• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Is there any way to have KB+M controls for this game under Dolphin?
GC version if possible, since the Wii remakes have supposedly way more issues.

I haven't played the Wii version, but my wild guess is that if you want to set up KB+M that would be the better version to try.
IIRC, on GC you couldnt move and aim at the same time: the left analog was used to move, and switched to aim when holding a trigger.
It was a fairly functional system, as there was a lock-on system, like the Z targeting in Zelda, but I can't see it to be directly translated to mouse aim.
On the other hand, AFAIK on Wii the aim was on the Wiimote, and I guess it would be possible to map that to the mouse.

abracadaver

Update for Shadow of Mordor 5GB

New DLC?

Yes:

New Features:
Bright Lord DLC support added. (Note: Bright Lord DLC requires slightly higher system specs than Main Game Campaign. If you’re noticing a loss in performance, please lower system settings.)

Continued PC Improvements:
Stability:
Fixed rare crash encountered when going into Skills Menu.
Fixed a crash that could occur if blood failed to render.
Fixed issue where game would crash after a video card driver crash.
Fixed crash related to physics.

Performance:
Improved rendering on domination FX to improve framerate.

Save/Load:
Fixed issue where users save progress could be lost after watching benchmark to completion.

UI:
Added ability to skip Splash Screens after first launch.

General:
Steam Achievements not being awarded properly. (Issue 1: Occasionally Achievement wasn’t awarded even though game criteria satisfied. Game now verifies again whether Achievement criteria has already been met and will re-pop. In some cases, it may be required to perform unlock a 2nd time. Issue 2: Some Achievements weren’t being awarded in Challenge Mode even though they should have. This issue should now be resolved.)
Fixed issue where player would lose Orc Hunter Rune when restarting Lord of the Hunt DLC.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/241930/announcements/detail/200744729173190085

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there any way to have KB+M controls for this game under Dolphin?
GC version if possible, since the Wii remakes have supposedly way more issues.
i imagine that's probably pretty awful, the control scheme is actually super awesome with the wiimote, it's just that it works like shit for some reasons and just loses its calibration like 15 minutes in and it forces me to put my hands in an awkward position near the sensor bar for it to work. i dunno what's broken about it but it's pretty darned annoying (and painful after a while)

i just need to do shorter sessions i guess, but it's easy to get caught up on it since it's so darned cool

i know most people hate backtracking but i love how this game does it, just so cool to go over an area again and being able to access to all those things you saw blocked off before

_hekk05

Banned
No idea what the heck this game is, but I'll probably pick it up eventually since I do want more KOEI TECMO games to be on Steam.

Specifically, Atelier games.

I NEED MY ATELIER ON STEAM KOEI

I don't know if atelier games will ever go on steam.

Hell I don't even know if atelier games will ever go on psn sale.

Pls sony. you just had 2 sales in a row. Gimme atelier

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
playing metroid prime is gonna give me carpal tunnel or something like that

jeez the game is great and time flies but when i stop playing it my hand is so damn sore

i want to talk about steam games but i've been pushing playing claire and year walk for a while until i feel more like playing them :I

and actually starting ff13 i guess
What a shame, I thought MP controlled perfectly fine with Wiimote. Hope you can make it anyway, those games are worth it (even though the final boss in Echoes is impossible to beat).

And do start FF XIII, it's awesome. Still haven't finished it myself, almost 60 hours in.

Copons

i know most people hate backtracking but i love how this game does it, just so cool to go over an area again and being able to access to all those things you saw blocked off before

Indeed!
I remember that even an apparently trivial design choice as the power-up sequence was so carefully crafted that every single time you found something new it was so amazing.
There was a distinct feeling of having to sweat hard to finally obtain an actually more useful, more powerful than before thingamabob.

I think this was Metroid Prime's most impressive feature, one that maybe even Super Metroid (and for sure Metroid Prime 2) couldn't pull off as effectively.

zkylon

zkylewd
What a shame, I thought MP controlled perfectly fine with Wiimote. Hope you can make it anyway, those games are worth it (even though the final boss in Echoes is impossible to beat).
i think it may be the shitty sensor bar i bought off argie ebay just not being too good

tho it's super weird how it works perfectly at the beginning and then gradually gets worse

And do start FF XIII, it's awesome. Still haven't finished it myself, almost 60 hours in.
that's the thing, metroid feels too long for my taste right now, so 60 hours is way too much time commitment for me

Indeed!
I remember that even an apparently trivial design choice as the power-up sequence was so carefully crafted that every single time you found something new it was so amazing.
There was a distinct feeling of having to sweat hard to finally obtain an actually more useful, more powerful than before thingamabob.

I think this was Metroid Prime's most impressive feature, one that maybe even Super Metroid (and for sure Metroid Prime 2) couldn't pull off as effectively.
yeah, as someone that's essentially new to all these games (i had played some super like a million years ago), i'd say metroid prime is the one game that makes upgrades the most satisfying. i think it's big on how good the 3d movement is and how liberating and unique some of the upgrades are. even if they're repeats from older games, having a double jump in first person, or being able to grapple hook or turn into ball mode and see it control so well with all those nice physics, it's just so cool.

and also how the first person view is so well done, with all the different beams effects and visors and whatnot

the metroid series loves to shower you in upgrades but i agree, metroid prime does that best. i still think i like super metroid better, but i guess playing prime causing me actual physical pain might have something to do with it

AHA-Lambda

I should get the Mordor Season Pass :/
hmm what's the WB Play thing

Honestly, so far, it's not been worth it; it's a very poor season pass given the price. Only the hunting missions add anything worthwhile and it's really just more of the same that can be done in about 2 hours.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
New Resident Evil Revelations 2 Japanese trailer, showcasing all four episodes a bit. Warning, some spoilers: http://www.gamekult.com/video/resident-evil-revelations-2-trailer-episodique-3050417689v.html

Though on the spoiler-side, there's definitely some raised questions I have from the quick glimpses in the trailer. Spoiler, don't read unless you watched the trailer and care at all about Resident Evil lore:
Was that Uroboros, and was that Uroboros combining with a Tyrant?

Arthea

it's totally OT, but I never even bother waiting for discounts on Atelier games, most of the time they never happen and even they do, it's not worth waiting a year for saving couple of euros.
Not sure about Vita Atelier games, tho, Vita games tend to be discounted more often as far as I noticed.

getting back to steam, I will keep believing that we will get Atelier games on steam some day,
which will continue to be never discounted, mark my words (><)

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder why so few games actually copy metroid's progression thing of tons of upgrades and whatever

it's not hard to imagine how hard it might be to design the game with all those things in mind, specially when it's as interconnected and secret-filled as metroid is, but i'm surprised designs like those don't exist as often. tho playing so many metroids i do feel it gets a bit formulaic. at least the 2d ones didn't feel all that interesting after i played my first one

i guess i see some of that in the souls games and that's a big part why i actually like them so much, but it's not done nearly enough

Jawmuncher

New Resident Evil Revelations 2 Japanese trailer, showcasing all four episodes a bit. Warning, some spoilers: http://www.gamekult.com/video/resident-evil-revelations-2-trailer-episodique-3050417689v.html

Though on the spoiler-side, there's definitely some raised questions I have from the quick glimpses in the trailer. Spoiler, don't read unless you watched the trailer and care at all about Resident Evil lore:
Was that Uroboros, and was that Uroboros combining with a Tyrant?

That spoiler sounds cool as hell, gotta see what that amounts to.

I hope it does :(
I just got into Atelier through Escha and Logy(I read that it was the best one to get into since Logy's campaign appeals more to WRPG players, which I am mostly) and I'd love to go back through the older Atelier games, Escha and Logy was like, the 15th one or something, so I've got quite a few to play! :p

getting back to steam, I will keep believing that we will get Atelier games on steam some day,
which will continue to be never discounted, mark my words (><)
With how well Waifu games sell on Steam, I believe that we will get Atelier one day as well.

I really don't know. KT is pretty good at supporting the Vita with the Plus versions of the Atelier games (if only digital), so I have a bit of hope that an announcement will come since the game only released in Japan a few months ago. The localization is already there, so it shouldn't be too expensive. That said, I think Ar Nosurge PS3 wasn't a very big success in the west.

I've been looking around since I want to try it as well but it's impossible to find even used copies for less than 40€, so I'll just wait and see for now. The extra content is only additional scenes and costumes afaik, but JRPGs are just a lot better on the Vita imo.

PS3 version isn't on psn right?
Considering the sales Sony has been doing a digital vita version would definitely be available for a good price eventually.

You guys are making me curious with that RE spoiler but I'll wait until I play the game.

I hit a slump where I don't feel like starting a new game just yet, but, at the same time, I'm looking for game that really requires me to invest into it. Reading forums, faqs, wikis, that kind of stuff.

It has me thinking of getting back into Dota casually, but it's been over a year since I've played, which is the equivalent of having never played at all. (If anyone's playing, are the in-game build guides relatively functional for jumping back in? I know they've never been perfectly ideal, but I'd like to be able to Random pick and go.)

Arthea

I hope it does :(
I just got into Atelier through Escha and Logy(I read that it was the best one to get into since Logy's campaign appeals more to WRPG players, which I am mostly) and I'd love to go back through the older Atelier games, Escha and Logy was like, the 15th one or something, so I've got quite a few to play! :p

With how well Waifu games sell on Steam, I believe that we will get Atelier one day as well.

Atelier games aren't waifu games, dammit!
Or they would be much more popular than they are (><)
What I would give for remaster of Mana Khemia games, with cheevos and all on steam, would play yearly! well, maybe every second year.

Talking about games on steam, still no news about release Way of the Samurai 4. I can't help but wonder if it still coming this month.

Milamber

I hit a slump where I don't feel like starting a new game just yet, but, at the same time, I'm looking for game that really requires me to invest into it. Reading forums, faqs, wikis, that kind of stuff.

It has me thinking of getting back into Dota casually, but it's been over a year since I've played, which is the equivalent of having never played at all. (If anyone's playing, are the in-game build guides relatively functional for jumping back in? I know they've never been perfectly ideal, but I'd like to be able to Random pick and go.)

All else fails.

Skyrim.

Arthea

I'm looking for game that really requires me to invest into it. Reading forums, faqs, wikis, that kind of stuff.

iKkbf09KT6vA5.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who recommended me Darkest Dungeon now again? Probably the worst, imbalanced piece of shit I've managed to spend my time with in the past decade.

0/10 and will literally do my best in order to make as few people as possible buy this turd.

AHA-Lambda

439.gif

Who recommended me Darkest Dungeon now again? Probably the worst, imbalanced piece of shit I've managed to spend my time with in the past decade.

0/10 and will literally do my best in order to make as few people as possible buy this turd.

Oh? I thought that was getting quite a good reception, no?

ExoSoul

Banned

The salt is real.

milena87

I've watched people play the game on Twitch and it seems amazing. I'll certainly buy it when it goes on sale or when it exits Early Access (whatever comes first).

I like the art style and I love the narrator's voice. I generally don't love roguelikes, but this seems something I might really enjoy.

AsylumX

Wow, really? I like the game quite a lot. I played an old build (early feb) at a friend's and it was quite fine, hard as hell but fine. It has some interesting mechanics and you always have to remember that it's still in EA...

Chariot

I love it. It's not perfectly balanced, but it's Early Access and fixing the balance should be rather easy.

Dark Souls

Early Access game is unfinished? whoa.

zkylon

zkylewd

if you're gonna play doto you might as well play league which has much better skins

but seriously if you're gonna invest into a moba know before hand there's a lot of pain and frustration ahead of you for questionable reward, specially if you don't play with friends. burden of knowledge in these games is brutal and the community is hostile as all fuck

i highly suggest you play the moba that your friends are playing and have them teach you to save you a lot harassment

How about Crusader Kings II? You pretty much have to watch fan-made tutorial videos to know what you're supposed to do, but it's an awesome game once you start to understand it.

well, sona is a hatsune miku inspired champion already, so this is like extra miku with a sprinkle of daft punk!
Well, the more Miku, the better!
I actually recently purchased a Hatsune Miku figma!
Alright, it's not for me, it's for my little sisters 8th birthday, I could never justify spending that much money for myself

Grief.exe

Your opinion is atypical, but keep in mind the game is early access, so things can and will change.

Furthermore, I feel that balance changes would be the greatest benefit to a Early Access release.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
i wonder why so few games actually copy metroid's progression thing of tons of upgrades and whatever

it's not hard to imagine how hard it might be to design the game with all those things in mind, specially when it's as interconnected and secret-filled as metroid is, but i'm surprised designs like those don't exist as often. tho playing so many metroids i do feel it gets a bit formulaic. at least the 2d ones didn't feel all that interesting after i played my first one

i guess i see some of that in the souls games and that's a big part why i actually like them so much, but it's not done nearly enough
The bolded is probably why those designs are so rare. It doesn't sound like an easy thing to do to make a world so cohesive, so... good. To give a proper sense of progression and character improvement, and to open new areas in an organic way, instead of artificial barriers in the form of locked doors.

Last nite I wanted to reinstall BF3 while I still had a day of bandwith allocation before the reset but Origin wouldn't let me download any game at all.

And now it's too late :( Can't afford the 50gb download now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom