• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
has anyone played knock-knock lately?

i feel like for all i enjoyed that game initially i kinda gave up on it too prematurely and ice pick lodge doesn't deserve that

right now my list of games i'm considering to play soon is (in no particular order):
* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

dunno which one to play first, really. i just want short stuff while i prepare myself for a "waiting for witcha 3" witcha 2 playthrough

Milamber

Looks like you missed your ban, yo.

Wooo! Let's party!

oPAAUrf.gif

Started playing XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Oh jeez, I can definitely see myself losing hours to this game, I'm enjoying it a bunch, I'm ashamed I didn't start it sooner!

Although goddamn I already realised I shouldn't be naming my soldiers since now I've got a some of my steam friends killed :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MegaByte Punch -- MB-2C0BB5AC19BDF835 - Taken by cardinalmind
Solar Struggle -- MB-FC671A924D00165F - Taken by TheMadMan007
David -- MB-3005D4B9A52E604F - Taken by Deques

-MD-

2KO2fD4.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/590439323/spooky-poos-happy-hell

3D platformer inspired by Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie and the like with a 1-person dev team. Kickstarter page says the game is about 6 months into development & he's looking at 9-12 more months of work until it's done.

gOQLKrT.png

All 9 levels of Happy Hell have at least 6 goals that can be completed in many ways. The reward for completing each goal is a Good Thing. Good Things are non-evil objects that have somehow ended up lost in Hell. Their significance is similar to that of the power stars in Mario 64, or the Jiggies in Banjo-Kazooie.

Looks really promising.

Gonna bump this, the 3D platforming resurgence needs more support :)

Derp

My first giveaway. Hurray lol. Someone better take it or imma get mad.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Derp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-B613AD393E617933 - Taken by SSPssp

dex3108

Good morning SteamGAF :D T- 5 hours until all hell breaks loose on GAF (The Order 1886 review embargo) so be careful watch but don't engage :D

Arthea

Happy Chinese new year to all concerned, playasia reminded me of this (><)
thanks playasia!

Tales on steam? That's great news, your move Tecmo Koei, I need my Atelier games on PC!

The problem with the Tales series to me is that it got stale. It didnt evolve since Symphonia and still plays the same.

I kinda wish they would also offer a more mature storyline and not just some Shounen-y Animestory.

play Tales of Graces, thank me later.
I was sure I'm done with Tales, but Graces is something else, oh it's no different in their shounenai ways, but gameplay! it's all that matters.

Chariot

enlighten me, who else celebrates it
Koreans, Mongolians, Tibetans and Vietnamese. Neither of them is Chinese, especially not the Tibetans, even if they belong officially.
First you post TB, now Angry Joe. Do you even agree with them, or are we supposed to mock these? I doubt barely anyone here even cares about these YT peeps lol.
Joe is a cool dude. His interviews are pretty good and relevant for people who care about his interview partners that are not even that small.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
First you post TB, now Angry Joe. Do you even agree with them, or are we supposed to mock these? I doubt barely anyone here even cares about these YT peeps lol.

I beg to differ ;) also - I'm not telling anyone whether they should mock or agree with them ... I'm just posting interesting (imho) stuff :)

Arthea

Koreans, Mongolians, Tibetans and Vietnamese. Neither of them is Chinese, especially not the Tibetans, even if they belong officially.

I more had in mind steamgaf, but thanks anyway
actually we might have some hidden Monks in here
sorry (><)

I beg to differ ;) also - I'm not telling anyone whether they should mock or agree with them ... I'm just posting interesting (imho) stuff :)

I'm actually more interested in opinions of present in this thread than TB or AJ or both. You just are shoving them in my face even if I managed to avoid them in steam thread before!
bad lashman, bad!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

The playerbase has gone from a peak of 27.7k all time to simmering closer to 12k, bleeding players daily. That is to be expected of any game, but I think it is telling that not too many people are really talking about it anymore. Turtle Rock's got a heavy time ahead of them to try and rekindle interest.

OMFG Project Scissors has an actual chance of making it:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/project-scissors-nightcry

4 days to go, 50000 left (sounds like a lot, but 3 days ago it was sitting at 180000)

:D It's actually going to make it!

Ozium

get a key for me too!
I didn't know... why you didn't tell me steamgaf to join that group, why?!

I don't know where I heard about it, honestly.

looks fun tho.. like a real update to asteroids, not that mmo garbage or whatever the hell they are making

edit

Just played the first level of Zotrix and my first impressions are as follows: It's like asteroids in the sense that you can move around in any direction (no wraparound tho) but you also can aim in directions other than where you are facing, the enemies come out in a pattern that is reminiscent of Galaxian or Galaga
you choose different missions that are routes from one place to another, and have to protect a ship by shooting a bunch of aliens.. there were lots of enemies and even in the first mission, while it was pretty easy, you could see that in later missions maybe they get more intense.. there were lots of bullets sometimes, but not necessarily bullet hell like.. the shooting reminded me of something like Beat Hazard but faster/more asteroids like.

There is also resource management and upgrades you can buy, as well as trading resources but I haven't tried that yet I just wanted to jump in and check it out.. Also the music is pretty good.

some missions were unavailable however since the game is still in early access... first impressions are pretty good though

Arthea

I don't know where I heard about it, honestly.

looks fun tho.. like a real update to asteroids, not that mmo garbage or whatever the hell they are making

ya, it looks like something I would want to play. Oh well, I'll get it
in a bundle
someday!
not buying games is hard

edited: just read that AssUni removed companion app, Jasec must be happy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
edited: just read that AssUni removed companion app, Jasec must be happy.

The PC version hasn't been patched yet, but it should happen today. Annoyingly, though, the Steam app hasn't been touched in over a week, which suggests Ubi has been sitting on the update while the console ones go through cert.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The PC version hasn't been patched yet, but it should happen today. Annoyingly, though, the Steam app hasn't been touched in over a week, which suggests Ubi has been sitting on the update while the console ones go through cert.

ubi gonna ubi

besides - it's PC only, who cares? ;)

His interviews are pretty good and relevant for people who care about his interview partners that are not even that small.

I occasionally watch some of their vids, but don't consider them a bechmark the same way I don't consider GAF a benchmark :p

Like, complaining about lack of story in an MP title? Ok.

Also, when are people going to learn when they complain about lack of content they complain about gameplay. If the gameplay is great and provides fun for x amount of time you're not going to complain about content. In most MP games I was part of most people gravitated towards a set of maps. The others were bonus.

Business model is the bigger issue in most cases (which is not about cosmetics). Community server support, mod support, free gameplay affecting updates which includes maps, not splitting your playerbase up etc. If you have those and good gameplay then that's a good value proposition. Then again, this whole playtime-price-fun ratio discussion is all over the place in most cases.

Corpekata

Banned
Why would reviews bitch about lack of story in a multiplayer game? Yeah, gamers will harp about that stuff but generally reviews tend to not, and at most give it a short mention.

baterism

Hello SteamGAF, just returned from relatives houses collecting steam funds. I'm 23 and working, but who refuse free money?

Tales of Z is coming then, now I just wait RoF, P4G and P5 to be announced for Steam. Then I can safely conclude that I just transported into different dimension without knowing.

Happy Lunar New Year, btw. I wish for a year full of GOAT.

Chariot

I occasionally watch some of their vids, but don't consider them a bechmark the same way I don't consider GAF a benchmark :p

Like, complaining about lack of story in an MP title? Ok.

Also, when are people going to learn when they complain about lack of content they complain about gameplay. If the gameplay is great and provides fun for x amount of time you're not going to complain about content. In most MP games I was part of most people gravitated towards a set of maps. The others were bonus.

Business model is the bigger issue in most cases (which is not about cosmetics). Community server support, mod support, free gameplay affecting updates which includes maps, not splitting your playerbase up etc. If you have those and good gameplay then that's a good value proposition. Then again, this whole playtime-price-fun ratio discussion is all over the place in most cases.
I watch some of his review, but I am aware that he has different views in some aspects then me. But I still watch them to get his input. If you know a person's style, preferences and focus, you can work with their opinion. Since Joe isn't a shill and just himself it's easy to understand when you're agreeing and disagreeing with him because of preference.

The next step is posting pewdiepie. Just think where your life is going.
No, lashman, no! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom