• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know this has happened to JShackles too, but if anyone else has won a card through M&Ms and it had no funds on it, try again. The card I won last week that had no funds worked a few minutes ago.

Thanks for the heads up. I've got a couple of cards I've won and I saved the PDF files so I'll try again soon and let you know how it goes.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat Rogue Legacy. What an amazing game. Now to decide whether to go on to NG+ or try and find a new game to play...

Have you played Shovel Knight?

Whoa, just woke up and noticed that I have a tag now, and it's in reference to my favorite character from my favorite TV show. This is just.. incredible. Thanks. D:

It was probably your bad rats gift to me that finally triggered it :D <3

oipic

Whoa, just woke up and noticed that I have a tag now, and it's in reference to my favorite character from my favorite TV show. This is just.. incredible. Thanks. D:

Great tag, most fitting and very well deserved, nbnt. :)

Our resident bestower of tags (Stump?) is in fine form and doing great work.

SteamGAF <3

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Speaking of badges, the Legend of Dungeon ones are awesome:

82f383612bdba7f711280f47341c533a674c3ed6.png
4ade78976ed3c0fd42b9886dc6d297d76aaca811.png
a199a127156e6c80a8e54ec33a1be8e720dc67e8.png
0b9baabb9633e8e8d19cbdb580604fa0b7464ca8.png
5d71a7ed0022497c1e7f3d90061823d55e3fe95a.png
892c6f712d0c9a5869e9a2137e59e3bd4d5f9bed.png

I love when the badges are awesome little bits of artwork and not just rendered character heads or the same logo 5 times over. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I love the art style anyway.

Edit: Plus they have a unicorn fart emoticon, so there's that.

fWFc82js0fmoRAP-qOIPu5THSWqfSmTELLqcUywUlj3Hz8JQD_k62zmnzAEbeQUdVBitsTVCj831QvuYDe0T1IhmvcINiXk4kwN_MeazZjI2JwGaBPQNBPFuoQzvW3Ng7pY7AYDmo7lSf1rqtdbGLfByZ8g2bW2_

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What should I use for my Ps3 controller since people saying DS3 Tool and Motioninjoy should be avoided?

What should I use for my Ps3 controller since people saying DS3 Tool and Motioninjoy should be avoided?

I've been using better DS3 on my laptop and haven't had any issues, though it may use the Motioninjoy driver. Let me see if I can find where I got it from

edit: yeah, it uses the Motioninjoy driver, so maybe not what you are looking for. Sorry!

Not sure why but most of my origin games freak out if i load them from steam, in crysis 3 the framerate tanks and the program just seems to be unstable and Need for speed rivals either doesnt work or runs at 2-3fps. They run fine running them from origin is it maybe the steam overlay causing issues?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
nice tag and well-deserved :)
well you certainly earned it nbnt
beautiful
:')
Well deserved! Great giveaways yesterday!
Excellent tag, it's well deserved
That is pretty awesome! There really is no TV show that was better than LOST for me. Congrats!
Absolutely well deserved :)
Well deserved, and that's an awesome tag, too. I love it.
Great tag, most fitting and very well deserved, nbnt. :)

Our resident bestower of tags (Stump?) is in fine form and doing great work.

SteamGAF <3
Thanks guys! I'm unworthy of your kindness. You're all amazing, SteamGAF. <3
nbnt, we have to go baaaaaaack
ivbEo00.jpg

Amzin

Speaking of badges, the Legend of Dungeon ones are awesome:

82f383612bdba7f711280f47341c533a674c3ed6.png
4ade78976ed3c0fd42b9886dc6d297d76aaca811.png
a199a127156e6c80a8e54ec33a1be8e720dc67e8.png
0b9baabb9633e8e8d19cbdb580604fa0b7464ca8.png
5d71a7ed0022497c1e7f3d90061823d55e3fe95a.png
892c6f712d0c9a5869e9a2137e59e3bd4d5f9bed.png

I love when the badges are awesome little bits of artwork and not just rendered character heads or the same logo 5 times over. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I love the art style anyway.

Edit: Plus they have a unicorn fart emoticon, so there's that.

fWFc82js0fmoRAP-qOIPu5THSWqfSmTELLqcUywUlj3Hz8JQD_k62zmnzAEbeQUdVBitsTVCj831QvuYDe0T1IhmvcINiXk4kwN_MeazZjI2JwGaBPQNBPFuoQzvW3Ng7pY7AYDmo7lSf1rqtdbGLfByZ8g2bW2_

Oh man. I've started using Steam chat more with my friends/family just so I can use the emoticons I end up with (Gunpoint's face-punch being the true catalyst). I think I need that...

Cth

It's my birthday today and I have some steam cash to spend so I'm looking for some recommendations:

Two game recommendations under $10, something I might like and one to give away..

RyanDG

So, I've spent the last three weeks playing Galactic Civilization II on an immense map with the highest number of factions available. I successfully united my corner of the galaxy with religious and military zeal (think the Fremen from Dune), and then bam - out of nowhere a bunch of Peace Keepers jumped right into the heart of my religious expansion path. At first, I didn't think it was going to be a problem, but over the course of the last few dozen turns they have completely decimated a lot of my paths that I've been using to indoctrinate local populations. I've never experienced this event before, but I am now officially going to have to rethink my strategy.

I really can't wait for Gal Civ III's release... At least II can still surprise me occasionally until then.

Dr Dogg

Of course, Guardian of Light came out nearly 4 years ago.

Hahaha no silly. Sorry I should have clarified my statement better. There is a lot more going on in the levels and objects in the background than Guardian of Light. Like an added layer of polish and the little touches to add character to the design. Nothing in the trailers on the store page strike me as technically challenging 6 or 7 years ago let alone 4 but it seems like extra care is going into this game than GoL.

Guardian of Light had some stages that were a bit more open and some of the puzzles have a bit of flare about them but for me most of the environments were very samey, colour pallet was very dull outside of character designs and overall design wise came across as quite flat by the end. The trailer for Temple of Osiris is much more vibrant than anything in GoL in just colour alone. Some of the puzzles look to be what shape the environment than just pot jumping or crumbling floors that blend into the environment otherwise.

Congratz on the tag nbnt. Have you noticed that nice people, who do nice things get nice tags where as silly people, who do silly things get tags that show everyone how silly they have been? There's a lesson for you folks.

rtcn63

Didn't care for Lost, and it's only notable in my mind because apparently the ending resembles
that of Ashes to Ashes.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's my birthday today and I have some steam cash to spend so I'm looking for some recommendations:

Two game recommendations under $10, something I might like and one to give away..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Do yourself a favor and get Steamworld Dig and Wizorb.

Or treat yo'self to a Ys. Aw Ys.

pahamrick

Good game? Good game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for pahamrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Velocity Ultra -- MB-6459CF839432C38F - Taken by celsowmbr

wagamer

I won a mystery game! How do I know what it is though? :D Does Steam notify me if I have it already when I enter the key to the library?

And thanks whoever the donator was!
To answer my own question if there's somebody who wonders the same, you seem to see the game name when Steam prompts you to install it after reminding that you already own the game.

On a related note, I should be playing those awesome games I've won from the giveaways, but I can't stop playing Banished. Such a good game.

Hanzou

Anyone had it where you buy a game as a gift for it to go straight into your inventory but then nothing shows up? Happened to me with a game I bought on the last day of the sale. Purchase transaction shows bit o teach of the game whatsoever.

Amzin

That sucks, when will valve implement some kind of age check or something and allow for mature content?

Also stupid double standards, in a game you can decapitate or use really gruesome violence and valve won't complain, but a little nudity and they go nuts.

It's because Valve is an American company and that's how things are over here for some reason. Which sucks, I'd much rather see gratuitous boobies than gratuitous blood splatters.

StAidan

I was thinking with these mystery game giveaways, it might be kind of nice if ModBot had an optional MYSTERY rule, where you could enter the actual game names in your "register" PM, but the new rule would cause all of the games in the giveaway to show up as mystery games. Then ModBot could do one (or both) of the following:

(1) Reveal the game name in the post edit after the raffle is over
(2) Reveal the game name to the winner via PM

A feature like that could prevent "wasted" Humble Links, for example, where a winner already owns the game but can't possibly know it until they use the link, thereby rendering it useless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That sucks, when will valve implement some kind of age check or something and allow for mature content?

Also stupid double standards, in a game you can decapitate or use really gruesome violence and valve won't complain, but a little nudity and they go nuts.

Soon... ish.

Woah, JaseC and nbnt got tags?
Well deserved. Congrats to both of you. And they are so very well fitting, too.

<3

Shadownet

Banned
Woah, JaseC and nbnt got tags?
Well deserved. Congrats to both of you. And they are so very well fitting, too.

Am I the only one that thought JaseC tag is perfect to a T?

"Give away the keys to the kingdom" like damn. That's beautiful whoever is the mod that did that.

DogMeat77

It's because Valve is an American company and that's how things are over here for some reason. Which sucks, I'd much rather see gratuitous boobies than gratuitous blood splatters.

You're a monster. Please think about the children. Decapitations and gratuitous murder is fine but a nipple might fuck a person up.

masterkajo

While writting this I got a call from a guy with indian accent speaking English (not the native language here) saying he is from Microsoft and my PC is infected. I should give him remote access so he can delete it. He will guide me through the process. I told him I don't own a PC and he hung up. Weird.

Anyway, I have a little problem and figured maybe some tech savy guy here could help me. I want to try out the steam in-home streaming from my PC to a Laptop in the living room. My problem is this: I have a LAN connection where my host PC is connected to and a WLAN router that is also connected to the LAN. The laptop uses the WLAN router to get access to the subnet of the WLAN router and from there has internet access. But the two PCs never see eachother either for sharing files via windows nor in Steam for in-home streaming.

Anyone got any ideas on how to allow in-home streaming (and preferably also windows video sharing) from different subnets? Would help me a lot.

Levyne

Banned
Congrats JaseC!

That first isometric Lara Croft game was one of the first local co-op games I played since getting back into playing games on a pc. So much fun, and I enjoyed it a lot more than the series reboot (even though I say that know the games are largely not comparable). Looking forward to Osiris.

Am I the only one that thought JaseC tag is perfect to a T?

"Give away the keys to the kingdom" like damn. That's beautiful whoever is the mod that did that.

Both great tags. Maybe when the mods get around to giving you one it can be "Jack Shepherd to nbnt's John Locke"

pahamrick

While writting this I got a call from a guy with indian accent speaking English (not the native language here) saying he is from Microsoft and my PC is infected. I should give him remote access so he can delete it. He will guide me through the process. I told him I don't own a PC and he hung up. Weird.

That's a new scam going around, I saw on the local news an older woman in Mobile, AL got hit with that. Once they got in her computer they held it hostage and demanded money, and kept deleting personal photos and other data when she wouldn't immediately pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom