• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I don't know if anybody has ever told you this, but you're good people.

Anybody who doesn't even enter this raffle, I don't have such kind things to say to you. I hold no grudge though. Your own self punishment when you finally play Speedrunners will be enough.

this is a trap to get everyone throttled

I think like every other human being red heads are hot but I in particularly loathe Felicia Day. (Some redheads get away with some things just cause they look good too but thats another story but can be connected to Felicia's appeal)The Dragon Age episodes and DLC with her *barfs*

I somehow think your statement only applies to non-red head MEN (or women) who are attracted to WOMEN. :p

For the record, I don't think I ever get away with anything due to the color of my hair.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That moment when someone says "Hey thanks for Enhanced Steam, if you see anything in my inventory you'd like, let me know."

*looks in inventory*

*sees a gift copy of Blur*

Guy says "oh, besides Blur."

So close...

It was between this and Bad Rats for my 100th game, but I went with the Witcher and thought I'd share the love. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ItsGeeMcGee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-5ED7EF6538AAF063 - Taken by WinterDemons. 105 entrants total.

t1405135975z1.png

Volotaire

That moment when someone says "Hey thanks for Enhanced Steam, if you see anything in my inventory you'd like, let me know."

*looks in inventory*

*sees a gift copy of Blur*

Guy says "oh, besides Blur."

So close...

Eh, Blur isn't even worth it. A poor man's Mario Kart.

Frologic

Thanks for that list Dusk Golem. I've been exploring more horror games lately and i've never heard of a lot of those. Recently played Betrayer and I loved it, can't even think of anything I really disliked about it (may be a bit repetitive but it ends before it gets too stale). The Cat Lady was top notch too, glad to see other people enjoyed it as much as i did.

inm8num2

If you don't mind, Dusk Golem, I'd like to piggy back off your comments on a few games as you got me excited. :D

header_292x136.jpg

The Cat Lady
A strange but very interesting horror adventure game about a woman who can't kill herself until she destroys several people on this Earth who are 'parasites', a task given by the Queen of Maggots. Great music, great story, unique style.

One of the best adventure games I've played the past few years. Dark, disturbing, gruesome, and unforgettable.

header_292x136.jpg

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
A horror adventure classic with an interesting story with dark themes, involving a computer who takes the role of god to humanity and shows us our sins. Messed-up, especially for the mid-90s, and has some interesting adventure gameplay and concepts.

I love this game - it has an awesome story and some interesting puzzles. One drawback is that the game has some dead ends, and the end game is pretty damn difficult (at least, it was for me), but it's absolutely worth playing.

If someone's interested, here is the short story on which the game was based. In fact, Harlan Ellison provided the voice of the superocomputer AM in the game.

header_292x136.jpg

The Lost Crown
This is actually a fairly spooky game about investigating into ghosts. Some good adventure gameplay, interesting look, and legitimately creepy in places.

I think this game is pretty underrated - glad to see you mention it! Fairly lengthy and a bit of backtracking, but a really engaging journey with some interesting lore. Genuinely spooky.

header_292x136.jpg

Scratches: Director's Cut
A truly great point'n'click adventure horror game with fantastic audio, atmosphere, and puzzles. It gets creepier and creepier as it goes along, great build-up.

Lovecraftian to the bone. This is a great adventure game. It's a bit of a slow burn at first, but the storytelling is really well done. Pretty good puzzles, too.

I'd like to toss one more in there:

header_292x136.jpg

Realms of the Haunting
One of the best action-adventure games I've ever played. Awesome story with horror elements. Surprisingly well done FMV with live actors. Tons of gameplay. Good mix of action and puzzle solving.

Ionic

It was between this and Bad Rats for my 100th game, but I went with the Witcher and thought I'd share the love. Good luck!

Save Bad Rats for #1000! You may want to post that giveaway again though, generosity like that doesn't deserve to languish at the end of a page.

BHK3

Banned
How do I use modbot to send a steam game I have in my inventory? I only see keys/humble bundles and buying from the store and storing it in a email in the tutorial.

saunderez

I'm going for it! 7 bajillionth Witcher 3 raffle I've entered, I've gotta win eventually right? I mean statistics and stuff....bah who am I kidding lol.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How do I use modbot to send a steam game I have in my inventory? I only see keys/humble bundles and buying from the store and storing it in a email in the tutorial.

send the gift but choose to send it to an email, then follow the same instructions from the "Buy and send to email" part

Dingotech

Send as a gift to your own e-mail.

Copy the link from the e-mail at the bottom, remove everthing after the question mark from the link including the question mark.

The instructions are in the Modbot post.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If you don't mind, Dusk Golem, I'd like to piggy back off your comments on a few games as you got me excited. :D

One of the best adventure games I've played the past few years. Dark, disturbing, gruesome, and unforgettable.

I love this game - it has an awesome story and some interesting puzzles. One drawback is that the game has some dead ends, and the end game is pretty damn difficult (at least, it was for me), but it's absolutely worth playing.

If someone's interested, here is the short story on which the game was based. In fact, Harlan Ellison provided the voice of the superocomputer AM in the game.

I think this game is pretty underrated - glad to see you mention it! Fairly lengthy and a bit of backtracking, but a really engaging journey with some interesting lore. Genuinely spooky.

Lovecraftian to the bone. This is a great adventure game. It's a bit of a slow burn at first, but the storytelling is really well done. Pretty good puzzles, too.

I'd like to toss one more in there:

header_292x136.jpg

Realms of the Haunting
One of the best action-adventure games I've ever played. Awesome story with horror elements. Surprisingly well done FMV with live actors. Tons of gameplay. Good mix of action and puzzle solving.

Don't mind at all, and I still need to play quite a few, including Realm of Haunting.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I've seen lots of speak of Speedrunners on the last pages...

Let me first say, yes, DunderHassan is a golden god at SpeedRacers
And I hate him for it... I WILL GET YOU!!!

And it's an awesome and MUCH overlooked game that much more people should play...

Imo it's in the the top five of multiplayer games on Steam

Great list Dusk Golem.
Always thought 7 days to die was really bad. But you make it sound good.
And never heard of cat lady before. Looks disturbing and interesting.

On Speedrunner; Dunder is a beast and was costantly taunting Daedalos and me. lol
No wonder he said he'll give a game to the one defeating him. It's nigh impossible.

Mono

header_292x136.jpg

Anodyne
Not strictly a horror game, but definitely has its moments. Like Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening meets Yume Nikki, very strange surreal feeling matched with some dream-like and nightmarish moments.

I liked the premise of Anodyne but really disliked the game and that I payed $5 for it. Maybe it's better if you got it in a bundle for less.

It's very Zelda-like though, in the fact that you basically just run around and explore; there aren't many things telling you where to go.

Jawmuncher

Wanted to just practice some CS:GO so I decided
"Hey let me just go to private match that should put me into a game with bots"
Ended up in a competitive match with 30 rounds. Left after 10.

Hugstable

Banned

Send the game to your email and copy the link that you get at the bottom. Just copy what you get up until the question mark (?) and send that over to Modbot

oipic

Ooh, the extra AI personalities are being added to Divinity: OS next week?

Wondering whether I should hold off, and not get stuck into it until then, given I haven't had the chance to begin playing it yet.

I have a modbot question. It says to copy the giveaway line exactly, but does it matter if I copy the "hot" icon? It ends up just being a blank space and I'm not sure if I should leave it (or it probably doesn't matter).

dot

I think like every other human being red heads are hot but I in particularly loathe Felicia Day. (Some redheads get away with some things just cause they look good too but thats another story but can be connected to Felicia's appeal)The Dragon Age episodes and DLC with her *barfs*

NxQvKQy.png

That's a piece of poop btw, not chocolate icecream.

LvOAzIK.png

I put it dead last in my wishlist, under the terrible Strider and Deus Ex: The Fall.

#rekt #yolo #tb4l

I wrote just that in the gift message. :p

Ah, okay! :D ♥

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Dunder is a beast and was costantly taunting Daedalos and me. lol
No wonder he said he'll give a game to the one defeating him. It's nigh impossible.

I beat him some month ago... he gifted me State of Decay :p
thanks again for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom