• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

No_Style

WasabiKing said:
me thinks with super PC Friendly Mod Tre, Evil, Hito, and myself, we might be organizing some get togethers. Suggestions ALWAYS welcome.

Sweet. I'm pretty much open for anything CSS related, but I would be ecstatic if it was GunGame mod! :D

teepo

WasabiKing said:
me thinks with super PC Friendly Mod Tre, Evil, Hito, and myself, we might be organizing some get togethers. Suggestions ALWAYS welcome.

i suggest playing some of the lesser known mods such as zombie master or whatever is the mod of the month on modb or planethalflife.

Doytch

Does anyone know if the Orange Box will include multiplayer stuff like HL2/DoD/CS: Source? I bought HL2 on Steam and I decided not to get the multi stuff with it, so I'm hoping I'll get some of it in the Orange Box.

Rorschach

WasabiKing said:
SOURCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bf2:(

Quagm1r3

I remember reading a thread a month ago that was titled "Why do we pay for Xbox Live?", that mentioned services like steam that offer a great deal for free. I guess a steam dude was watching? :D

Quagm1r3

Quick question. It says 11 people are chatting, and when I click on the link "Join chat room", it doesn't do anything. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

FightyF

Banned
There's already an update....let's see if it fixes my issues! *please*

Yeah, I have to restart Steam to accept friends requests...odd I know.

fallout

Quagm1r3 said:
Quick question. It says 11 people are chatting, and when I click on the link "Join chat room", it doesn't do anything. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
It took me a little bit to get it working. I think you need to have the beta Steam Community integration in order for it to work.

In Steam: file ---> settings ---> beta participation

saelz8

We need NeoGAF group gameplay stats turned on. In other groups, for example - Shacknews, there is a cummulative group playing time number, as well as a member average.

works with other games too

must use global hotkeys, intergrates nicely over non steam games tho, valve takeover pending?!

steam_wow.jpg

Dot50Cal

Banned
A word of warning!!

Dont use this with Battlefield 2, when you try to type in game punkbuster will kick you for an "Unknown Windows API Function".

Not sure if its bannable, but be cautious!

Edit: Im not sure if this happens when you type, that could have been a delay with PB detecting steam.

nix_nz

Neo Member
Does anyone know how to stop the chat windows flashing retardedly in your system tray every time someone sends you a message? It's got to stop...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just spent the last two hours reinstalling Windows on my Macbook pro so I could mess around with this steam thing. I want to play some DoD and CS....heh. Got a hankering.

FightyF

Banned
Quellex said:

I think you're misunderstanding him, I had the same issue as well.

Yeah, even if you're a part of the beta, it will not accept your username and password, and Gorgie posted the solution earlier:

Gorgie said:
Okay, I resolved the issue by logging in, in my internet browser, with my steam account name and password, not my steamID. After I finally logged in, the join button worked!

Worked for me as well. Still have issues though.

monoRAIL

Banned
Thanks, I know how to set up the beta and create my id, but there's no 'join group' button, and I can't log in via the webpage - the login button just times out.

I've created a group and noticed that I can invite friends to join it. So I was hoping that someone could just send me an invite to the neogaf group, thus bypassing the webpage login bug.

steam2.jpg

FightyF

Banned
monoRAIL said:
Thanks, I know how to set up the beta and create my id, but there's no 'join group' button, and I can't log in via the webpage - the login button just times out.

I've created a group and noticed that I can invite friends to join it. So I was hoping that someone could just send me an invite to the neogaf group, thus bypassing the webpage login bug.

steam2.jpg

Again, if you try what Gorgie posted, it should work. Don't bother logging in thru Steam, use your browser.

saelz8

monoRAIL said:

steam2.jpg
Can you join the chatroom?

Go to the NeoGAF Page, and click where it says "Enter NeoGAF's chat room". I can invite you to the group after I see you in the chatroom. (You should be able to enter the room as a guest)

monoRAIL

Banned
Hitokage said:
Apparently the website is brutally strict on IP consistency from a user. Had tons of trouble before.

Ah that might be my problem, I'll try again from home where I have a static IP.

Hitokage said:
Apparently the website is brutally strict on IP consistency from a user. Had tons of trouble before.
Oh, tosspot. Why can't it just accept being logged in? If Steam itself allows multiple computers, why does this have to be fussy fussy?

White Man

WasabiKing said:

Thanks for leaving me out, goat****!

Top Bottom