• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
didn't know dreaming sarah was in early access, ended up running around in circles for like 20 minutes before looking it up on the internet and finding out the game isn't finished and that i had seen as much of the game as there was lol

really cool game, lots of bugs right now but it's gonna be great when it's finished. it's like a level wrapping surreal metroid thing with a very cool atmosphere

kind of a disturbing experience, actually, because of how weird it is

i liked it

Arthea

didn't know dreaming sarah was in early access, ended up running around in circles for like 20 minutes before looking it up on the internet and finding out the game isn't finished and that i had seen as much of the game as there was lol

really cool game, lots of bugs right now but it's gonna be awesome when it's finished it's like a level wrapping surreal metroid thing with a very cool atmosphere

you don't check if a game is Finnish or even running before even downloading it?
your bravery borders on insanity, you know

zkylon

zkylewd
you don't check if a game is Finnish or even running before even downloading it?
your bravery borders on insanity, you know
well i didn't know it was on early access and it was the most interesting at the moment from my list

so,
* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

let's continue...

Arthea

Anyone know if Blek is going to be on Steam or if I should just get it for Wii U?

every game will be on steam, I thought we agreed upon that long ago!
I think it's safe to assume it will be, not that I know anything, just a hunch. It is an iOS game, isn't it?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-C0ADAC7832F7EAD6 - Taken by anastef

Corpekata

Banned
They need to let users mute curators so I can get things like anime 1.0 and GG off my store pages more so than they need to let devs do it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
wanted to get back to Ryse ... saves wiped (for whatever reason ... shouldn't be as they're cloud-only, pretty much) ... all the cutscenes are unskippable ....

fuck it ... if they don't want me to play it, I won't ...

what the hell is wrong with most devs and their sick fetish of making EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN CUTSCENE unskippable?!?
you made a pretty custcene? awesome, I get it, I really do ... here, have a cookie and fuck off ... and let me skip the goddamn thing!!

Arthea

*checks watch*
brag time?

milestone reached

next stop 35 perfect games, 40-45% completion, which might be tricky to achieve with my habits, hence I brag now (><)

see you at the brag time in a year or so!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyone know if Blek is going to be on Steam or if I should just get it for Wii U?

They have no plans to work on a PC version. The Wii U version is only there due to Nintendo reaching out and aiding them.

*checks watch*
brag time?

milestone reached

next stop 35 perfect games, 40-45% completion, which might be tricky to achieve with my habits, hence I brag now (><)

see you at the brag time in a year or so!

Congrats, I have 3 perfect games and I don't know which they are or how I perfected them >.<

some people already finished 20 games this year, that 52 games a year thread is not good for confidence, not good at all!
(&#45576;_&#45576;)

how you can not know? (><)
You never check what cheevos you got or have left even after finishing a game?

I'm at 17 games so far this year.
I don't care about cheevos or 100%ing games :p

Arthea

some people already finished 20 games this year, that 52 games a year thread is not good for confidence, not good at all!
(&#45576;_&#45576;)

Congrats, I have 3 perfect games and I don't know which they are or how I perfected them >.<

how you can not know? (><)
You never check what cheevos you got or have left even after finishing a game?

Ozium

They have no plans to work on a PC version. The Wii U version is only there due to Nintendo reaching out and aiding them.

welp, will go to the eshop and at least put it on my wishlist the next time I fire up the hyrule warriors machine

thanks

actually seems like the type of game where touch input would be better than a mouse (or trackball)

Arthea

How far are you? I think I have 10 or something. Pretty good on time as of now.

ya, I'm at 10 too, but I had a head start with some games started a year or even more years ago and finished this year. I have more of those, but without... I'm not sure I could make it, even with, it still can prove too much.

I'm at 17 games so far this year.
I don't care about cheevos or 100%ing games :p

way to rain on my parade... 17! do you even do anything else but play?!
you don't care to the point that you never check? Amazing!

Haha, cool, I'm at ten as well!

High fives all around!
*high five*

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They need to let users mute curators so I can get things like anime 1.0 and GG off my store pages more so than they need to let devs do it.
Yep, it sucks that Valve doesn't allow us to hide curators from the store page.

I... don't think I finished a single game this year. No, actually I did. I started and finished Uncharted, and the last 2 levels of Hexcells Infinite.

Played second Minisode for To the Moon. I liked more than A Bird Story.
Freebird introduced something really cool, here, so I need to know how the story will develop.
I hope they will optimize mouse control if is possible before release, because it's really a garbage.
Didn't know this was coming up. Awesome!

_hekk05

Banned
How far are you? I think I have 10 or something. Pretty good on time as of now.

Officially at 0. At chapter 4 on disgaea 4, stage 1-8 on aqua kitty, stage 2 on resogun, halfway through dying light, restarted divinity os since I'm a scrub, spent 8 hours on character creation for wasteland 2.

Dota 2 and spelunky just ate the rest of my time.

derExperte

(&#45576;_&#45576;)

I'm beyond 30. Started some of them a long time ago but it feels good deleting games I had installed for years.

Stuck a 44%, ultimate goal is 50 but it's getting harder.

zkylon

zkylewd
the only games i bother 100% are the ones i liked so much i could use the excuse to play them more

like, achievements in 2015? cmon man

way to rain on my parade... 17! do you even do anything else but play?!
you don't care to the point that you never check? Amazing!

I play very little to be honest, less than 10 hours weekly usually, but 4 or 5 from those I stared last year and I was just missing a few hours to finish them, and a bunch of the rest are very short games :p

You should play VN games and you'd be at 20 in a week >.<

Arthea

I'm beyond 30. Started some of them a long time ago but it feels good deleting games I had installed for years.

Stuck a 44%, ultimate goal is 50 but it's getting harder.

.............. *speechless*

you kindly stay there, I'm trying to catch up after all (><)

You should play VN games and you'd be at 20 in a week >.<

I can't stick with one genre for long, need variety or I get bored easily and become grouchy

derExperte

Steam doesn't show any screenshots in my profile, only a broken link symbol. Doesn't matter if I use the client or browser. Help.

like, achievements in 2015? cmon man

u just jelly of my epeen

.............. *speechless*

you'll stay there, I'm trying to catch up after all (><)

I can't stick with one genre for long, need variety or I get bored easily and become grouchy

I was where you are now only a few months ago, around 35%. Since then I kinda used that number as a motivational tool and it has worked rather well. Doesn't mean I'll play or finish bad games just for cheevos. Not yet at least.

redlacs

Midnight mysteries: Salem witch trials removed all 15 steam achievements causing a 0% avg. game completion rate bug to achievement showcases if you unlocked any achievement in this game.

This happened before with Blade symphony and Snow and sadly there has been little to none progress when bringing up this issue with steam support.
It could be fixed by developers by adding at least one achievement back (for starting the game for example) but if steam could take those games out of equation completely somehow, it would be even better solution.

Unfortunately in this case the MumboJumbo technical support already sent out unfavourable reply concerning the matter.

this morning MumboJumbo re-added all previous achievements. this (temporarily) fixed the 0% showcase problem. everybody who previously perfected the game now lost 1 perfect game from the counter and will need to play the game again to obtain the achievements (which is curently only possible when playing under the game's beta branch).
MumboJumbo says its a workaround rather than final fix but a lot of achievements hunters can be happy again with their achievement showcases.

NOT ALL OF THEM THOUGH.. as it turned out, yet another game pulled the delete-everything stunt shortly after Midnight Mysteries fixed it..

Aveyond: Lord of Twilight deleted all their achievements so if you unlocked at least one of those achievements, you will get the 0% bug as soon as your showcase will try to count new average..
this really needs to happen to some AAA title so it brings enough attention to Valve. these "smaller" games only make handful of people mad/sad/care..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom