• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-18_22-37-51.jpg

2015-02-18_22-38-09.jpg

2015-02-18_22-38-31.jpg

2015-02-18_22-38-50.jpg

2015-02-18_22-39-10.jpg

Chariot

Wasn't there a thread last week where people actually claimed that they would pay even more for new games? I think some people are just too rich.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jesus. How do you find the time?
I've only completed 4 games so far this year.

I'm up to 12 so far, and I should be finishing up another 3 within the next week or so (I'm putting the final touches on Fable Anniversary on Steam, Far Cry 4 on PS4, and Dragon Quest III on Android).

Obviously a few of the games were ones I started late last year, but I think that's okay since I finished 63 games last year.

A bit of a stealth-brag, but you'd be surprised how many games you can finish if you put your mind to it. I know I was.

i know it's a logical fallacy for me to say this but TB isn't the person to suggest that someone else be muzzled given what he's said in the past.

thought yes, no one should ever use the word haterade. He's 100% on point with that one.

Arthea

You guys are making all my hard work look like nothing, I'm at the 10 finished games this year still, I keep falling in a pit of playing long games all the time...

Any hidden gems in this bunch?

Final Dusk!
I haven't played it yet, but I believe in it from a time I laid my eye on it.

AHA-Lambda

I agree. Sue me but to me people who say that length doesn't matter as long as it's good at $60 don't have any real concept of money.
Doubly so when they pay £150+ for a stupid limited edition with useless tat and a season pass on top.

And that's not the acclimation to steam sales talking.
When quality is equal I'll always go for the best value.

Knurek

why avoid? because you don't like word games? (><)
It was a nice little game in fact, even if a tad too simple.
Link-A-Pix were nice tho, interface or no

I hate word puzzles. I love logic puzzles (with the sole exception of Sudoku). There's simply not enough of good logic puzzles being offered here.
Link-a-Pix is a great logic puzzle, second to Nonograms.
But they are great to play with a pad or keyboard. Something Puzzler World doesn't allow, opting instead for extremely imprecise mouse controls. With no easy way to break the links.
Also, puzzles were ridiculously easy.

Tizoc

I'll take a brilliant 5 hour experience over a dull Skyrim / DA:I game. But I totally get people not feeling the same way. I respect that completely.

Not to brag but I recently bought a $20 game where I beat its main campaign in like 12-15 hours. I am now playing it's bonus 'Hard mode' which should take as long. So for $20 I got me a game that gives me 20 hour playthroughs. Oh and did I mention that the game has replayability?

All in all though; replayability is important if a game is $60, if it is a one time playthrough and you just don't feel like re-experiencing it again, some'll feel like it isn't worth it.

I'm still interested in The Order, but sadly not $60 interested, even though I could get it for a little cheaper by trading in some games over at my local shop.

Kaleinc

Banned
From my experience most complaints about games being too short come from folks who never finish their games getting bored after an hour or two.

Arthea

I hate word puzzles. I love logic puzzles (with the sole exception of Sudoku). There's simply not enough of good logic puzzles being offered here.
Link-a-Pix is a great logic puzzle, second to Nonograms.
But they are great to play with a pad or keyboard. Something Puzzler World doesn't allow, opting instead for extremely imprecise mouse controls. With no easy way to break the links.
Also, puzzles were ridiculously easy.

hold on a second, unless I'm confusing it with second game, not all puzzles are easy, let alone ridiculously, there are hundreds of puzzles there, can it be you've played only easy ones?
I didn't find mouse controls such a nuisance tbh.

I think we talk more about The Order 1886 than any game that is actually on Steam.

I blame lashman and all who quote himTB too!

Chariot

From my experience most complaints about games being too short come from folks who never finish their games getting bored after an hour or two.
I barely finish games and think that the Order is too short, especially for that amount of cutscenes.

is there a painless way to filter my library by partial controller support? BPM only filters by full controller support, and I want to make a new category with partial and full.

Turfster

Guys, stop talking about The Order and listen to me and watch the Otherside Thief twitch stream like I told you hours ago =p
(The first 2 hours have been saved)

zkylon

zkylewd
I tried LoL a little while after its launch. I'd played Dota and other awesome custom maps (like Tides of Blood!!) on WC3, and there was just something about LoL that didn't click with me.

thats fine, i was just messing around with that

do play the game your friends play, that truly is super important

Monooboe

I'm a bit LTTP but Ether One is really good! Maybe not a looker as Vanishing of Ethan Carter but like it for all the same reasons.

chronomac

The devs have a right to defend their game's length. He's making seem like they aren't respecting poor people which is completely disingenuous. No one on minimum wage has to purchase the game right out of the gate for the full retail price. They can rent it, trade in some old games to lower the price or maybe just wait. There should be no universal length/price formula. The price of a game is relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom