• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am a bit offended by how germans are exploited for slightly dangerous versions of zombies. How about sowjet zombies or american patriot zombies or girl scout zombies? What makes nazi zombies so much more terrifying than any other zombies? Are they attacking the jewish zombies?

You missed my point. There isn't much difference between the danger of a girl scout zombie and a nazi zombie. They're zombies, their previous occupation isn't really the issue.

In Zombie Army Trilogy, I should mention it doesn't take itself too seriously. The plotline is Hitler had a "Plan Z" and resulted to satanism and killed himself to perform a ritual to create an unstopable zombie army, really just an excuse to have nazi and demonic memorial all over the game. And the game has more than zombies, one of the first enemies you meet after zombies for example are these Ray Harryhausen-esque skeleton enemies.

It knows it cheesy and overdone and stylizes it with 80s-synth music, over-the-top gore and kill shots (from Sniper Elite, but it works well here and can be disabled if you dislike it), and other stuff. The Remastered Edition seems like it'll include actual demon enemies, in the first game you fight the literal ghosts of Nazi Overlords, etc.

One thing I liked a lot about the first game was just how many zombies the game could handle, but yet make it challenging as zombies will resurrect with demonic circles until you either destroy the head or damage and dismember the body enough so it won't come back to life, which does good with the sniper theme of the game for head-shots, and adds into this super addictive 'fight your friends for the highest scoring shots and overall highest score' scenario.

The game could of theoretically featured any sort of zombie, but they chose nazi as it is overused and used its setting to the fullest for grindhouse fun, going with weapons from the era and going by the logic, "Nazis are evil so you don't have to care if you kill all of them brutally,' sequence, but does it in a charming way I found it very enjoyable, and was a good mix of satisfying gunplay and challenging scenarios.

The problem with the Tales series to me is that it got stale. It didnt evolve since Symphonia and still plays the same.

I kinda wish they would also offer a more mature storyline and not just some Shounen-y Animestory.

Momentary

Banned
OK, seriously WHERE ARE ALL THESE GODDAMN MOSQUITOES COMING FORM?!
I've swatted maybe 5 in the just last few hours, holy crap.

Also SNK's beta for KoF 02 UM is rather lame; I gotta refund my game then buy it again and thru some method be able to enter the beta? Why not just give it to everyone who pre-ordered, I pre-ordered this game on the 31st...

Damn. I'm not even going to try.

Chariot

In Zombie Army Trilogy, I should mention it doesn't take itself too seriously.
The good thing: I'm only half serious.
The bad: I'm half serious.
Nazi zombies outlived their novelty in my eyes. There isn't much you can do with the concept since they're still zombies. It was funny a few times and I really had to laugh at what Dead Snow did, but it's not kicking anymore. I think a change of Zombietype would be good. And it would be super funny if you actually put multiple zlmbie types intk the game. Not like boomer and so on, but Nazi zombies and sowjet zombies and have them actuslly biased.

Dusk Golem

Steam Achievements for Resident Evil 5 include Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, Versus, and Mercenaries Reunion achievements, so yai.

Dusk Golem

Oh well. I launched the game hoping it was the update but GFWL was still in. :(

I knew it wasn't going to be the update as it was way too small to be adding the content, but I am guessing it's a pre-patch to try and preserve save files, I hope the bigger patch comes in just a little bit.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I knew it wasn't going to be the update as it was way too small to be adding the content, but I am guessing it's a pre-patch to try and preserve save files, I hope the bigger patch comes in just a little bit.

2015-02-19_01-39-53.jpg

Dusk Golem

Also, I think I know why they released this update now.
In the newest Resident Evil Revelations 2 trailer,
you can see Uroboros in it,

Gunworld steam keys up on Groupees, I have no idea what bundle it was in.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunworld -- MB-0B4885B274297D52 - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.

t1424308079z1.png

xBladeM6x

new AC:Unity patch

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/18/assassins-creed-unity-patch-unlocks-app-content-to-all?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"A new patch is rolling out for Assassin’s Creed Unity, today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and tomorrow on PC.

Content exclusive to Initiates and the companion app will be made available to all players. While you can still use the companion app, it won’t be required to unlock chests in the main game."
Glad I waited to play this, now I won't need to use their companion app.

Tizoc

After doing some reading up, I'd love if Zwei 1 and 2 were released on Steam, hope they're among XSEED's planned releases for the year or even for next year =X

Come on Atlus, make your move
VFzG5ZB.jpg

Steam is a great platform for brutal RPGs, and we'd finally get a collectathon game for JaseC to play that'll bring back his sealed memories of the horrors of Australia!

Jawmuncher

Steam Achievements for Resident Evil 5 include Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, Versus, and Mercenaries Reunion achievements, so yai.

Versus achievements isn't a good thing.
Is there a list? That shit will take HOURS just to boost for one person. More so for team since you need two players on each team.

Every time Jawmuncher is out of here for a while we get super awesome japanese port news. It's uncanny!
I didn't have to even leave for that long this time. Wonder what next time will bring.

FLD

Fuck yeah! It was already essentially confirmed but that pretty much seals the deal. I wonder if we'll have to pay or if it'll be a free upgrade. Either way, I'm stoked to finally play the DLC episodes. Now give us a date, Capcom!

Jawmuncher

Freaking RE5 Versus Achievements we meet again. Man I really DONT want to those again. RE6 was bad enough. But I want to have all versions of RE5 100% complete.

r3n4ud

Freaking RE5 Versus Achievements we meet again. Man I really DONT want to those again. RE6 was bad enough. But I want to have all versions of RE5 100% complete.
Coop with Turfster. He's always going on about how he can't wait to pick up the game and 100% it when the game is finally Steamworks.

Dusk Golem

http://www.openshop.com.hk/Resident_Evil_5_Gold_Edition_p6089.html

Pre-order on a Chinese site for the whole Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition deal for PC- Steam, includes two things of interest.

01.) Screenshots:

01(2).jpg
12(2).jpg
03(5).jpg
02(2).jpg

B.) Confirms all the Gold Edition content, in case any doubts. That also includes the two costumes previously not in the PC version and and the new trophies. Also, not available to buy the DLC separately at least from there yet, only together. Curious how Capcom is going to handle the DLC deal for Steam.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

White Noise Online -- MB-F75050F5E38C80BA - Taken by Cth
Final Dusk -- MB-3BDD4D1F003A3412 - Taken by Akuosa
Reversion - The Meeting (2nd Chapter) -- MB-3A908751D94F37F8 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Slaughtering Grounds -- MB-6135B9F3CF3A576B - Taken by crazyrabbits
Obludia -- MB-78B545E096C19DFC - Taken by ExoSoul
Why So Evil -- MB-2DC5B4389F6DAD23 - Taken by fuzzy123
x

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Come on Atlus, make your move
VFzG5ZB.jpg

Steam is a great platform for brutal RPGs, and we'd finally get a collectathon game for JaseC to play that'll bring back his sealed memories of the horrors of Australia!

I'd buy Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne: Steam Edition, featuring dropbears from the Australia May Cry™ series.

Jawmuncher

Pre-order on a Chinese site for the whole Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition deal for PC- Steam, includes two things of interest.

01.) Screenshots:

01(2).jpg
12(2).jpg
03(5).jpg
02(2).jpg

B.) Confirms all the Gold Edition content, in case any doubts. That also includes the two costumes previously not in the PC version and and the new trophies. Also, not available to buy the DLC separately at least from there yet, only together. Curious how Capcom is going to handle the DLC deal for Steam.
That's like 30 bucks in Hong Kong.
Though the base price is 20 on regular RE5 so 10 for the DLC for all added I guess would make sense. Considering it's always on sale anyway. Still will probably be cheaper. Betting on the game becoming RE5 Gold for all but you have to "upgrade" to get the content like with SF4AE turning into SF4U in the list.
I know the Versus achievement woes, yai. XD But it is nice to have the content.

Here's the achievement list, hope the link works for you guys: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/stats/appid/21690
Guess the way to look at it, is what's another 100 hundred hours on top of the 300 across 3 versions 100%

Jawmuncher

Laser sight is available in Revelations 2, like RE6 where you can choose. Can see it in this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLsRFrV7es
Nice. Was odd playing Rev on consoles after 3DS with no laser. That's like the series staple in the action games that needs to stay. Even if it's a secondary option.
Coop with Turfster. He's always going on about how he can't wait to pick up the game and 100% it when the game is finally Steamworks.
Turf hates RE5 though. He has bad taste.

FLD

01.) Screenshots:

If the info on that page is accurate, Google translate tells me it's coming in April!

Kinda glad it's still a little ways off. Gives me plenty of time to do that RE4 professional run I was hoping to get done before the Steamworks transition. I mean, I could do it now but I'm almost done with FFXIII and I'd like to get XIII-2 done as well before LR comes out.

Teggy

Completed Gemini Rue - what a great story. I was able to do the whole thing with only looking up one minor hint about halfway through, so I at least feel like I beat it on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom