• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be harder but I'd like the companies going after the VNs to bring over some other smaller works as well!
There is some games that are pretty fun that come out of the doujin/indie community that most people would never see but Play-ism seems to have that ball rolling.
Hey, you know what isn't on Steam yet? Umihara Kawase. I'd love for Natsume or some small publisher to port the 3DS game to the PC, hopefully with controller support and some room for modding/Workshop stuff.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ubi is the last publisher I expect to care for that sort of change on Steam haha, but that's very nice for people who own all the games. Now to Far Cry please.

93ad14bed4.png

but, but, but ... but they already fixed that too:
2014-07-10_22-24-29.jpg

My first purchase was Team Fortress 2 when It was on sale for 2.49 in 2009. Then a little bit of purchases in 2010 & 2011. Holiday Sale 2012 was when I started actually buying stuff

My first Steam purchase was The Witcher E.E. and the computer I had at that time could barely run it. It was totally worth it though.

Caerith

I'm wondering if the deal Sekai Project extended with Steam applies to other publishers seeing this again. I'm still pretty surprised Steam is allowing 18+ content on the store though after what initially happened with greenlight.

What's the deal that Sekai Project has? The devs for Loren: Amazon Princess were told they could only do 18+ content if they got a rating, so they opted to self-censor.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hey, you know what isn't on Steam yet? Umihara Kawase. I'd love for Natsume or some small publisher to port the 3DS game to the PC, hopefully with controller support and some room for modding/Workshop stuff.

Oh I'd just love that! The Umihara Kawase games are so challenging and satisfying! (I streamed a bit of the 3DS version to drum up interest and got a few people to buy.) I'm not sure of Natsume's stance on the PC but I think poking Ghostlight about it might lead to something since they're more established in porting games.

JustLynx

100 keys while the AMD group alone has 30.000 members. Ain't happening.

But I enjoy seeing so many posting the names of two games they want. That takes a special kind of stupid.

yeah they're pretty much assholes, last time when they gave, they did 250 keys each time, and i think they made another 'encore' one...
well, i'll try to lurk next week, hopefully i'll be grab it in the first 30s, cause its gone after that :(

and yeah those comments rofl, stupidity at its best!

delayed 5 minutes?should start at :00

that's why i missed it :(
I refreshed at 00 and it wasn't there, so i went to humblebundle, to check the weekly and forgot about AMD... until the email :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's taken just from the most helpful reviews, IIRC.

This is the correct answer. :)

Enhanced Steam's review percentage is calculated based on the 50 "most helpful" reviews of all time.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
What's the deal that Sekai Project has? The devs for Loren: Amazon Princess were told they could only do 18+ content if they got a rating, so they opted to self-censor.

They were pretty vague in their message and just expressed that Steam was okay with their solution so I have no clue. I'm wondering if it's like Vanguard Princess with it's free DLC that restores it panty shots and all?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering if the deal Sekai Project extended with Steam applies to other publishers seeing this again. I'm still pretty surprised Steam is allowing 18+ content on the store though after what initially happened with greenlight.

According to the dev:

"If you aren’t already aware, HuniePop was greenlit for a release on Steam with the March 4th batch. We’re crazy pumped about this. It’s a pretty big win considering our efforts to show the dating sim genre can be just as good as any other. Thanks to all you guys who stopped over there and voted for us. I talked to the Valve guys about the questionable content in the game and got the thumbs up. So as it stands right now, the Steam version will be the full uncensored version of the game."

I can't wait to see the reactions, the reactions to Sakura Spirit on the Steam discussions section for the game have been pretty great.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ok, last one ... don't get too excited, though - it's nothing too incredible ... but it's not Bad Rats either ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-8AD7BC797424F004 - Taken by yGray
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-0646697DA026D0FA - Taken by iosefe

topyy

yeah they're pretty much assholes, last time when they gave, they did 250 keys each time, and i think they made another 'encore' one...
well, i'll try to lurk next week, hopefully i'll be grab it in the first 30s, cause its gone after that :(

and yeah those comments rofl, stupidity at its best!

that's why i missed it :(
I refreshed at 00 and it wasn't there, so i went to humblebundle, to check the weekly and forgot about AMD... until the email :(

nothing at :01,delayed by alienware human reason.

topyy

indiegala Blockstorm screenshot promotion.

WIN $3000 IN CASH AND PRIZES!

Play and Win more than $3000 in cash and prizes with Blockstorm and Indie Gala! How? Simply by playing Blockstorm and doing the best screenshot in game you've ever done. Once the screenshot is done, share it on the
Screenshots
section from the
Blockstorm Steam Community
and get it voted by our community. The top 100 most voted screenshots will be selected to win more than $3000 in CASH and Bundle Gifts.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263060/discussions/0/46476691034763002/

BHK3

Banned
Tried this mount and blade warband thing, other then running around on my horse with 15 looters behind me while I slowly kill them 1 by 1 with my crossbow(pretty fun), game is way too 'tabletop' for me. I wish they made a warhammer game like this though, I'd play that. Or just more warhammer games in general.

Ozium

indiegala Blockstorm screenshot promotion.

WIN $3000 IN CASH AND PRIZES!

Play and Win more than $3000 in cash and prizes with Blockstorm and Indie Gala! How? Simply by playing Blockstorm and doing the best screenshot in game you've ever done. Once the screenshot is done, share it on the
Screenshots
section from the
Blockstorm Steam Community
and get it voted by our community. The top 100 most voted screenshots will be selected to win more than $3000 in CASH and Bundle Gifts.

but then you'd have to play Blockstorm....

edit: what was the mystery game? and did the mystery key I won (and already owned) ever get re-raffled?

Momentary

Banned
That's up to Wadjet Eye. About two weeks ago Valve introduced a sortas flag that, like the name suggests, changes how a game is ordered in user libraries. For example, the AssCreed games are now:

I wish we could have the option ourselves to sort our library in that manner.

Lain

Sorry about Sakura Spirit guys! I thought Steam blocked this kinda stuff so I just bought and raffled off still but looking at Sekai Project's Facebook they came to an agreement with Steam about getting 18+ material on there.
The next giveaway will be something nicer and will most likely be the enhanced PC version of Corpse Party.

When is that hitting Steam by the way (if there is even a date ballpark from XSEED)?

Chariot

It seems Sekai Project has some more not lewd things coming along as well since it seems like they're picking up Fault Milestone One's prequel as well:

Steins;Gate was released here (I have the limited edition!) but no Steam release because of boneheaded Japanese companies. The ones on the horizon are Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Corpse Party Blood Covered, World End Economica -Complete- (Episode One is on Steam atm.), and Fault Milestone one to my knowledge. Narcissu is up for free if you want to give two short ones a go as well.
Fault's looking good.
waiting on Corpse Party, even if i am not made for horror games.

We'll have plenty of good VNs coming to Steam in the coming years, don't worry about 'em. I want to see old-timer Japanese PC games, like Chitty Chitty Train or anything from Artdink.
Chitty Chitty Trains sounds somewhat silly. :D

Ever17 is in the database would love for that to come out. Though personally I want Katawa Shoujo for a free VN game was all kinda of great to me absolutely loved it.
Ever17? Awesome! I love 999 and heard many good things about Ever17.
And I agree, Katawa Shoujo should totally be on steam with trading cards. I need my Emi smiley.

S;G was released in the west, but still no word of a Steam release. fault milestone one looks really good, really hyped for that to come out.

Now, for the Greenlight parade.

Kendo Crush, looks like it'll be filled with delicious spaghetti.

Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~, sounds sort of promising, but I'm skeptical.

Date Warp, looks sort of decent I guess?

Leviathan: The Last day of the Decade, this looks pretty rad actually, though it looks like more of a point and click instead of a VN, but the dev describes as a VN so there's that.

Shan Gui, Chinese VN, looking forward to seeing what happens with it.

There's DeviantArt Simulator: The Game, but I refuse to speak of this title.

Huniepop, needs no introduction other than this.
Those greenlight projects looking good.

Up for grabs if anybody wants it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ItsGeeMcGee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-41D2A23A291D13B7 - Taken by Speevy. 5 entrants total.

t1405018595z1.png

Speevy

Banned
How is the game? If you were the one who posted impressions before, ignore my question. :)

Well, it's Q-Bert. I remember playing the game in the arcades and NES as a kid.

With that said, I don't know how someone without nostalgia would respond to it. It has original and enhanced modes to account for the new art.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Here's the deal: the two anons who've been playing it on /vr/ tell me it's hardcore.

Game was made by Bit2 for the PC-98, released in 1993. This is what I talk about when I talk about love old Japanese PC games.

Hrmm this seems interesting. Maybe it has a chance since pubs are more willing to use fan translated stuff now?

Speevy

Banned
Battlepillars, which is part of one of those bundles has 8 card drops.

I already made my money back that I spent on Q-Bert. It's cool how you can do that on the newer games.

Hrmm this seems interesting. Maybe it has a chance since pubs are more willing to use fan translated stuff now?
Won't mean much if they can't track down whoever holds the rights for licensing and publishing. Bit2 was a software developer making products for Panasonic on J-PCs, but they had time to release the occasional game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom