• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bundlestars Magicka Bundle

No idea how good the game is, but it seems like an insane value.

Magicka is a fantasticly hilarious game. The co-op is absolutely insane. Great deal for those interested.

Whoa, just woke up and noticed that I have a tag now, and it's in reference to my favorite character from my favorite TV show. This is just.. incredible. Thanks. D:

Congrats. My favourite character too.

Milamber

Relivin' my High School Dreams! Pt.2
Previously on Pt.1...

The horrors!
ssFhxlL.jpg
yaBtOSv.jpg
eNnIbrj.jpg
7eIMgGy.jpg

First day of school and the teacher is already on my ass.
lv4I04t.jpg
hgOG1xE.jpg

Just out of class and Emily already got more potential guys lined up for me. This time a rich playboy with his own entourage.
g30OOyJ.jpg
qXh6VUT.jpg

Christ, time moves fast in this game. How can I pick up Mom's laundry, do teachers errand, go out with Emily to the mall and flirt with boys at the same time?
LXmTcfy.jpg

Founder, huh?
5mLyhBf.jpg
mJ2zn8U.jpg

Found a furniture store in town centre to decorate my room to appeal to the boys I bring in there. Boy, It's huge.
Day ended and as I explored my room I came across my radio in the corner. Little did I know, I would spend the next 30 minutes on it.
galGcSh.jpg
K583zjl.jpg
m19CJpw.jpg

It's a friggin' rhythm game! Well, I'm hooked.
S05Qvbt.jpg

That was easy. The fact that the music is pretty catchy too is a plus.
ejiK0Up.jpg

Silver challenges is way too easy too.
fnP3hlP.jpg
OpeLSnP.jpg

What the hell, Gold challenge!? The difficulty spike is way to large.
Yeah, this kept up for like, a long time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The hell?!? Alien: Isolation pre-order just went from 45.99€ to 49.99€. Could this be an error, or just a money grab due to how high the the pre-order is on the sales chart?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ok guys, thanks for the enlightenment. Limelight looks like a great solution, too bad I have an AMD card :/

Hope we get a cheap and easy solution similar to chromecast in the future.

There are other solutions available, but they cost more. Look up Miracast, which is the technology that the Wii U uses. It is more expensive than a chromecast, though.

Because she's a queen

That's implied by the use of "kingdom."

And here I was thinking that kingdom meant vagina.

liezryou

Just a heads up guys, Alien Isolation price just went up in russiabucks - Expect to be paying ~14.5-15 keys now.

EDIT: WOW, JaseC stop it please.

Chariot

Relivin' my High School Dreams! Pt.2
Yeah, this kept up for like, a long time.
And suddenly rhythm game addiction.
I hope you actually play the game and don't get stuck forever at dancing for shiny things. :D
But keep em coming, keep em coming.

High School High and Sakura Spirit recaps.... what a thread
Only the best for the best.
You know your "life" is good when you drop payday 2 heists for it.

chariot
B-but my lewd animu games!

JaseC's tag was long overdue and all it took was giving his everything...

Magicka looks interesting. But I'll wait till it hits a cheap bundle. Budget exceeded by over 100%.
Or maybe it'll get permanently discounted when the sequel hits.

There are other solutions available, but they cost more. Look up Miracast, which is the technology that the Wii U uses. It is more expensive than a chromecast, though.

And here I was thinking that kingdom meant vagina.

Cool, I'll see if I can find a cheap Miracast on eBay/Amazon. Thanks again.

Uzzy

Well, I just finished The Wolf Among Us. Started on Tuesday, and played all five episodes in short order. Fantastic game, really loved the film noir atmosphere. I think I prefer it to The Walking Dead.

Dr Dogg

Well at least there are more impressions in this thread now. Even if they're 'questionable' titles.

The hell?!? Alien: Isolation pre-order just went from 45.99€ to 49.99€. Could this be an error, or just a money grab due to how high the the pre-order is on the sales chart?

Shows as €49.99 on the DB sadly so don't know if it was a glitch or subsequent mistake. Isn't it cheaper via GMG. For me it's showing as £31.99 on there and the 20%off voucher works as well which comes to about £26. Nuuvem might be worth a look in also but although there doesn't appear to be any region locking for Brazil, release is a ways away and who knows if you want to take a gamble (have Sega ever region locked keys at a later date?).

BruteUA

Alien Isolation went up a few bucks? No problem, I'll just sell another Operation Breakout case...................oh. Nevermind.

JaseC

Shows as €49.99 on the DB sadly so don't know if it was a glitch or subsequent mistake. Isn't it cheaper via GMG. For me it's showing as £31.99 on there and the 20%off voucher works as well which comes to about £26. Nuuvem might be worth a look in also but although there doesn't appear to be any region locking for Brazil release is a ways away and who know if you want to take a gamble (have Sega ever region locked keys at a later date?).

The opposite: Sega removed the runtime-level region-lock on FM 2014's Brazilian sub late last year.

How often are you guys getting CS games together? Might be able to play a few games tonight/this weekend

I'll do the organized CS:GO thing again this weekend and possibly Friday. Same thing as before, I post a time in this thread and then we form a party and queue for public casual games.

JaseC

I was in a CS clan for a short while back in the 1.5 days and one afternoon we played against a team who did nothing but spray the aboriginal flag everywhere and complain about "the white man", however I'd say the most entertaining match I played was a random pub game, during which a kid left his mic enabled while he was arguing with his brother over whose turn it was, a confrontation which culminated in their mother storming into the room and telling them off. The whole thing lasted a good five or so minutes.

Still up for grabs.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BioShock -- MB-54BFD21ED12E31C9 - Taken by Sgt.Pepper

Dr Dogg

For those that want to get in on the Alien: Isolation train...
SOtnJNE.png

£25.60 = $43.83/€32.22

Nuuveem have it at R$69.99 = $31.46/€23.15

It does mention region locked to South America but they have been using that to cover themselves for a while now after the Saints Row fiasco (I think? Jase will know) but of course it's a prerelease item so you'd have to wait for your key so it's a risk you'd take if something does happen (ie: Don't blame me if Sega decide region lock this at a later date) .

The opposite: Sega removed the runtime-level region-lock on FM 2014's Brazilian sub late last year.

Hahaha that's nice of them at least.

Chariot

I can't believe how often I swing back to this game.

Sakura Spirit - part 3

part 1 - part 2 - part 4a - part 4b

jALLEnNP164a3.png

Uh. I watched a lot of hentai, but I rarely see girls THIS horny.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57735689686776646/CDC5B58A8A494CFECEBB2831343D39920855CFDC/
Srsly, I can't read for 5 minutes without some girl wanting Takahiro to eat her up.
Also I thought that she is covered in mud until the dialog said that it's chocolate.
In hindsight she could've smeared herself in excrements, because why not.

1024x576.resizedimage

Ok, Takahiro is now a week in this world and want back to his judo tournament, but has yet to do something to get the four wild spirits. Well, I can't critize that much, if I were thrown into another world with some harem of big breasted girls who feed and house me, I don't know if I want to go back where I have to work.

Anyways, Takahiro gets sick and the foxladys try to heal him with magic.

90E578D634D7416FC33CAD8819334FC0D20A35A7

If it works, it works.

D6EDECE392A6DFF70BF733D92E05C605A1FCE6FB

Yeah, who needs girls if you can roll around hugging trained man who know how to touch you gently?

F78584EE1A036672555277657C4BC26809151E00

jbPQpqwobmbzM.jpg

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57735689686793225/8CE36E6E30065BDB46B040B6F3382658DAEF2C33/
Apparently Kitsune have no nipples. And not underwear, which is why Takahiro tells them to get underwear, because his penis crys everytime the accidently fall on him.

So ANOTHER few days pass and the new day begins with

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57735689686797964/19047DE0BFE0A5DA5AA7D7F3D133EE4AC794FC6A/
Sure, why not. At this point I am not even wondering.

56C95F7ECC46B60F4815F4B6204A6363EEB69C0E

"Its your mission, Kirito. Gary. Onii-sama. Sorry, I forgot your name."

And now I need your help, SteamGAF

02FEA394BAA5BFECE95F524568FA084C2B88AD5C

The first choice of the game, which is why this part is a bit short.
What to do, what to do?
part 1 - part 2 - part 4a - part 4b

JaseC

SOtnJNE.png

£25.60 = $43.83/€32.22

It does mention region locked to South America but they have been using that to cover themselves for a while now after the Saints Row fiasco (I think? Jase will know) but of course it's a prerelease item so you'd have to wait for your key so it's a risk you'd take if something does happen along the lines.

Yeah, after that little rollercoaster Nuuvem began slapping the warning on every new release from a publisher that had previously region-locked something, so in the case of Alien it means nothing.

beated bioshock 1 and used GeDoSaTo all the way without problems, the low res textures can make it look bad sometimes and the ending was meh but is a pretty good game overall.

JaseC

beated bioshock 1 and used GeDoSaTo all the way without problems, the low res textures can make it look bad sometimes and the ending was meh but is a pretty good game overall.

Uneven texture quality I can look past quite easily, but the 30fps physics are really quite jarring. For such a well-crafted world it's a shame that the physics engine regularly reminds you of the artifice of it all.

Uneven texture quality I can look past quite easily, but the 30fps physics are really quite jarring. For such a well-crafted world it's a shame that the physics engine regularly reminds you of the artifice of it all.

i noticed it a lot on the death animations but it doesn't bother me that much.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Anybody here attending Gamescom this year or is living near/in Cologne?

I just got this email

5nFb178.png

I'm not even close to Cologne, so maybe some German Gaffer wants to play Fortnite and eat some food with the Epic guys :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't understand how tps/fps games are supposed to work with this.
Seems similarly unfitting like playing with a notebook trackpad.
Good for strategic games though.
This has got to be the first time someone has asked how an fps will work on the controller.

People were worried that this was too focused on the demands of an fps.

liezryou

SOtnJNE.png

£25.60 = $43.83/€32.22

It does mention region locked to South America but they have been using that to cover themselves for a while now after the Saints Row fiasco (I think? Jase will know) but of course it's a prerelease item so you'd have to wait for your key so it's a risk you'd take if something does happen (ie: Don't blame me if Sega decide region lock this at a later date) .

Hahaha that's nice of them at least.

Use the
Russian Trader
Force my friend, it will guide you to cheaper deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom