• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Not a single post on GAF about Catmouth Island?

268x268.resizedimage

Game's a 3D P&C adventure with low-poly characters running around and doing stuff in a cute, tropical-themed environment (no Jack Keane or Runaway jank to this, though). Very charming...the developer cites N64 games as a visual influence, and the game looks very user-friendly, even if it turns out to be challenging or some stuff.

18 years old and she doesn't know how to ride a bike? disgusting!
Seems like it could be interesting.

Chariot

Okay, the fucking simulator jokes on Greenlight have gone too far. They're not funny anymore.

268x268.resizedimage

I mean, Goat Simulator was a great simulator game because it's a funny parody. This is just a terribly forced joke and a waste of the $100 fee to get on Greenlight.
This is real? Murf.
I hope that they're not so many idiots who think their cool for giving shit like this a thumb up.

Okay, the fucking simulator jokes on Greenlight have gone too far. They're not funny anymore.

268x268.resizedimage

I mean, Goat Simulator was a great simulator game because it's a funny parody. This is just a terribly forced joke and a waste of the $100 fee to get on Greenlight.

What if it had surround sound/Oculus headset support and you had to navigate an environment using audio cues only? Hm?

Hugstable

Banned
Oh right, that reminds me on Paca Plus. How could I forget that?!

Hoping for A Drug That Makes You Dream and My Girlfriend is The President
I already wanted to buy these games from a certain book publisher, but the shipping costs from the US to europe are icky :(

So many Visual Novels. I'm just waiting for one Visual Novel to come and do really great so we get alot more of the good ones on steam. If they release Steins;gate on Steam, not only will I buy myself a copy, but 4 more for giveaways. I need Steins;Gate soooo bad lol. Higurashi would be great also, but I'm still able to play that on my iPad (except with the horrible original art -__-)

268x268.resizedimage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u613pJSLcfk

That delay-gif is just brilliant! And it made me check out their game, too.

Also, thanks to everyone giving input on my name-change. freshVeggie it shall be. Gonna pm stump.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What if it had surround sound/Oculus headset support and you had to navigate an environment using audio cues only? Hm?

That's different because it's actually a game :p

Actually, I think there was an audio only game like that I bought in a bundle at one point, Desura only I think.

This is exactly what it looks like. A "joke" that's not really funny after you've seen something like it for the fifteenth time.

Hugstable

Banned
I think once we get a Simulator Simulator on greenlight, we can finally quit with the Simulator jokes.

We need a Steam shopping Simulator.

M&M's are back and better than ever. Won 3 of the last 4 tries. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Can't wait for the reset today, only won 1/2 yesterday day, and 2/2 the day before. Plus now that I learned I'm able to add the exact 6$ to Steam Wallet thanks to Enhanced Steam so it makes the process even easier.

Nzyme32

Is it just me or does The Wolf Among Us seem shorter than TWDS1 was? I swear TWD episodes were longer than these were...

That's because you are right.

TWD S1 - I get around 2.5 to 3hrs per episode
TWD S2 // TWAU - 1.5 hrs average, one episode was 1hr 15mins, which really annoyed me, you just watch all the acheivements blur by and ... that's it.

Still, fantastic games, so I can't really complain, other than to think that I may not purchase at full price again

GaussTek

LOL at the Black Screen Simulator...

...but wait, according to its Greenlight page, it's going to be free... so the guy just spent $100 to try to publish this "joke" on Steam, and won't get anything in return?...

QBzBuzh.gif

Speevy

Banned
What if you bought our game and nothing was added to your Steam library? Imagine the feelings of hurt, betrayal, and despair you would feel. This is the goal of "Nope", which is available as an early access pre-alpha. $39.99

Enco

Crawl was delayed. Here's an informative GIF explaining why
http://www.powerhoof.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/powerhoof_VS_IRS_big.gif[/i mg][/QUOTE]
Perfect :lol

If only more devs were this fun. No idea what the game is about but I'm interested now.

Cheddahz

Banned

...but wait, according to its Greenlight page, it's going to be free... so the guy just spent $100 to try to publish this "joke" on Steam, and won't get anything in return?...

QBzBuzh.gif

Some people just want their 15 minutes of fame that badly

Helmholtz

Still, fantastic games, so I can't really complain, other than to think that I may not purchase at full price again
Yeah I think the typical ~10 dollars or less steam sale price point is a good one. Full price doesn't really seem worth it for those games, especially since they're delivered in a piecemeal way. Only seems worth it if you're a person who has to have every episode as soon as it's out.

Fox318

QBzBuzh.gif

Hell of an item to put on your Resume.

I have a steam game with 30,000+ installs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hello. did I miss much besides the new humble weekly? I see some games came out that were in bundles (millenium 2, soul gambler) and theres a cool looking fake strider comming soon

Deitus

QBzBuzh.gif

Maybe it will have cards and he'll make his money that way.

Edit: Wait, I guess free games probably only get cards if they have microtransactions.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
14436487258_7b530de740_o.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-858E81B3777A031A - Taken by Chariot. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-3C812C9D72B2E9CB - Taken by Madrugador. 96 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-AF8C5B722B1622AE - Taken by xenoflux2113. 36 entrants total.

t1405041156z1.png

Tizoc

hello. did I miss much besides the new humble weekly? I see some games came out that were in bundles (millenium 2, soul gambler) and theres a cool looking fake strider comming soon

The game corrosivefrost has been waiting for.

Thanks for the heads up!

That reminds me I need to put up the Wayward Manor OT o_O

Actually, I totally forgot that today was the day a new Humble Weekly went up.

I'm not familiar with any of the games -- are any of them worth it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alien russian price actually went up too, glad i bought mine this morning :eek:

Deitus

Hot damn, nbnt with another Alien giveaway.

I appreciate your generosity and all, but please don't bankrupt yourself.
I'm still going to enter though.

Myshkin

Sorry about Sakura Spirit guys! I thought Steam blocked this kinda stuff so I just bought and raffled off still but looking at Sekai Project's Facebook they came to an agreement with Steam about getting 18+ material on there.
The next giveaway will be something nicer and will most likely be the enhanced PC version of Corpse Party.

Let's not be too hasty.
Let's rely on those with 100 hours in Sakura Spirit to judge the game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If I win Sakura Spirit I'll feel morally obliged to play it.

Yeay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom