• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

https://steamdb.info/sub/61325/
Tales-of-Zestiria-aparece-en-un-anuncio-japones-de-PlayStation-4-02-730x287.png

it'shappening.jpg

Reads TOZ for me, maybe its wortha thread just for the reactions or lulz?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg

I'm going to be trying to get you guys interested in Zombie Army Trilogy, the first Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army game was a surprisingly fun co-op game, I'm actually very excited for the Trilogy release and think some here on GAF will love it, but I hardly ever see anyone talk about it.

If you own the one of the first two games, you get a 33% discount, own both you get a 66% discount, so you can probably find methods to get this cheaper, the discount deals run until April 3rd (game releases March 6th).

You'll see me talking a lot more about this one up too and after release, actually currently one of my most anticipated releases. I haven't played the second game, but the first game with the several people I've played it with (I've played it three times with a total of nine different people) all were surprised in how good it was, the Remastered seems to be adding a lot of new content and excited to play the remastered version of the first game, the second game, and the new third game.

Dusk Golem

still waiting for Eternal Sonata ...

2015-02-18_23-49-00.jpg

That and Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon I wish for so badly, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

(I actually only started finally playing Eternal Sonata last week, like it so far, about eight hours in).

Fragile Dreams though... It's gameplay is flawed but it has such beautiful yet lonely atmosphere and an interesting enough narrative with it (though there's an element of it I'm less fond of), beautiful music... I wish it would come to Steam.

01-620x.jpg
p5501-620x350.jpg

Edit: It took me a bit to post this, I was secretly hoping someone else would post before I did. I will add if you're wondering why I responded to Eternal Sonata with Fragile Dreams, it's because the same studio worked on both of them, and guess what, Fragile Dreams was published by Namco, SOOOoooo...

Deitus

A Tales game coming to Steam? Never thought I'd see the day. All the other Japanese publishers who haven't made their way to Steam yet better take notice.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
header.jpg

I'm going to be trying to get you guys interested in Zombie Army Trilogy, the first Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army game was a surprisingly fun co-op game, I'm actually very excited for the Trilogy release and think some here on GAF will love it, but I hardly ever see anyone talk about it.

If you own the one of the first two games, you get a 33% discount, own both you get a 66% discount, so you can probably find methods to get this cheaper, the discount deals run until April 3rd (game releases March 6th).

You'll see me talking a lot more about this one up too and after release, actually currently one of my most anticipated releases. I haven't played the second game, but the first game with the several people I've played it with (I've played it three times with a total of nine different people) all were surprised in how good it was, the Remastered seems to be adding a lot of new content and excited to play the remastered version of the first game, the second game, and the new third game.

apparently "critics" didn't really like that game ... for whatever reason .... I never could understand it as I seriously love both Nazi Zombies games - they're incredibly good and fun to play with other people

header.jpg

I didn't like the second one, felt like a DLC for the first. Great soundtrack though. I'd be all over it if it wasn't for the extinction of the Russian bears.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't believe this tales of thing... Where the hell is ATLUS and NIS in all this?! Man they piss me off.

I would love to have SMT and Persona show up on Steam, especially since the only real representation SMT had on PC is a now defunct F2P MMO.

That and Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon I wish for so badly, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

(I actually only started finally playing Eternal Sonata last week, like it so far, about eight hours in).

Fragile Dreams though... It's gameplay is flawed but it has such beautiful yet lonely atmosphere and an interesting enough narrative with it (though there's an element of it I'm less fond of), beautiful music... I wish it would come to Steam.

01-620x.jpg
p5501-620x350.jpg

Edit: It took me a bit to post this, I was secretly hoping someone else would post before I did. I will add if you're wondering why I responded to Eternal Sonata with Fragile Dreams, it's because the same studio worked on both of them, and guess what, Fragile Dreams was published by Namco, SOOOoooo...

I watched a friend stream part of Fragile Dreams a few years back, and decided to cut myself off after only an hour or so. I could feel that there was something special about it and wanted to save the experience for myself whenever I got around to it. I kinda forgot... so, a PC version would be great! An unsung hero of its time, and probably cursed by being on the Wii.

Dusk Golem

apparently "critics" didn't really like that game ... for whatever reason .... I never could understand it as I seriously love both Nazi Zombies games - they're incredibly good and fun to play with other people

I thought the first one was really fun, and was meaning to play the second and was literally about to when this was announced a few months ago. XD; (I had re-played the third game with a group of people a week before with plans to play the second next week, then BAM, this was announced, so we decided to hold off).

Going from the first game, it strikes a really fun balance and 80s grindhouse tone. I love the synth-stylized music the game has and the sort of noise, audio, and effects that are really reflective of its purposely cheesy set-up. With music like this and this, it did a lot, and the visuals fit it perfectly (and apparently the Remastered game will have more music).

With that, be extremely fun and satisfying to find a perfect sniping shot and fight your friends for high-scoring shots, but also coming together in panicky moments when plans fall apart and struggling to survive, matched with a large array of weapons, fun enemies, varying locales with some good level design, the sort of recollecting yourself and stocking up moment with the save rooms, and so forth and so on.

Honestly, one of my favorite budget co-op campaign games I have played, and I love the sounds of all the stuff they're introducing in Zombie Army Trilogy, both the new third game and the stuff they're retroactively adding to the previous two games, including the dismemberment system, the new four characters, music, new enemies, updated visuals.

I've heard the second one is weaker, but I have not played it so I cannot say. I'm still very much interested in playing it, and will definitely re-re-play the first game with the new stuff, then the second and onto the third game.

lashman

I thought the first one was really fun, and was meaning to play the second and was literally about to when this was announced a few months ago. XD; (I had re-played the third game with a group of people a week before with plans to play the second next week, then BAM, this was announced, so we decided to hold off).

Going from the first game, it strikes a really fun balance and 80s grindhouse tone. I love the synth-stylized music the game has and the sort of noise, audio, and effects that are really reflective of its purposely cheesy set-up. With music like this and this, it did a lot, and the visuals fit it perfectly (and apparently the Remastered game will have more music).

With that, be extremely fun and satisfying to find a perfect sniping shot and fight your friends for high-scoring shots, but also coming together in panicky moments when plans fall apart and struggling to survive, matched with a large array of weapons, fun enemies, varying locales with some good level design, the sort of recollecting yourself and stocking up moment with the save rooms, and so forth and so on.

Honestly, one of my favorite budget co-op campaign games I have played, and I love the sounds of all the stuff they're introducing in Zombie Army Trilogy, both the new third game and the stuff they're retroactively adding to the previous two games, including the dismemberment system, the new four characters, music, new enemies, updated visuals.

I've heard the second one is weaker, but I have not played it so I cannot say. I'm still very much interested in playing it, and will definitely re-re-play the first game with the new stuff, then the second and onto the third game.

you don't have to convince me ;) I already pre-ordered it like a month ago :p

Maniac

Banned
Will probably pick up Ori. The game looks like a lot of fun.

Skylines goes on the wishlist for
cheaper
purchase in the future.

I believe Skylines is quite cheap on Nuuvem, although I'm not sure. I wish I could preorder it though, cause I really want it... But dat sub-$1 bank statement ;)

I can't even afford squeenix bundles' 1st level -_-
Average games need love, too!

Overlord is a great sodding game. :p

Also seeing how you love Assassin's Creed you literally have no right to an opinion on how good, or bad, any given game is! :p
I'll take a brilliant 5 hour experience over a dull Skyrim / DA:I game. But I totally get people not feeling the same way. I respect that completely.

All signs are pointing to a mediocre 5 hours, though.

Dusk Golem

I watched a friend stream part of Fragile Dreams a few years back, and decided to cut myself off after only an hour or so. I could feel that there was something special about it and wanted to save the experience for myself whenever I got around to it. I kinda forgot... so, a PC version would be great! An unsung hero of its time, and probably cursed by being on the Wii.

Probably partially, though the game has its flaws for certain. It's one of those games where the atmosphere, art direction, music, story, characters, etc., are all so beautiful, but the gameplay doesn't live up to the game's other elements. I know Jim Sterling is a mixed bag for people, but I agree with his review mostly except the elements that make the game great were better than the mediocre gameplay for me by a long-shot, though I may just be a more tolerant gamer for flaws, who knows?

To quote Jim Sterling on this:

"Is Fragile Dreams worth playing? Absolutely, if you have the sheer willpower and patience to see it through. There is truly nothing quite like this game, on the Wii or anywhere else. However, the game makes so many unfair demands of the player and requires so much forgiveness that most won't want to stick with it. It's a horrible shame because the things that Fragile Dreams does right are done beautifully, and such a lovingly crafted world deserves so much better than to be forced into a poor game.

That's the biggest frustration with Fragile Dreams. That so much brilliance is let down by careless and slapdash game design. That a truly wonderful story is clouded by terrible combat, terrible quests and terrible wastes of time. That a title deserving nines, tens and nominations for game of the year has been relegated to the status of "alright" and "just about worth playing if you've got the stomach for it" thanks to things that not even the developers could have considered acceptable."

I don't think it's as bad as he makes it out to be, but it is true that basically everything about Fragile Dreams is wonderful EXCEPT it's gameplay, which is just kind of mediocre with a few frustrating sections. However, if you're looking for a narrative, atmosphere, and sort of direction that games have never really tackled before that gets a lot better and legitimately beautiful as it goes along, it's a fantastic game.

Also has amazing music.

It and Eternal Sonata are both by the same studio mostly, one of my biggest wishes are for both to come to Steam.

I played the death out of the inferior console version. Though, revisiting it on PC would make for a good excuse to drop chunks of cash on upgrading my monitor and graphics card to finally try out some of this sweet downsampling I keep hearing about.
Did you play both Dark Souls games already? If it has been some time then I think replaying them as very different classes would be an almost new experience.
Thanks. It's... Been hard. My grandma was honestly the matriarch of the family. She was our anchor... She was... Um, the ball-bearing keeping our family running smoothly? Err, I'm out of metaphors.
Oh man. Sorry for your loss :(
Hang in there buddy.
https://steamdb.info/sub/61325/
[]http://www.koi-nya.net/img/subidos_posts/2015/02/Tales-of-Zestiria-aparece-en-un-anuncio-japones-de-PlayStation-4-02-730x287.png[/IMG]
it'shappening.jpg
Wow. Didn't expect this so soon at least. Very nice. One inch closer to my dream of getting all Yakuza games on Steam. Come on Sega, you can do it! PC has been good to you lately.
Remember to be a WINNER and purchase DOA5: Last Round on Steam.
That is some very NSFW gif o_O
I am not into fighting games but I really enjoy watching their "Movie Cuts" on Youtube.
Gonna watch DoA's for sure.
The RRP is $549, so, yeah, it was a good deal, but I'm fairly certain it's old (i.e. pre-TLoU inclusion) stock (not that it matters).
Damn, you made a great deal then buddy.

Ozium

I want to get Grow Home but it ain't on sale, what's the deepest discount ubi third party titles get? I doubt it will be bundled... and if I buy it on uplay do I get a steam key?

Tizoc

OK, seriously WHERE ARE ALL THESE GODDAMN MOSQUITOES COMING FORM?!
I've swatted maybe 5 in the just last few hours, holy crap.

Also SNK's beta for KoF 02 UM is rather lame; I gotta refund my game then buy it again and thru some method be able to enter the beta? Why not just give it to everyone who pre-ordered, I pre-ordered this game on the 31st...

rtcn63

Is this that MLP/Tales crossover I've been hearing so much about?

I remember starting Vesperia years back. It was Tales... but it was Tales. One dungeon away from finishing Abyss on PS2, and I think I'd just had enough. Star Ocean 4 has the better combat system by far, but worse everything else.

Wurdfurd

Some Indie's up for grab
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wurdfurd, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-5634D34274923022
The Slaughtering Groungs -- MB-206D415C89C3D471
Final Dusk -- MB-3A4AF41022E4108B - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 13 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting (2nd Chapter) -- MB-567154DA8056F732 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Micron -- MB-4D7C80B683D41B7D - Taken by WinterDemons. 5 entrants total.
Obludia -- MB-9A8F5BCE55424663 - Taken by thereisnoif. 3 entrants total.
Why So Evil -- MB-33342CA0569D4924 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Three Dead Zed -- MB-5FA9F0F05640FE6B - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.

t1424313179z1.png

r3n4ud

header.jpg

Will be preordering this and Oddworld next week. Pretty damn good value at 66% off, I think.

Chariot

I am a bit offended by how germans are exploited for slightly dangerous versions of zombies. How about sowjet zombies or american patriot zombies or girl scout zombies? What makes nazi zombies so much more terrifying than any other zombies? Are they attacking the jewish zombies?

r3n4ud

I am a bit offended by how germans are exploited for slightly dangerous versions of zombies. How about sowjet zombies or american patriot zombies or girl scout zombies? What makes nazi zombies so much more terrifying than any other zombies? Are they attacking the jewish zombies?

Nazis = scurry

Nazi zombies = very scurry

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are you equating Nazis to American patriots and Girl Scouts?

r3n4ud

You missed my point. There isn't much difference between the danger of a girl scout zombie and a nazi zombie. They're zombies, their previous occupation isn't really the issue.
Well, I imagine Nazi zombies are a major selling point. I mean, fighting against girl scouts doesn't exactly scream 'buy me!'

lashman

You missed my point. There isn't much difference between the danger of a girl scout zombie and a nazi zombie. They're zombies, their previous occupation isn't really the issue.

but nazis have cooler uniforms ;)

Chariot

Well, I imagine Nazi zombies are a major selling point. I mean, fighting against girl scouts doesn't exactly scream 'buy me!'
It was an extreme example. How about sowjet zombies then? Or american anti-abortion terrorist zombies? Twin clones of Mao Zedong zombies? Floridans?

but nazis have cooler uniforms ;)
Can't argue with that. But why would you shoot people in cool uniforms? Wouldn't you rather shoot the ugly ones? I mean, games generally throw ugly enemies at the player instead of beautiful and handsome ones.

r3n4ud

It was an extreme example. How about sowjet zombies then? Or american anti-abortion terrorist zombies? Twin clones of Mao Zedong zombies? Floridans?

Can't argue with that. But why would you shoot people in cool uniforms? Wouldn't you rather shoot the ugly ones? I mean, games generally throw ugly enemies at the player instead of beautiful and handsome ones.
It's a WWII shooter...

r3n4ud

There are sowjets in WWII.
I mean, you could even use the winter war as scenario with Simo Häyhä as protagonist.
No one knows wtf the sowjets are. Everyone and their dog knows what a Nazi is.

I get what you're talking about man, but people wanna shoot bad people, and that means Nazi zombies :p

Chariot

No one knows wtf the sowjets are. Everyone and their dog knows what a Nazi is.
Sowjets and US Americans are natural enemies.
Like Nazis and US Americans.
Or British Empire Citizens and US Americans.
Or South Americans and US Americans.
Or US Americans and other US Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom