• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

There are actually a lot of interesting games coming out relatively soon.

Homeworld
Oddworld
Cities: Skylines
Ori and the Blind Forest
Hotline Miami 2

Assuredly I'm forgetting some.

Tizoc

Homeworld
Oddworld
Ori and the Blind Forest
Hotline Miami 2

King of Fighters 02 UM!
Aside from the biggest roster ever in a KoF game, it has a kickass soundtrack cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpqOhMLZpn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9RIDA9DESI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOfHAQfqVY4

Fun fact: Norio Wakamoto voiced Omega Rugal in original KoF 2002, but in UM, they got Toshimitsu Arai to voice him again. Wakamoto is Igniz's VA incidentally enough.

yuraya

Homeworld
Oddworld
Ori and the Blind Forest
Hotline Miami 2

Will probably pick up Ori. The game looks like a lot of fun.

Skylines goes on the wishlist for
cheaper
purchase in the future.

Tizoc

For the new page

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-768CB2817F4DB0F6 - Taken by PARANO1A. 44 entrants total.

t1424293498z1.png

Today's extras
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

White Noise Online -- MB-2C25198A75F81A9E - Taken by Dusk Golem
The Slaughtering Grounds -- MB-27B0571D90048EE6 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Obludia -- MB-0BE2F1529FCC1D8F - Taken by Loptous

Knurek

Game 16 of the year done.
header.jpg

70% of the content are word puzzles, something that doesn't interest me at all.
25% of the content are not really fit to be called a puzzle (6 word letter anagrams? Hangman with 11 possible misses? Whatever that picture quiz was?)
5% of the content that would actually interest me (Link-A-Pix) is brought down by terrible interface (might be that I am spoiled by great Pic Pic/Conceptis implementations). Nevertheless, it was no fun to play them.
Most of the puzzles are elementary grade.
:(
Easy 100% though, you just need to solve 10 puzzles of each type for all achievements. Took about 5 hours.
Avoid.

I actually played a bit of Overlord back in the day. I can't remember how I felt about it.

Overlord's a neat take on the bevy of average action/adventure titles that flooded the market a couple generations ago. A little Pikmin, a little action/adventure, a little strategy... it's a very unique title.

Overlord 2, from what I've played, took it a step further. It was much more lavishly designed and expansive... and it bombed badly enough to nearly kill the developer, Triumph Studios.

Arthea

I'm very much looking forward to my blind pixel hunting in a form of Hero of the Kingdom
2!
I enjoyed first much more than I thought I would, for such a simple game it was quite fun.

Game 16 of the year done.
header.jpg

70% of the content are word puzzles, something that doesn't interest me at all.
25% of the content are not really fit to be called a puzzle (6 word letter anagrams? Hangman with 11 possible misses? Whatever that picture quiz was?)
5% of the content that would actually interest me (Link-A-Pix) is brought down by terrible interface (might be that I am spoiled by great Pic Pic/Conceptis implementations). Nevertheless, it was no fun to play them.
Most of the puzzles are elementary grade.
:(
Easy 100% though, you just need to solve 10 puzzles of each type for all achievements. Took about 5 hours.
Avoid.
why avoid? because you don't like word games? (><)
It was a nice little game in fact, even if a tad too simple.
Link-A-Pix were nice tho, interface or no

Monooboe

So anyone still play The Crew? Got it today and I actually don't really like racing games but hoping I can play it more for the collecting like I did with later Burnout games.:D

Arthea

Lol Mass Effect Trilogy 30% off on Origin

It was an empty post before I quoted and I was about to embark on a journey of interpreting it, and now you took that from me too!
why that too? I was about to write a negative review on a bird story, but then I told myself to get over it, as I got it in a bundle and it's only an hour of my time, it didn't kill me and what doesn't kill me, make me stronger, soon I'll be able to play even AssCreed!
OK, OK, I'll stop now

Messiah

Wonder if they'll remake the second Oddworld if this one sells well?

I think that's the plan. Remake the first two games and then continue with another main character.

I don't really care what comes next, I'm just happy to have Lorne Lanning back in the games industry.

Edit: Saoirse got you covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom