• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
They have FFIII on PC now? Any good?

Was that the one on DS, cause I beat one of the FF DS remasters, the first one that came out.

After playing Arkham City, i got interested in that Captain America game that came out around the time of the first movie. I remember hearing that it was basically a batman game skinned with captain america but was pretty decent overall.

apparently, it never came out on PC. however, if i want a sweet Pinball FX table i do have that option.

They have FFIII on PC now? Any good?

Was that the one on DS, cause I beat one of the FF DS remasters, the first one that came out.

it's the DS game but just looks a little nicer.

Pretty sure Final Fantasy IV was remade for the DS before FFIII. FFIV is way better!

nope, that doesn't even make sense bro lol

Kanokare

WELL IM ALREADY ON THERE NOW BUY ME THE GAME PLS K THX I C U ON SERVER.

Yeah, I just waited until the morning and I got in fine. It seems like quite a few others managed to get in eventually, though I'm not sure if everyone did.

It must be streamed

I can verify the morning thing

Nice! And no Saj!! I gotta save up for the Steam version just cause I want the Steam version haha. If it allows me to, I'll toss a Free Company / Guild invite to everyone. I'll be home again in 1 hour from now. For those that are still making characters -- Tanks are Gladiators and Marauders; Healers are Conjurers and I think Arcanists.

We are all on there now I believe, but I got bummed about there being no way to use tells or party up in the free trial. I'm probably gonna get the game sometime next week just for the free month to explore around the world, it looked beautiful.

Aw that's unfortunate :( It makes sense though to deter spammers from making accounts for the sake of spamming. I'll try tossing you all a Free Company invite to see if that allows you to chat when I get on in 1 hour for a bit.

And yeah the game really is beautiful. I know some people feel that the 13 dollar sub means they gotta get alllll the best-in-slot gear but most MMOs revolve around more than that. Sometimes I just go exploring and I end up with some amazing screenshots (ignore the first one though >_>) - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kanokare/screenshots/

Ruruja

Bit of a bummer that the resolution of the comics in that Humble Bundle are lower than what you could get 'elsewhere' for 'free'. Although I don't know if the free ones are blown up or not.

I think I'll stick to game-related bundles.

Found a spare key, hopefully of use to someone

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ScreamingTrees, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shank 2 -- MB-24D89F7B560A1645 - Taken by tioslash. 6 entrants total.

t1407366105z1.png

After playing Arkham City, i got interested in that Captain America game that came out around the time of the first movie. I remember hearing that it was basically a batman game skinned with captain america but was pretty decent overall.

apparently, it never came out on PC. however, if i want a sweet Pinball FX table i do have that option.

I heard the same. If you're interested in games that are similar to the batman arkham series or were at one point going to be batman games, make sure to check out Shadow of Mordor which was, supposedly, a Nolan Batman game

I knew about this but I just realized it's actually an official promotion with the movie

that's pretty great

I did a full run on my twitch channel... it will be there until they start the mass deletions or until I can get it exported to my youtube channel.

i feel like it's the steam version oof the psp version of the DS persion

Close; it's the "HD" version of the iOS version of the DS version.

Hugstable

Banned
New giveaway for everyone since noone took my Bioshock :(. It's still 2 pages back if anyone wants it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jet Gunner -- MB-C1CE00FBDD26DC91 - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.

t1407356325z1.png

Kanokare

oh. whoops. didn't recognize what the support class was, so i went for my other default: Lancer

Not much of a problem XD At level 10 story quest you can switch between any role you want and potentially level every role to max if you are that crazy.

Hugstable

Banned
Nice! And no Saj!! I gotta save up for the Steam version just cause I want the Steam version haha. If it allows me to, I'll toss a Free Company / Guild invite to everyone. I'll be home again in 1 hour from now. For those that are still making characters -- Tanks are Gladiators and Marauders; Healers are Conjurers and I think Arcanists.

Aw that's unfortunate :( It makes sense though to deter spammers from making accounts for the sake of spamming. I'll try tossing you all a Free Company invite to see if that allows you to chat when I get on in 1 hour for a bit.

And yeah the game really is beautiful. I know some people feel that the 13 dollar sub means they gotta get alllll the best-in-slot gear but most MMOs revolve around more than that. Sometimes I just go exploring and I end up with some amazing screenshots (ignore the first one though >_>) - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kanokare/screenshots/

Yeah I plan to get the Steam version myself somtime within the next 2 weeks since it's 25$ which isn't too bad considering a 1 month sub is 14-15 anyway. Don't know how much time I'm gonna have to really play alot though since I'm still playing alot of other games and have school starting up soon, but that's not too big since I'm winding down on school and not taking too many classes at this point. I'm mainly wanting to get into the game to explore the world and just see how it plays and such, don't think I'm gonna be getting too deep into getting gear and raiding like I used to in WoW just because of how much time it used to take. I remember being at a point where I used to play WoW and wake up in the morning to get 2 hours of farming for random shit so I didn't have to worry about it later during raiding time.

oh darn.

since i never experienced 3, except briefly of the ds version, i entered. hella

3 is alot of fun if you enjoy the job systems in Final Fantasy games. It's nowhere near as deep as the amazing job system found in FFV, but it's still a good game in it's own right, but still shows alot of it's early NES roots even in the remake.

Leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-1A668CA391AD85CF - Taken by bluechox2

Strike Suit Infinity -- MB-9794693B093CFF98 - Taken by Volimar
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-51A51D6D919A269A - Taken by Woody Invincible
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-622E1636835D12D6 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Litil Divil -- MB-CA46887C557A51CF - Taken by danhese007
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-ED6C94C9D931BA84 - Taken by ReduxMachine
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-C771ED4091EE0236 - Taken by arts&crafts
Etherlords II -- MB-DE177D7BDDE144A9 - Taken by drakaenae
Velocity Ultra -- MB-DBF35DF393F7A28F - Taken by salazar547
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-F7FB82581421C498 - Taken by Blak_Status
Dead Bits -- MB-8E8CAD2BD66EA710 - Taken by GaussTek
Beatblasters III -- MB-F4C680735ADA191A - Taken by Fox318
Knytt Underground -- MB-DB4A5C8D8EB44109 - Taken by DontBlink
Rock of Ages -- MB-AE77254594F4C59E - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Expeditions: Conquistador -- MB-4C1A547DA79FF0A3 - Taken by Khronico
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-2BBA9CE3D9F92808 - Taken by KingDirk
Soul Gambler -- MB-C060830804FB8817 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-9112C45682500D33 - Taken by ReduxMachine
Etherlords -- MB-FBE4511321F6C120 - Taken by wagamer
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-A8DC1CCC9741D08F - Taken by Link Man
Strike Vector -- MB-6D3881E4C1868338 - Taken by electroflame
Blockland -- MB-9398CC14B846C627 - Taken by dave is ok
N.P.P.D. RUSH - The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-D797BCBF2EAF8B0D - Taken by Saty
Cosmic DJ -- MB-60F10F88FBFA160D - Taken by Henry Swanson
Frozen Hearth -- MB-9674662CC7763EAE - Taken by saunderez

I was just talking with Sub about some stuff and I ended up saying this... I thought it was amusing enough to share with y'all... :p

04:13 PM - corrosivefrost: well, hopefully wok doesn't bankrupt you
04:13 PM - corrosivefrost: though with his Spelunky addiction, he might, since he's used to hauling tons of gold
04:13 PM - corrosivefrost: conversely, he's been trying to get that "low scorer" achievement lately
04:14 PM - corrosivefrost: so you could point out to him that maybe trying to get that achievement with you would give him better luck in the game

--

People talking about idlemaster reminds me I have ideas to contribute and have been meaning to pick up some python skills. JShackles, if you see this, if you'd be willing to give me a crash course in what I need to have for testing development, I'd offer my services to improve idlemaster further -- I just know you have a major update coming, so I at least want to wait for that before I jump in.

iosefe

3 is alot of fun if you enjoy the job systems in Final Fantasy games. It's nowhere near as deep as the amazing job system found in FFV, but it's still a good game in it's own right, but still shows alot of it's early NES roots even in the remake.

love 5, so i'm sure i'd enjoy it
I was just talking with Sub about some stuff and I ended up saying this... I thought it was amusing enough to share with y'all... :p

Wok better ask for Bad Rats

pahamrick

This being able to set multiple categories for games is almost making me want to organize my stuff.

Oh hey, random notice I have a new item in my inventory. What could it be?

So, open or not open and sell. Hm.

This being able to set multiple categories for games is almost making me want to organize my stuff.

Check the ES average sale price for 3 cards value. Most likely open and sell.

Sendou

They say gambling is not worth it.

Then one day it is. Do it.

yuraya

So nice to hear all this PC related news from Capcom. Hoping in the future they have a good steam sale and maybe do a humble bundle. Also bring RE2 + RE3 + Code Veronica to Steam as well. Heck maybe even Outbreak as well. I remember having some fun with that game on the ps2.

Which game were you going to ask for? I assume, Watch Dogs?
Well, frosty granted me unknowingly a quick glance at his secret wishlist but the nerd honor code forbids me to reveal his numero uno.
lol twitch is removing "save forever" past broadcast. In 3 week they going to start to delete past broadcast > 14 days.
http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/
Talk about bad timing. I was just in the process of setting OBS up and try streaming Left4Dead2 privately in preparation for The Stanley Parable stream.
But I seem to have heard there is a setting where you can put twitch to auto-upload streams on your youtube account?!
Further, since Google acquired twitch I would have guessed service would get better, instead of worse? Where did the Google-bucks go?

Also, quick jrpg-gaf. FF7 or FF8 ? Never played a jrpg before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've already done this

You didn't mistakenly edit the settings file in any other way, did you (e.g. remove the steamparental portion, delete a closing quotation mark, etc.)? And is start.exe running with admin privileges?

Is there a way to filter your market history so that you can only see what you've bought or sold? Feels annoying having to trawl through the whole history to find how how many cards you've sold/bought.

Grief.exe

I've been just opening and selling booster packs automatically at this point. I rarely see them at a higher value than the price of 3 cards, even when it is the price difference is low enough to be negligible.

Just open them and hope for a foil.

So nice to hear all this PC related news from Capcom. Hoping in the future they have a good steam sale and maybe do a humble bundle. Also bring RE2 + RE3 + Code Veronica to Steam as well. Heck maybe even Outbreak as well. I remember having some fun with that game on the ps2.
I'm sure CVX HD will appear soon but RE2 and 3 need serious work.

I've been just opening and selling booster packs automatically at this point. I rarely see them at a higher value than the price of 3 cards, even when it is the price difference is low enough to be negligible.

Just open them and hope for a foil.

yup. just look at the value of 3 separate cards and then the value of the pack. if it's about the same, open it and cross your fingers that it's got a foil up in there.

Well, frosty granted me unknowingly a quick glance at his secret wishlist but the nerd honor code forbids me to reveal his numero uno.

Talk about bad timing. I was just in the process of setting OBS up and try streaming Left4Dead2 privately in preparation for The Stanley Parable stream.
But I seem to have heard there is a setting where you can put twitch to auto-upload streams on your youtube account?!
Further, since Google acquired twitch I would have guessed service would get better, instead of worse? Where did the Google-bucks go?

Also, quick jrpg-gaf. FF7 or FF8 ? Never played a jrpg before.

well OBS lets you record locally too while you are streaming so you can have the videos in your pc and upload them to youtube later

Link Man

Banned
Reminder:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Link Man, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-83D3196B69BA29F5 - Taken by Xamdou
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-961287D7CD8CB3DD - Taken by Majukun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom