, I already own Homecoming and SH4 (I sold Downpour because was horrible) and I'm happy with this.
I mean, I prefer NO Silent Hill games at all instead of crappy ones.

With Capcom, basically I'm sad about PC gaming. RE5 has GFWL and no DLCs, and I still need to buy it. Instead RE6 and Revelation are very good ports, in fact I own them :)

I have good news:

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

Added this app to a package Resident Evil 5 Dev Comp about 7 hours ago

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

derExperte

Anyone?

It's a legit site according to isthereanydeal, and it's the cheapest at the moment.

Civ 5 is multilanguage, as with all Steam games I know of* it doesn't matter in that regard where you buy.

*edit: Wolfenstein is German only.

Tellaerin

Oh my.

This is kinda how you do cross-promotions, guys.

Yeah, saw that yesterday. I know some people were worried that the Broforce devs might be forced to change some of the Bros for fear of IP infringement (though I think it falls under parody/fair use). Seeing a legit movie cross-promotion like this should hopefully put some of those concerns to rest - looks like folks in Hollywood are aware of the game's existence, and aren't slapping the developers with C&D's or anything.

Dr Dogg

I'll probably stick with the vita. I also here the textures are duller on pc? The overworld. Is that correct?

And how's 3?

Actually I couldn't tell you much more about 8 as I haven't started it yet but someone like Jshackles would be able to give you all the details.

As to 3, I've played a little (as in the brief intro) and it's essentially the iOS version with a few more option to render the game to your system, and Steam features like cards and achievements and so on. I've got the PSP version on my Vita and they are all very similar but the fonts are better on the Steam/iOS version but you can't take the Steam version with you and you have no physical buttons on an iOS device. So really it's all down to your own preference. And now I've just realised I've bought more Final Fantasy games, multiple times over than any series ever.

Jawmuncher

What?! Yes! Back to $5 and now with Steamworks and hopefully the Gold Edition content soon.

If they bring the Gold Edition content. What I could see them doing is a sale before the patch is in place like we saw with SF4 arcade. Then anyone who owns it gets the DLC free while people who haven't bought will need to pay the 19.99 or wait on a sale. Since it will get treated like a new release. At least in my perfect view of capcom this is what happens.

Haunted

There's got to be a system. Usually I'd say "oh, well everyone will go for the top one so I'll pick a different one" but then I think "oh wait, what if everyone's saying that?" and second guess myself. It's worse when they're like this:

Game #3
Game #1
Game #2

Oh god, which is the first one? What do I do? I struggle with Modbot game theory often.
Here's how I see it:
First Key is the obvious one so most people will not go for it (lowest amount of entries).
Second Key is a safe bet since it's in the middle, so why not (probably most entries).
Third Key will be selected by the confident/risk-takers (actually most entries).
That makes sense...

but what if you guys just said that so that I would pick a different entry from now on and you can capitalise on other entries!?

giphy.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
not steam keys, but whatever, don't be picky about free games
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-F8676D20723319FD
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-4ED165ACF74B7CE0 - Taken by yami4ct

t1407355245z1.png

I'll probably stick with the vita. I also here the textures are duller on pc? The overworld. Is that correct?

It doesn't look great.

ALSO THE MUSIC IS RUINED. It kills me to say I wont play through my favorite Final Fantasy until they patch 'dat music, but that's what's happening.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully they patch it out soon because I really want to play RE5 but don't want to deal with GFWL again. :X

I'd guess that QLOC is busy with REmake Remastered, so work probably won't begin in earnest (or at all) until that goes gold.

Tizoc

?
What are you talking about? Because I'm really satisfied by Metal Gear Solid 4 and Ground Zeroes.
Yes, I'm sad about the lack of Silent Hill games, but I bought the HD Collection, I already own Homecoming and SH4 (I sold Downpour because was horrible) and I'm happy with this.
I mean, I prefer NO Silent Hill games at all instead of crappy ones.

With Capcom, basically I'm sad about PC gaming. RE5 has GFWL and no DLCs, and I still need to buy it. Instead RE6 and Revelation are very good ports, in fact I own them :)
Also at least Konami doesn't betrayed the "genre", Metal Gear is still a stealth game, a good stealth game. Instead, take RE6 and Rebirth, RE6 is simply an action game, while RE is a survival. Capcom betrayed this franchise, Konami didn't with MGS (and Rising is a spin-off, a spin-off I like so much, but still a spin-off, so Platinum can do whoetever it wants with it.)

Heh I have different views, I don't care if a game's genre changes so long as the game is good. While Capcpom have neglected various of its franchises, it still published/released good games over the past gen...unlike Konami.
I'm as hype as you for MGS5 even wanting it Day 1 for Tactical FULTON action, and while I have my own personal issues with various devs and pubs...some games I just wanna play day 1.

We tend to see things differently but I get or somewhat understand what you mean.

iosefe

Actually I couldn't tell you much more about 8 as I haven't started it yet but someone like Jshackles would be able to give you all the details.

As to 3, I've played a little (as in the brief intro) and it's essentially the iOS version with a few more option to render the game to your system, and Steam features like cards and achievements and so on. I've got the PSP version on my Vita and they are all very similar but the fonts are better on the Steam/iOS version but you can't take the Steam version with you and you have no physical buttons on an iOS device. So really it's all down to your own preference. And now I've just realised I've bought more Final Fantasy games, multiple times over than any series ever.
Well, thanks for your input. I've bought the original tactics twice after losing my original disk. Some games are just worth it
It doesn't look great.

ALSO THE MUSIC IS RUINED. It kills me to say I wont play through my favorite Final Fantasy until they patch 'dat music, but that's what's happening.
Vita with headphones for life

Damn I have been wanting for Resident Evil 5 for a while now. The one time i was gonna buy it, they yanked it from sales :(

Also aren't there some shady mods that insert the Gold Edition DLC?

3 on the PC has a better save system. believe me, you'll want a better save system when it comes to ff3.

Dr Dogg

Well, thanks for your input. I've bought the original tactics twice after losing my original disk. Some games are just worth ot

No worries.

Despite owning a physical copy of Tactics for the PSP, digital on my Vita and iOS, Advanced on GBA and A2 on DS if a collection of those came to Steam I'd be there day zero. Thrown in Tactics Ogre and I'd by multiple copies for ModBotting.

3 on the PC has a better save system. believe me, you'll want a better save system when it comes to ff3.

Hahaha yeah I know what you mean. Though the suspend or resume feature on Vita is handy. iOS FF's all have the most annoying saving as well. Plus it's inconsistent across titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom