• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Indiegamestand.com now has a subscription model:

https://indiegamestand.com/elite/

YJ2jgmD.png

Yay... More AAA Publisher trite for the general masses to waste their time on and lose their braincells to!

Yaaaaaaay.

On the other hand I suppose we may see something that isn't generic crap. But I've my doubts. :p

hey, Valve might announce something L4D3! :p

depends if you view that as generic or not though

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Insinuating that wasn't the intention. VLKs and general OEM keys aren't quite the same thing, but it stands to reason that if the latter aren't accepted then the former won't work, either, and it can be further assumed that this is how things will work with the free upgrade to Win10, which isn't to say that those with OEM keys won't be able to upgrade but rather they they'll just have to jump through another hoop or two.

Ah crap. This is what happens when I read posts too quickly, somehow read VLKs as OEM.

Turfster

IndieGala Battle for Glory bundle
Price: 3.89$
  • Bridge Constructor Medieval
  • Onikira
  • Battle Group 2
  • Commandos 1-3
  • Skilltree Saga
  • Praetorians
  • Imperial Glory
  • Deadly 30

Groupees WGN Spoiler Alert bundle
Price: 0.5$/game, 2 game minimum
  • Spoiler Alert
  • Undead Shadows
  • Not the Robots
  • Pixel Puzzles Undeadz
  • Enemy Mind
  • Bit Shifter

Looking forward to Oceanhorn even though i've been sitting on a barely played copy of Wind Waker HD. I dunno, something about playing a new game with Nobuo Uematsu's music in it that's hard to pass up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I really fail to see the appeal of this one...imagining if you somehow wanted all the games featured by indiegamestand, it would cost you the same as annual subscription (1$ per game). Subscribe for 1 month and you are paying double of the normal indiegamestand price for the featured games...

Well, you also get swag, right? Plus you don't need to check the website? And worse-case scenario you overpay by a few cents and some dev gets extra pork in his ramen.

Maniac

Banned
I went through a very similar situation a few years ago, the anniversary of which is next week. My condolences. Hang in there mate.

Thanks. It's... Been hard. My grandma was honestly the matriarch of the family. She was our anchor... She was... Um, the ball-bearing keeping our family running smoothly? Err, I'm out of metaphors.

Really, she was just great. An incredible individual that always had an infectious smile and happy and equally infectious attitude. I always loved her frequent, sarcastic use of the middle-finger. Telling a bad joke with her replying with a smile and a fuck finger was always the best part of any christmas party. It's been a privilege having such an amazing person in my life for the past nineteen and a half years. I can't help but envy both of my older brothers who've had her for 23 and 31 years respectively. She's the one that got me into gaming when she bought me Theme Hospital and issues of some old PC-game magazine with demos full of ridiculous ad-placement.

Hell, she got me my first teddy bear the day I was born. I still have the teddybear.

So anyway... Sorry if this is a depressing read! I've really been trying to summon up courage to write something, anything about her, especially for friends and family on facebook and maybe something to say in the church on monday, but other than this, I've got nothing.

In more exciting, up-lifting news: I'm about two euros away from being able to buy Besiege. Inching ever-closer to making flaming cocks & exploding cunts! :'D

Alavard

It was reported from Paradox's PDXCON this weekend a few times, but the devs have been officially tweeting today that Europa Universalis IV's next expansion, El Dorado comes out next week (the 26th).

It can't come soon enough - new Mayan mechanics (doom counter and blood sacrifices!), a nation designer, ability to have randomized world or a world with all states starting off equal strength, and some focus on exploration and trade from the New World..

No point in me starting up a EUIV game until it comes (for fear of my save being made unplayable), so I may as well continue trying to get back into Crusader Kings 2 in the mean time.

Lain

Copy pasted the names from Groupees so you get the all caps deal:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PIXEL PUZZLES: UNDEADZ -- MB-BD0C23135C5EABA8 - Taken by r3n4ud
NOT THE ROBOTS -- MB-AD06EC597CE35610 - Taken by Saty
SPOILER ALERT - COLLECTOR'S EDITION -- MB-E8DABA7B933460D1 - Taken by ExoSoul
ENEMY MIND -- MB-13DD72D94F5558C5 - Taken by NingenJanai

MUnited83

For you.
Well, you also get swag, right? Plus you don't need to check the website? And worse-case scenario you overpay by a few cents and some dev gets extra pork in his ramen.

Yeah, you get swag. But I wouldn't say the worse-case scenario is overpaying by a few cents. I'd say the worse-case scenario is you already owning like half of the offerings, which you could skip otherwise and save money on... I really don't see the appeal. The month subscription makes you overpay for double the price and the annual subscription only makes sense if you are certain you don't own most of the games.

titch

Thanks. It's... Been hard. My grandma was honestly the matriarch of the family. She was our anchor... She was... Um, the ball-bearing keeping our family running smoothly? Err, I'm out of metaphors.

Sorry for your loss, losing such a loved one is such a difficult experience.

wilflare

trying my luck here
anyone can help me out? I'll need $80 in US PayPal
can I pay you in either Amazon GC or Google Wallet in exchange for it?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, you get swag. But I wouldn't say the worse-case scenario is overpaying by a few cents. I'd say the worse-case scenario is you already owning like half of the offerings, which you could skip otherwise and save money on... I really don't see the appeal. The month subscription makes you overpay for double the price and the annual subscription only makes sense if you are certain you don't own most of the games.

Well I certainly agree that subscriptions don't make sense if you already have everything. Netflix doesn't make sense if you own everything you want to watch on Blu-Ray, right, and that's true even if Netflix is cheaper in the long run than buying the BDs to begin with.

-MD-

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/590439323/spooky-poos-happy-hell

3D platformer inspired by Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie and the like with a 1-person dev team, first time throwing money to a kickstarter for me (I missed out on A Hat in Time when it was up). Page says he's looking at 9-12 more months of development until it's done.

Looks really promising, I might make a thread for it later if nobody else ends up doing it.

All 9 levels of Happy Hell have at least 6 goals that can be completed in many ways. The reward for completing each goal is a Good Thing. Good Things are non-evil objects that have somehow ended up lost in Hell. Their significance is similar to that of the power stars in Mario 64, or the Jiggies in Banjo-Kazooie.

Love this.

Lomax

Well I certainly agree that subscriptions don't make sense if you already have everything. Netflix doesn't make sense if you own everything you want to watch on Blu-Ray, right, and that's true even if Netflix is cheaper in the long run than buying the BDs to begin with.

And it isn't overpaying by a few cents, if this is the same games they put on their pwyw deal, that's 7 games per month (8 some months) for double the minimum price, unless you prepay for a year, and even then it's still higher than just buying them one by one. And that's assuming you don't have any of them, which is extremely unlikely (we'll ignore the fact that probably a third or more of the games they "hand pick" are absolutely terrible). So unless they are going to be like IGN and have a premium game in addition to those games for the monthly fee, I can't even remotely see any reason for doing it. If the prices were half what they are it would probably merit some consideration, but at those price points it just seems awful.

MUnited83

For you.

Sure, but you are able to know what Netflix offers before subscribing. With this is literally impossible to know what is going to be offered to you.

3D platformer inspired by Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie and the like with a 1-person dev team, first time throwing money to a kickstarter for me (I missed out on A Hat in Time when it was up).

Looks really promising, I might make a thread for it later if nobody else ends up doing it.

Love this.

Those checkerboard floors. Are you sure it wasn't inspired by Bubsy 3D?

Damaniel

Banned

YJ2jgmD.png

For a person like me, this is a bit of a dangerous game. I already own 1300 games on Steam - if I don't get any insight into what games are coming out over the duration of my subscription, I might just end up with a bunch of games I already own, and $100+ down the drain. The 20% discount isn't all that hot either - GMG regularly offers 25% codes.

For someone who doesn't have a lot of games on Steam and is willing to try new games completely blind, then this might be an interesting proposition (especially at the 12 month subscription rate), but I think this model is of very little use to most of us here.

Teggy

3D platformer inspired by Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie and the like with a 1-person dev team, first time throwing money to a kickstarter for me (I missed out on A Hat in Time when it was up). Page says he's looking at 9-12 more months of development until it's done.

Love this.

Backed. The art does look kind of crappy but I want to support 3d platformers.

Love this.
I can also see the Bubsy 3D influences in the art style

Bubsy_3D_gameplay.png

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/YJ2jgmD.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I honestly see 0 appeal to it. I frequent igs but I buy maybe one or two games a month if even that at times, they often offer games that I already have or have little to no interest. I actually can't imagine person this could attract. Does anybody here buys even half or third of games on daily deal? just curious.
Maybe they did some research before deciding to do this, but it doesn't seem that well thought to me.

Maniac

Banned
Sorry for your loss, losing such a loved one is such a difficult experience.

Thanks. And it really is, especially when it's someone that means this much to an entire family. She was a special lady, and really the coolest and kindest person I've ever met in my entire life. But I guess that means it's been worth the pain. It's... A good kind of pain, I guess.
I'm sorry for you, I imagine what you're suffering now. Be strong :(

Thank you. And I'm trying to be, but it's damn hard.

Love your new avatar btw!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The latest Idle Master Update cleared out my Blacklist :-(

That shouldn't have happened, sorry. :(

I'll look into it and try to find out why that is, if other people are experiencing the issue, and what I can do to prevent that going forward.

C4rter

That shouldn't have happened, sorry. :(

I'll look into it and try to find out why that is, if other people are experiencing the issue, and what I can do to prevent that going forward.

No worries, only 6 or 7 games were on that list. As a fellow programmer I certainly know about those little things that can go wrong unexpected ;-)

I don't check my email enough.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GunWorld -- MB-7816855F252BCEA0 - Taken by arts&crafts. 4 entrants total.

t1424289718z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom