• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Why in the blue skies is this game $65???

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253510/

Why link the page if you don't even read it?

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Early Access is currently priced to match our Kickstarter reward levels that included Beta access to the game. We have created a Deluxe Edition of the game that includes 20 additional units which will become available once the game completes Beta and the full version releases. After Early Access, a core game will be offered at a lower price that does not include the additional content of the Deluxe Edition.”

It's the standard practice for Kickstarters that offered Beta access as a perk for higher donations.

Jawmuncher

Playing MGR with the Xbox One controlle.
I REALLY don't like the LB and RB buttons compared to the 360 counterparts. They feel harder to push and really awkward when you have to hold them.

Ibuki

Banned
Quest for Infamy came out? Also new waifu game? I might have to turn my PC on, but I'd have to cut my playtime short and go to work. ;-;

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Reposting for the new page!

But can all of that be had for $5 usually?
The whole collection was $4 at Nuuvem some months ago, and it tends to get discounted heavily when the base game is discounted as well.
Mind that I love the game and the collection for $5 is a steal!

I read you don't want any thanks but man, thank you for the Void. Never guessed it would pop up in a giveaway. Now to get Cortex Command...
No worries, get all of those that you want :D

Only to an extent: the MP used GameSpy for some asinine reason. Capcom spent about three months bankrolling a patch that shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

That's what ITAD claims, but SteamDB, Steam Sales and Steam Prices say otherwise, so I assume there's a mistake there... unless someone here bought it at 75% off?
Huh, didn't know that, Capcpom gonna Capcpom I guess.
And yes it was 75% off, the base price is 39.99 and during the Summer Seal it hit 9.99, I almost bought a couple of copies to gift but ended up not doing it due to lack of extra money :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And yes it was 75% off, the base price is 39.99 and during the Summer Seal it hit 9.99, I almost bought a couple of copies to gift but ended up not doing it due to lack of extra money :(

Ah. Odd that it went undocumented for the most part.

These don't games don't redeem on Steam do they?

They all do. If you look near the top-right-hand corner of the window you'll see a small Steam icon.

Chariot

Sisters for the obvious reasons.
Also guess i'll hold off for dirt cheap or bundle fodder.
Where is the get all of them together option? What a wasted opportunity. Take the sisters.
Pick the tanned Neko lady. 8D
Well, that seems pretty clear in favour of the Kitsune. Nobody likes Katanagirl and Naginatagirl.

Oh please. I know my kemonomimis. And those are more like demihumans than kemonomimis.
Serious business. I like it.

Quest for Infamy came out? Also new waifu game? I might have to turn my PC on, but I'd have to cut my playtime short and go to work. ;-;
The amount of time you can play that game without taking a break isn't that long, I think you can fit it under
but you shouldn't.
Mount & Blade free weekend! I've always wanted to try M&B, never got round to actually playing it. Installing now.
I hope you like it. Warband burned hours and hours of my time.

Hugstable

Banned
Ah. Odd that it went undocumented for the most part.

They all do. If you look at the top-left-hand corner of the window you'll see a small Steam icon.

Click on them and search for the Steam icon.

Success.

Click on the link and see if there's a Steam logo there. They probably all will.

Thanks picking up Volgarr once I get bacl to my PC! Always heaed about how hard it is, and 4$ seems like a good price.

chronomac

An extra Bioshock key from the Humble Bundle along with a Peggle bundle for Origin and a software key for Multimedia Fusion 2 (not for Steam):
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-439723A1766E78CA - Taken by Naked Snake
Multimedia Fusion 2 Registration Key -- MB-9BD30DABBF030D57 - Taken by Kanhir. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe (Origin) -- MB-0B148FCB15420729 - Taken by cyrok. 3 entrants total.

t1405022672z1.png

Enjoy.

Today's Humble DRM-Freedom daily deals

Kentucky Route Zero - $24.99 $12.49
Volgarr the Viking - $11.99 $3.99
Ether One - $19.99 $6.99
Ether One Deluxe - $29.99 $7.49
Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $14.99 $2.99
Escape Goat 2 - $9.99 $5.99
Shank 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - $7.99 $1.59
Puzzle Agent 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Cosmic DJ - $5.99 $3.59
Volgarr is fantastic, but hard as heck (until you learn the layouts, which will take much trial and error...mostly error).

Edit: Won it here on GAF in a mystery giveaway (which also included Bad Rats). I almost didn't enter. After that lucky break, I won't enter another mystery giveaway ever again. :)

Volgarr is fantastic, but hard as heck (until you learn the layouts, which will take much trial and error...mostly error).

Edit: Won it here on GAF in a mystery giveaway (which also included Bad Rats). I almost didn't enter. After that lucky break, I won't enter another mystery giveaway ever again. :)

Mystery giveaways are fun and exciting, I think. It's like opening booster packs or something.

Also, pretty sweet avatar.

Nabs

Goat Sim is legit. Don't buy it if you're not willing to explore the entire area and try new things. There are a lot of cool things hidden about.

Mystery giveaways are fun and exciting, I think. It's like opening booster packs or something.

Also, pretty sweet avatar.
Mystery giveaways are awesome, but I'd rather quit while I'm ahead.

Thank you re: the avatar. G'Kar is awesome. Just saw that actor, Andreas Katsulas, in another movie too - Jane Austen's Mafia. Small part, but it was cool seeing "G'Kar" as a '30s-era mobster. :)

danthefan

I went for that 2K Humble Bundle, and when I try to redeem the games I'm getting sent to the Czech version of the Steam website... why is that?

iosefe

Click on them and search for the Steam icon.

Success.

Candy cash? Coffee Stain Studios is the dev. And they added a second map so someone must really hate goats to not get a few hours of fun out of this.

the M&M's giveaay

well, if i don't like it, it will finally be a purchase i regret. i'll probably like it though

Helmholtz

Well, Tommy Refenes liked it enough.
Oh yeah, I forgot he was able to try it out. I don't really see how it would work but maybe it's something you have to try hands on rather than speculate about. I'm still optimistic about it though, because a definitive PC controller alternative to the 360 one is something I'd be interested in (especially since my 360 analogs are getting worn out at this point).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735585

unfortunately the videos have stopped coming for months now
Watched some L4D2 and TF2 gameplay with steam controller. It really looks like fidelity/precision is like a standard controller at best. The buttons are the only advantage imo.
The touch sensitive trackpads can be a pro for strategic games but I doubt many will play those games with a controller to begin with.
Let's see how the final product evolves.

Lain

Quest of Dungeons seems to be mildly fun. I have only played it for 40 minutes on normal as a wizard but what I've played seemed like the perfect time waster that's neither too good nor bad.
It works, it looks good enough for the type of game and it has a bit of humor right from the start, which never hurts.

BruteUA

Wuss. You'd think playing Volgarr would have helped you grow some hair on your chest.

And whoever made that raffle? Sounds like a real jerk.

The daily deal today (Defender's Quest) is actually a really fun game. I don't like many tower defense games (I tend to play one or two levels then get bored), but I really like Defender's Quest's take on it.

Basically, you're placing party members (barbarians, archers, wizards, etc) instead of "towers", and you end up placing way way fewer "towers" than in most other games (you're looking at a party of 5 to 8 people usually). Your characters actually level up from fight to fight which increases their skills (not just within fights like most tower defense), you buy them equipment that helps their base stats, and there's a story that links all the various levels together. Each individual level is also pretty short and feels like the right length, so you're hopping from level to level pretty fast. It's also impressive how "accessible" they've made the game and it's totally customizable, you can change everything from the game speed at will, to making the game easy to play for disabled gamers.

Autofokus

Today's Humble DRM-Freedom daily deals

Kentucky Route Zero - $24.99 $12.49
Volgarr the Viking - $11.99 $3.99
Ether One - $19.99 $6.99
Ether One Deluxe - $29.99 $7.49
Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $14.99 $2.99
Escape Goat 2 - $9.99 $5.99
Shank 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - $7.99 $1.59
Puzzle Agent 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Cosmic DJ - $5.99 $3.59

Probably wrong thread, but does anyone know if Volgarr is coming to the Vita? I already double-dipped on so many games. :/

Jawmuncher

The daily deal today (Defender's Quest) is actually a really fun game. I don't like many tower defense games (I tend to play one or two levels then get bored), but I really like Defender's Quest's take on it.

Basically, you're placing party members (barbarians, archers, wizards, etc) instead of "towers", and you end up placing way way fewer "towers" than in most other games (you're looking at a party of 5 to 8 people usually). Your characters actually level up from fight to fight which increases their skills (not just within fights like most tower defense), you buy them equipment that helps their base stats, and there's a story that links all the various levels together. Each individual level is also pretty short and feels like the right length, so you're hopping from level to level pretty fast. It's also impressive how "accessible" they've made the game and it's totally customizable, you can change everything from the game speed at will, to making the game easy to play for disabled gamers.

That always gets a thumbs up in my book.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did you buy Warband? Buy Warband.

I had a brief chat with DocSeuss today yesterday and at one point I mentioned Banjo: Nuts & Bolts (as the closest thing I've played to a flight simulator ;)). It occurred to me that the game would be right at home on the PC as players could share their vehicle blueprints via Steam Workshop. I hope it happens one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom