• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You guys don't mention Enhanced Steam strongly enough.

I mean, I know everybody always posts pictures of it and brags about how great it is and worships the ground jshackles walks on for making it, but somehow I never bothered installing it until recently. And I'm blaming each and every one of you for it taking this long.

edit: Also, Speedrunners. Since it was mentioned above. Everybody needs Enhanced Steam and Speedrunners. Go fix these deficiencies in your life.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Look into the abyss and become it.

Is anyone getting ad redirect on mobile GAF?

Abyss Odyssey. it is more likely to be worth the price of admission

Join the Abyss with us

Argh I need to get Abyss. The hype is getting too
Russian
unbearable.
Yasss
yes_and_tears.gif

Parsnip

Wait what happened to Playfire rewards?

I'm still waiting for my GMG and Playfire account to be linked, have they nerfed it?
They're still giving me free money. I don't even know what I'm getting it for but I got $1.21 right now, I know I had 80c the other day.

Some people were complaining on the previous page, that's all.

There were some changes recently though. http://blog.playfire.com/2014/07/wednesdays-rewards-02072014.html

dot

Haha, such great rounds, thanks for uploading those clips.
Was a blast, with all these different ways to try and mess it up for each other.
I'm sure you both will be real tough opponents anytime soon, just need to know the levels.

Yeah, i'm gonna train hard so i can be awesome like you guys.

To do that i must become someone else.... I must become...something else.

tumblr_mbpm8j4J5x1qddi5do5_r1_250.gif

this is sfw right

Dr Dogg

Talking about favourite games of 2014 so far I wonder what the policy will be with SteanGAFs GOTY awards? So far Resi 4, MGS: Rising and Killer is Dead are high on my fav games (re)played this year. Resi despite being one if the tightest games ever in terms of polish and pacing was a slightly different experience at 60fps, Rising was more of the same but a stable framerate really helped appreciate the encounters and KiD at stupidly high resolutions and 60fps make that game even more awesome.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (8 X 11 Printer Paper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Circuits -- MB-0E0F747341478952 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
Soulbringer -- MB-708543E7130A1FED
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-2D3066641FB2ABFB - Taken by lashman. 2 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-F62A13D40B6AC3D0
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-899806F6EED5A421

t1405121755z1.png

Bought Abyss, be warned one of these games force you to be friends with me....

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Talking about favourite games of 2014 so far I wonder what the policy will be with SteanGAFs GOTY awards? So far Resi 4, MGS: Rising and Killer is Dead are high on my fav games (re)played this year. Resi was a slightly different experience at 60fps, Rising was more of the same but a stable framerate really helped appreciate the encounters and KiD at stupidly high resolutions and 60fps make that game even more awesome.

First time PC releases were counted last year. At least, Spelunky was ranked despite it being released on 360 in 2012.

In most cases I find that "funny" games really don't do much for me humor-wise. But I have to say that the cutscenes in Battleblock Theater are pretty legit funny to me. I won't claim any laughing out loud, but I do actually look forward to the next little skit when clearing a level. Love the voice acting work.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if you could make an actual Waifu Simulator. And by that, I mean you play the waifu. Like, you're an anime woman for hire who has to take jobs in shitty fanservice games and you have to do dumb shit to improve your waifu reputation and get into bigger-budget games and start taking jobs in cross-promotional products and multimedia franchises.

You could even add a whole bunch of sly, self-reflexive commentary and make it a feminist critique of fanservice, or alternately go the opposite route and basically fill it with sexy embarrassment (embare-assment lol)/best girl tropes. Either way, there needs to be a hardcore business management sim behind all this, where you eventually become the owner of your own insanely powerful waifu empire with slovenly otaku audiences eating out of your hands while you drain their wallets. It can be like Euro Truck Simulator 2, where you start out doing your own jobs and eventually work your way up to having a stable full of vocaloid idol groups.

I feel dirty even sketching out the idea this much.

Zafir

Cool, I registered my Playfire account a while back and was silly and used a different e-mail.

I asked about changing it and they said I have to wait for some merging tool that they're gping to release soon...

Yeah same problem. I've got like £12 on my account waiting, but can't use it till they add the merging. Can't believe it's taking so long honestly. You'd think it be one of the first things they'd do.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wonder if you could make an actual Waifu Simulator. And by that, I mean you play the waifu. Like, you're an anime woman for hire who has to take jobs in shitty fanservice games and you have to do dumb shit to improve your waifu reputation and get into bigger-budget games and start taking jobs in cross-promotional products and multimedia franchises.

You could even add a whole bunch of sly, self-reflexive commentary and make it a feminist critique of fanservice, or alternately go the opposite route and basically fill it with sexy embarrassment (embare-assment lol)/best girl tropes. Either way, there needs to be a hardcore business management sim behind all this, where you eventually become the owner of your own insanely powerful waifu empire with slovenly otaku audiences eating out of your hands while you drain their wallets. It can be like Euro Truck Simulator 2, where you start out doing your own jobs and eventually work your way up to having a stable full of vocaloid idol groups.

I feel dirty even sketching out the idea this much.

idolmaster mixed with Love Plus?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys don't mention Enhanced Steam strongly enough.

I mean, I know everybody always posts pictures of it and brags about how great it is and worships the ground jshackles walks on for making it, but somehow I never bothered installing it until recently. And I'm blaming each and every one of you for it taking this long.

edit: Also, Speedrunners. Since it was mentioned above. Everybody needs Enhanced Steam and Speedrunners. Go fix these deficiencies in your life.

Haha awesome. Sometimes I feel like I mention Enhanced Steam too much though.

Also let me know if you run into any issues!

Tizoc

I'm off to bed
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-102BC574341448A0
Ys I & II Chronicles Plus -- MB-DFC1B7FE9DDF5746
Ys Origin -- MB-23379AF818256627

t1405189130z1.png

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Wolf Among Us Episode 1, great game so far, can't wait to continue. Telltales' Game of Thrones game will be huge.

TnK

It gets mentioned from time to time. It does look great.

GAF was killing Astebreed near the end of the Sale.

We've talked about Asstebreed quite a bit during the sale, actually.]

You musta not been there during the last few days of the steam sale.

Yup!

what are yu talking about

we talk about assebreed all the time

that one picture also gets posted quite often too

It was pretty big during the end of the sale. I actually made it to the final boss myself, but I'm still not victorious. Great SHMUP gmae
Well, Guess I was wrong. I googled for an OT, and found nothing. Either GAF hates Shmups, or it did not get coverage outside the steam thread. Good to see it got exposure though, more games like it would be awesome.

Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.mediacru.sh/CW_Nu8DcoR6K.jpg[/IMG]
I guess this is game over since I achieved max harem crew level.
Anyway, the game itself is atrocious, the characters are worse then generic and the graphics besides the VN parts would be laughed at even during PS1 era.

dot

i've been meaning to, its on the netflix queue and everything

Haha, i've been trying to get everyone i know into the show. I think it's on corrosivefrost's queue too since i urged him to watch it. :)

lol dat Dunder taunt. Sometimes his controller goes out and it taunts for him, but that last one had to be legit.

I really gotta change the taunt button to something else. I accidentally pressed it in an earlier match today when i meant to use my weapon. lol

Well, Guess I was wrong. I googled for an OT, and found nothing. Either GAF hates Shmups, or it did not get coverage outside the steam thread. Good to see it got exposure though, more games like it would be awesome.

I think Skyfireblaze was making one a few days ago but he hasn't posted it yet. Probably busy with stuff.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ReignMaker -- MB-011A5B9DF2BB47E0 - Taken by Aitor. 4 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity -- MB-0242D4901368E759 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 5 entrants total.

t1405122774z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Haha awesome. Sometimes I feel like I mention Enhanced Steam too much though.

Also let me know if you run into any issues!

I don't mean to get all testimonial in here, but the small UI improvements all just add up to so much. I made that post after I saw a coupon notification on the sales page for a game. I never knew I wanted that feature.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Code:
Anyway, the game itself is atrocious, the characters are worse then generic and the graphics besides the VN parts would be laughed at even during PS1 era.

It gets that bad? I thought it was okay for the hour or so I played of it.

Code:

But it has a moody looking white hair girl how can it be bad!?

Hugstable

Banned

If you like SHMUP, you should also check out Crimzon Clover, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Jamestown and Ikaruga are all on steam as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom