• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tabletop Simulator -- MB-01C0DE3A74EBD98A - Taken by deejay. 11 entrants total.

t1405000109z1.png

Again really love this game so please do play it! Check out the workshop it is just fantastic!

Games.

Both 1000 Amps and Tec are pretty cool, Battlepillars is a Ok Tug-of-war game and the WW2 is a strategy game with a pretty decent rep.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

1000 Amps -- MB-269CE7AAE67C7773 - Taken by Gianni Merryman
T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-D9F81167963C6A9C - Taken by Saty
Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-B2034CF0ECA5B858 - Taken by Aitor
Battlepillars Gold Edition -- MB-0E1424B9BC2361FC - Taken by Purkake4

wetflame

Pizza Dog
it's fantastic!

never played it

I kickstarted it, it's got very high production values, but it feels a little emptier in terms of items/puzzles/combinability in a way I can't really describe. I think because it's split into two parts (with the two different characters, and then also two acts) there's fewer items each character can have, and so less possibilities for combinations etc. Compared to the old Lucasarts games where you'd be collecting loads of items and there'd always be stuff to do with them, in this case you'd end up with far fewer items, so figuring out what to do becomes a little easier.

Having said that, the story is interesting, the game looks amazing, and I really enjoyed playing through the first act and can't wait for the second. If you're a fan of point and click style adventures you should definitely pick it up.

yGray

Banned
I kickstarted it, it's got very high production values, but it feels a little emptier in terms of items/puzzles/combinability in a way I can't really describe. I think because it's split into two parts (with the two different characters, and then also two acts) there's fewer items each character can have, and so less possibilities for combinations etc. Compared to the old Lucasarts games where you'd be collecting loads of items and there'd always be stuff to do with them, in this case you'd end up with far fewer items, so figuring out what to do becomes a little easier.

Having said that, the story is interesting, the game looks amazing, and I really enjoyed playing through the first act and can't wait for the second. If you're a fan of point and click style adventures you should definitely pick it up.

I used to play lots of point and click games back in the day but now it's all about presentation and story. I can only stand playing adventure games like Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead. How would you compare it to those?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
don't think so but me and another bunch of gaffers play every couple of days with whatever we find on the workshop!

Seems to have 28 concurrent players at the moment, so I'm guessing it's another one of those dead on arrival MP only games. Too bad because I really wanted to play Munchkin as I have no RL friends that are into pen and paper rpgs

yuraya

So what are the humblebundle all time records? They are now over 250k bundles of these 2K bundles sold in just 2 days :O. That is crazy. But anyways yea great bundle. Humble redeemed themselves no doubt. Hopefully they can keep up the consistency for the rest of the year.

fantomena

God bless Putin.

Jerry sold me Alien: Isolation for 26$. it costs 45€ in Norway. 45€ = 61$.

Mmmmm.

So what are the humblebundle all time records? They are now over 250k bundles of these 2K bundles sold in just 2 days :O. That is crazy. But anyways yea great bundle. Humble redeemed themselves no doubt. Hopefully they can keep up the consistency for the rest of the year.

Origin bundle sold over 2 million.

Arthea

What's SteamGAF's opinion on BROKEN AGE?

It's not what I expected... not saying it is bad or anything, just not sure I should have bought it.
It feels somewhat childish and not really funny even when tries to be and gameplay is somewhat lacking. OTOH, it looks nice and many people seem to like it, only not on the level "the best thing ever". What I mean, with expectations in check, it's a good game.

I think if you like old school point and click games you'll enjoy it

I'm not sure this statement is true, actually.
Not that I dislike it, like Telltales games for example, but something really seems off in Broken Age.

Broken Age also recently added controller support, which is kinda weird for a 2d point and click adventure game but very much appreciated.

Personally, i'm holding out until it's a complete package before playing it. After buying the walking dead season 1 after the first episode came out and impatiently waiting for each episode to come out, i just rather marathon games instead of kinda forgetting things in between chapters and having the experience lose some of its steam (no pun intended).

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Whoa, just woke up and noticed that I have a tag now, and it's in reference to my favorite character from my favorite TV show. This is just.. incredible. Thanks. D:

DogMeat77

Seems to have 28 concurrent players at the moment, so I'm guessing it's another one of those dead on arrival MP only games. Too bad because I really wanted to play Munchkin as I have no RL friends that are into pen and paper rpgs

You are welcome to play with us. We have 4-6 people that play everything from Love Letter to Guess Who lol.

If you end up winning it or own it, add Quiche or I to your friends list.

I don't really think any of us have played Munchkin but we've all talked about it several times before.

Uzzy

"2014". No pre-purchase option just yet.

I sure am glad that's coming out, but new Lara's face on old Lara's body/outfit looks weird. It probably also won't have Keeley Hawes doing the voice work.

Still, it's the game I was most hyped about from E3, so I'll be getting it day 1.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I used to play lots of point and click games back in the day but now it's all about presentation and story. I can only stand playing adventure games like Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead. How would you compare it to those?

The art style is like a painting come to life, so it looks fantastic. It's definitely more old school in the controlling of the game, you don't have direct control over the characters like in TWAU and TWD, but if that's not an issue I'm sure you'll be fine. The story is good, but it can feel a bit disconnected at times, act 1 definitely ends in a very intriguing way though that sets up some interesting stuff for the next part.

Lomax

Origin bundle had over $10 million in total sales, but it had the whole "all for charity" angle going for it that brought out some large donors. Though thus far the average price for this 2k bundle is higher.

What's your favourite rhythm game on Steam? Mine is definitely Space Channel 5 part 2.
r9ngbWp.png

Sequence is the only rhythm game I've ever stuck with and is a truly unique take on the genre.

Sofa King

Whoa, just woke up and noticed that I have a tag now, and it's in reference to my favorite character from my favorite TV show. This is just.. incredible. Thanks. D:

That is pretty awesome! There really is no TV show that was better than LOST for me. Congrats!

Jawmuncher

Have you been adding them directly to steam? Every new payment method will lock you out. Adding them to Paypal has been the best route so far.

Yeah I've been adding directly.
Ill do that if I win another.

--------

Also for those of you winning cards with nothing wait a few days. The card I won Monday just today got the cash put on.

pahamrick

I know this has happened to JShackles too, but if anyone else has won a card through M&Ms and it had no funds on it, try again. The card I won last week that had no funds worked a few minutes ago.

Lomax

Yeah I've been adding directly.
Ill do that if I win another.

--------

Also for those of you winning cards with nothing wait a few days. The card I won Monday just today got the cash put on.

I called them yesterday and they said there was an IT problem affecting the cards, maybe they finally fixed it.

yuraya

Origin bundle sold over 2 million.

Looks like it was the EA/origin one with over 2.1mil bundles and 10mil in sales!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Humble_Bundles

Origin bundle had over $10 million in total sales, but it had the whole "all for charity" angle going for it that brought out some large donors. Though thus far the average price for this 2k bundle is higher.

Yea that EA bundle is gonna be hard to top. It wasn't even that impressive of a bundle tbh. This bundle is going to need some help to reach 2 million lol. Sid Meier and Lebron James may do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom