• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthefan

Just click that link and it should fix your store, then you can browse to that other page normally.

I am probably doing it all wrong but I was already logged into Steam on the English store through my browser, but every time I went to the Humble Bundle link it changed language. Got the games activated anyway, just pressed the buttons on the Czech site until it worked, thanks for your help.

Enco

Well, that's if you don't think that wasting their time forever on the phone so that they can't call anyone else is a better idea. My brother has people call up weekly doing this sort of stuff, he loves acting out going through the stages but getting things wrong. "I can't find what you said, is this an internet thing?" "Oh it says I have to do a restart, do you mind waiting?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4HKOWG2oEA

:lol

Blade Wolf Sucks.
That is all.

you talking about the DLC or the first boss fight in MGR? Because if it's the boss fight then the game is teaching you the basics of parrying, and if you can't master that and finish that fight then the game has broken you and you might as well walk away, all broke and stuff.

Wuss. You'd think playing Volgarr would have helped you grow some hair on your chest.

And whoever made that raffle? Sounds like a real jerk.
Thank you for that awesome raffle. :) My chest is now like a growing garden, but it has a ways to go before it becomes a forest.

Thank you, but there's no !? in the link at all, tried deleting some of the blah blah and replacing it with !?english but it doesn't work. I'll just try do it in Czech.
Just click on the link I quoted. That will make every other link English again.

Lomax

I am probably doing it all wrong but I was already logged into Steam on the English store through my browser, but every time I went to the Humble Bundle link it changed language. Got the games activated anyway, just pressed the buttons on the Czech site until it worked, thanks for your help.

Weird. Maybe someone is trying to suggest a vacation site for you.

Did you buy Warband? Buy Warband.

Now that workshop is in place, once the good mods are up I may devote a couple of weeks to this. Or at least install it again and maybe actually start it up this time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
humble does "DRM Free" the proper way. which is actually "DRM free + DRM if you want it" for us steam nuts

On the other side of the fence, I appreciate it when developers of Steamworks games don't tether them to the client -- this pleases both crowds as those who want Steamworks features can get them and those that'd prefer a DRM-free copy need only use Steam to install the game. Divinity: Dragon Commander is one such example of this approach.

Vuze

eff you Humble <3
d31ebe5e48.png

They seriously need to work on that. I know it's a good thing but verifying my browser everytime I buy something is extremly annoying.

aku:jiki

Today's Humble DRM-Freedom daily deals

Volgarr the Viking - $11.99 $3.99
"Volgarr isn't going to be cheap again for a long time" or whatever.

Yo, we know you post on GAF. You guys are straight up dicks.

The daily deal today (Defender's Quest) is actually a really fun game. I don't like many tower defense games (I tend to play one or two levels then get bored), but I really like Defender's Quest's take on it.
I loved the game too, but it's really too bad that it's coded in Adobe Air. The framerate goes completely crap once it gets crazier later on.

Also, kind of completely insane how they got Nobuo Uematsu for DQ2...

Jawmuncher

you talking about the DLC or the first boss fight in MGR? Because if it's the boss fight then the game is teaching you the basics of parrying, and if you can't master that and finish that fight then the game has broken you and you might as well walk away, all broke and stuff.

The DLC. I've beaten the game twice. But this guys DLC is just all kinds of meh.

I had a brief chat with DocSeuss today and at one point I mentioned Banjo: Nuts & Bolts (as the closest thing I've played to a flight simulator ;)). It occurred to me that the game would be right at home on the PC as players could share their vehicle blueprints via Steam Workshop. I hope it happens one day.

Omg, yes

MS needs to bring that over to PC. There was that one vehicle creation game that was greenlit on Steam. Other than that, I can't think of any game that features that level of customization for functioning vehicles. The possibilities Steam Workshop would allow would be wondrous. Without piece limits and memory constraints, it'd be like Minecraft, but things would actually work. Instead of someone just building a to-scale Enterprise model, they could make one that works.

The DLC. I've beaten the game twice. But this guys DLC is just all kinds of meh.

I was hoping for him to control more like amaterasu from Okami, or Bayonetta's panther mode. He's not as agile as he should be.

his stealth kills though

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That message was from May 6th. There's no way you're really mad about that.
I always like to imagine these people with misplaced, lingering anger writing their posts in between extreme pushes on the toilet.

"Volgarr isn't going to be cheap again for a long time" or whatever.

Yo, we know you post on GAF. You guys are straight up dicks.
But wasn't it the same price the last time it was discounted? Not sure what's so dickish about that.

Edit: Looks like it was $4.07 before. A seven-cent discount from the previous sale. Tar and feather the bastards!

Jawmuncher

huh, haven't played the DLC yet since i got rid of my PS3 copy while i wait for the PC version to get dirt cheap. I had always heard that both DLCs were pretty decent, though.

I played through sams and like it even though you can't stealth kill. Blade Wolf on the other hand can stealth kill but he has no armor. The gorilla guys kill you in their combo if you slip up. It's not even worth going for main encounters since BW has no advantages to make up for low health.

aku:jiki

That message was from May 6th. There's no way you're really mad about that.
Come on man. That was a long time ago, and no need to be rude about it.
You're both kidding? Is this real life? Who on earth defines a "long time" as two months?

And said promise has been broken three times since it was made, the first time being like two days later. Maybe I'm weird, but I think lying to customers is a bit more rude.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Then aku:jiki spends a lot of his time on the toilet.

Rabbit turds as hard as diamonds, I'm sure.
You're both kidding? Is this real life? Who on earth defines a "long time" as two months?

And said promise has been broken three times since it was made, the first time being like two days later. Maybe I'm weird, but I think lying to customers is a bit more rude.

Their "promise" was broken by Adult Swim Games.

HoosTrax

what game is it like? chivalry?
The game is like Medieval Total War, if you could play from the perspective of a specific general, with boots on the ground. And with RPG elements like gear and attributes/skills.

You basically start off as a petty minor warlord dressed in rags, and can eventually become the ruler of the entire land, with a retinue of loyal followers fighting by your side and other lords trying to backstab you or pledge their loyalty to you in exchange for you granting them control of regions.

I posted this in the summer sale thread:

super-famicom said:
Mount & Blade: Warband is a super awesome game. I've put just over 200 hours into it. One of my personal GOAT.

In Mount & Blade, you can:
recruit men into your warband
be a bandit and raid villages
be a mercenary to a kingdom and help lay waste to its foes
be a vassal to a kingdom and own a castle
do horse archery
run down guys with a lance while on horseback
siege and defend castles and large castle towns
enter tournaments and dedicate your victory to a lady in waiting
marry said lady or elope with her
talk ill of a lord and challenge him to a duel
start your own kingdom and conquer everyone else

Then there's multiplayer, where you can line up with your team and do a coordinated lance charge and fight dudes.

And there are a ton of mods for the game, including a Game of Thrones mod called "Clash Of Kings."

I totally recommend it.

While writing this I got a call from a guy with indian accent speaking English (not the native language here) saying he is from Microsoft and my PC is infected. I should give him remote access so he can delete it. He will guide me through the process. I told him I don't own a PC and he hung up. Weird.

Another version of the same scam is where they will call you up looking to see if you qualify for a $175 survey on web cams. They will ask you a list of questions and then they will say you qualify but they now need to qualify your computer and they want to remote into it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

vaguely, in that it's focused on medieval combat

as far as multiplayer, it's uglier, but the battles are larger

the difference being that there's a great singleplayer that drops you into a sandbox where you can basically do whatever the heck you want

travel around fighting in arenas and tournaments for money? Sure.

buy stuff for a low price in one city and sell high elsewhere? go ahead

be a bandit and attack caravans and pillage towns? yup

join up with a king and earn your way into his favor, with your own towns and castles to manage and defend? yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom