• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagamer

I was thinking with these mystery game giveaways, it might be kind of nice if ModBot had an optional MYSTERY rule, where you could enter the actual game names in your "register" PM, but the new rule would cause all of the games in the giveaway to show up as mystery games. Then ModBot could do one (or both) of the following:

(1) Reveal the game name in the post edit after the raffle is over
(2) Reveal the game name to the winner via PM

A feature like that could prevent "wasted" Humble Links, for example, where a winner already owns the game but can't possibly know it until they use the link, thereby rendering it useless.

Definitely would be a good feature. (1) would be useful for the giver too, in case they had to track down games that no one happened to claim.

Amzin

Anyway, I have a little problem and figured maybe some tech savy guy here could help me. I want to try out the steam in-home streaming from my PC to a Laptop in the living room. My problem is this: I have a LAN connection where my host PC is connected to and a WLAN router that is also connected to the LAN. The laptop uses the WLAN router to get access to the subnet of the WLAN router and from there has internet access. But the two PCs never see eachother either for sharing files via windows nor in Steam for in-home streaming.

Anyone got any ideas on how to allow in-home streaming (and preferably also windows video sharing) from different subnets? Would help me a lot.

While I am by no means a network admin, subnets by nature are designed to function as separate networks, so if they're on different subnets you may be out of luck, unless you just plug your PC into the WLAN router.

There is probably some crazy network fu to unify two subnets but if so it's well beyond my training.

masterkajo

That's a new scam going around, I saw on the local news an older woman in Mobile, AL got hit with that. Once they got in her computer they held it hostage and demanded money, and kept deleting personal photos and other data when she wouldn't immediately pay up.

Oh, well. Thought as much. Since I know my way around my own PC. Figured it was likely a scam and therefore said I don't own a PC. Since he immediately hung up I figured I did the right thing.

While I am by no means a network admin, subnets by nature are designed to function as separate networks, so if they're on different subnets you may be out of luck, unless you just plug your PC into the WLAN router.

There is probably some crazy network fu to unify two subnets but if so it's well beyond my training.

Yeah, I also know my share about computers and networks but I don't know how to unify those two. I can't put them in the same subnet physically because of the cables and locations in the house. I will try, maybe I find something in the vasteness of the internet. I mean, there has to be a way.

Shadownet

Banned
Both great tags. Maybe when the mods get around to giving you one it can be "Jack Shepherd to nbnt's John Locke"

dont kill me.. I never watch Lost. So I don't get that reference. lol

--------------

On a side note. I already played and platinum Saints Row The Third on PS3.

never played Saints Row IV before. Which one should I get on Steam? kinda wanna get 3rd since I love that game but I never play IV before.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, just woke up and noticed that I have a tag now, and it's in reference to my favorite character from my favorite TV show. This is just.. incredible. Thanks. D:
Congrats on the tag!

Hey, you too. Those are well deserved.

It's my birthday today and I have some steam cash to spend so I'm looking for some recommendations:

Two game recommendations under $10, something I might like and one to give away..
Happy birthday, hope you have a great day today!

AHA-Lambda

While writting this I got a call from a guy with indian accent speaking English (not the native language here) saying he is from Microsoft and my PC is infected. I should give him remote access so he can delete it. He will guide me through the process. I told him I don't own a PC and he hung up. Weird.

Anyway, I have a little problem and figured maybe some tech savy guy here could help me. I want to try out the steam in-home streaming from my PC to a Laptop in the living room. My problem is this: I have a LAN connection where my host PC is connected to and a WLAN router that is also connected to the LAN. The laptop uses the WLAN router to get access to the subnet of the WLAN router and from there has internet access. But the two PCs never see eachother either for sharing files via windows nor in Steam for in-home streaming.

Anyone got any ideas on how to allow in-home streaming (and preferably also windows video sharing) from different subnets? Would help me a lot.

Totally sounds like a scam.

Tizoc

Soul Gambler is releasing soon on Steam and was on sale on IndieGameStand, no Steam key is up yet but check back by release date and you should find it.

...and I see that 10 people in my friend list each do not own any of the 3 Ys games...

Lomax

dont kill me.. I never watch Lost. So I don't get that reference. lol

--------------

On a side note. I already played and platinum Saints Row The Third on PS3.

never played Saints Row IV before. Which one should I get on Steam? kinda wanna get 3rd since I love that game but I never play IV before.

Just get the complete pack when it's on sale again and be sure to play Saints Row 2 as well, it's arguably the best of the bunch (once you get it running correctly).

Altazor

Oh, well. Thought as much. Since I know my way around my own PC. Figured it was likely a scam and therefore said I don't own a PC. Since he immediately hung up I figured I did the right thing.

yeah, it was a scam. this guy at the General Discussion side got hit by the same thing, though he thought he "almost" got scammed... he got scammed, period. And installed bad shit on his computer. Don't do that. At least you hung up :)

While writting this I got a call from a guy with indian accent speaking English (not the native language here) saying he is from Microsoft and my PC is infected. I should give him remote access so he can delete it. He will guide me through the process. I told him I don't own a PC and he hung up. Weird.

I get them once a week at least. I tend to screw with them, ask them how to turn on my computer? Why does it say Wang on my computer? But my computer isn't connected to my TV? etc... If you annoy them enough, they even call back and abuse you!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was thinking with these mystery game giveaways, it might be kind of nice if ModBot had an optional MYSTERY rule, where you could enter the actual game names in your "register" PM, but the new rule would cause all of the games in the giveaway to show up as mystery games. Then ModBot could do one (or both) of the following:

(1) Reveal the game name in the post edit after the raffle is over
(2) Reveal the game name to the winner via PM

A feature like that could prevent "wasted" Humble Links, for example, where a winner already owns the game but can't possibly know it until they use the link, thereby rendering it useless.

Yeah, I think that would be awesome. I gave away a few mystery games yesterday and there was a lot of speculation as to what those were. This morning I got a PM from one of the winners saying he hadn't had a chance to redeem the game yet but the suspense was killing him.

I think it would be nice if Modbot did both (1) and (2). The PM would be the usual one "You win Dead Island 3!" and it would also edit the thread when it posted the winner and put in the name of the game. Like "Mystery Game #1 - Taken by JaseC (It was Wheelman)"

That would be great actually, everyone would know what the other person won, or what they missed out on.

Also - congrats to JaseC and nbnt for getting your tags! Well deserved.
Now if I could just get the video link in mine fixed.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It is.

Hanging up is the best thing you can do.

Well, that's if you don't think that wasting their time forever on the phone so that they can't call anyone else is a better idea. My brother has people call up weekly doing this sort of stuff, he loves acting out going through the stages but getting things wrong. "I can't find what you said, is this an internet thing?" "Oh it says I have to do a restart, do you mind waiting?"

Yeah, I think that would be awesome. I gave away a few mystery games yesterday and there was a lot of speculation as to what those were. This morning I got a PM from one of the winners saying he hadn't had a chance to redeem the game yet but the suspense was killing him.

That was me, haha. Thanks for Nascar 2013 by the way!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, that's if you don't think that wasting their time forever on the phone so that they can't call anyone else is a better idea. My brother has people call up weekly doing this sort of stuff, he loves acting out going through the stages but getting things wrong. "I can't find what you said, is this an internet thing?" "Oh it says I have to do a restart, do you mind waiting?"

Haha that sounds like this guy. He keeps the fraudsters and telemarketers on the phone for as long as possible in the most ridiculous of ways.

That was me, haha. Thanks for Nascar 2013 by the way!

No problem! Enjoy!

Same thing happened to me about a year ago & I gave the exact same response which seemed to confuse the fuck out of him. Also, when I get those "Nigerian Prince" emails they put the whole thing in the subject line in full caps.

Momentary

Banned
What is this and how do I get it?
Throwing money at the screen doesn't seem to be working.

I need this now.

A quick search tell me the game had the development stopped but I guess the developers are back on working in this game.

Yeah this looks like a blast.

This looks awesome where can I pre order this from?

It's called "The Iconoclasts" and it's been in constant development for over 2 years. That's because it's only 1 person that's doing all the work. You can go to Konjak's Tumblr page here for the most recent stuff on the game.

http://konjakonjak.tumblr.com/

I've been waiting on this game ever since I went on my first deployment.

It's called "The Iconoclasts" and it's been in constant development for over 2 years. That's because it's only 1 person that's doing all the work. You can go to Konjak's Tumblr page here for the most recent stuff on the game.

http://konjakonjak.tumblr.com/

I've been waiting on this game ever since I went on my first deployment.

Needs to be on Greenlight.
Immediately.

Edit: Did this guy make Noitu Love 2?

jshackles

Oh man this talk of telemarketers and scammers. Made me re-watch this video (NSFW language) so funny.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Macgicka Complete Bundle

Includes base game + 21 DLCs:
Magicka: Wizard's Survival Kit, Magicka: Vietnam, Magicka: Marshlands, Magicka: Nippon, Magicka: Final Frontier, Magicka: The Watchtower, Magicka: Frozen Lake, Magicka: Party Robes, Magicka: Gamer Bundle, Magicka: The Stars Are Left, Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack, Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack, Magicka: Lonely Island Cruise, Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin, Magicka: Mega Villain Robes, Magicka: Aspiring Musician Robes, Magicka: Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack, Magicka: Heirlooms Item Pack, Magicka: Grimnir's Laboratory, Magicka: Dungeons and Daemons, Magicka: Tower of Niflheim

4,39€

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-magicka-bundle/

Anustart

I guess I'm permanently boned from adding new payment options? Ever since those mm cards, I get unexpected error if I try to pay with my other card.

Jawmuncher

Didn't the Konami Rep say there was a high chance for cards to be added to MGR?
I guess that high chance was 0 since I just realized no konami game from my quick glance has cards.

I wonder if there's been any sort of in-depth coverage over the financial gains a dev makes from having cards vs not having them. Seems like CSD added them not too long ago so hopefully we can get some insider info as to the whole card economy from a dev's perspective one day.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Macgicka Complete Bundle

Includes base game + 21 DLCs:
Magicka: Wizard's Survival Kit, Magicka: Vietnam, Magicka: Marshlands, Magicka: Nippon, Magicka: Final Frontier, Magicka: The Watchtower, Magicka: Frozen Lake, Magicka: Party Robes, Magicka: Gamer Bundle, Magicka: The Stars Are Left, Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack, Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack, Magicka: Lonely Island Cruise, Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin, Magicka: Mega Villain Robes, Magicka: Aspiring Musician Robes, Magicka: Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack, Magicka: Heirlooms Item Pack, Magicka: Grimnir's Laboratory, Magicka: Dungeons and Daemons, Magicka: Tower of Niflheim

4,39€

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-magicka-bundle/

Fucking finally. I've been waiting forever for any kind of Magicka deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom