• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

If you don't like stealth, that's perfectly understandable being that Bladewolf's campaign is largely centered around platforming and stealth.

Both things which are just so awkward in this game already. Wolf doesn't have a double jump so those blocks were just a time waster and sneaking is so shallow why base a DLC on it. Shame since I could have enjoyed this more had it been a action oriented DLC.

At least this has more mistral though.

I played through sams and like it even though you can't stealth kill. Blade Wolf on the other hand can stealth kill but he has no armor. The gorilla guys kill you in their combo if you slip up. It's not even worth going for main encounters since BW has no advantages to make up for low health.

good to know. makes my wait for the game to get cheaper all that much easier.

Kyougar

Best power fantasy game ever made, in my estimation.

Only wish it had better production values and less crappy autoterrain generation.

Come to think of it, this game seems like it would be ripe for a Westeros mod.

for all this, there is a Mod, better terrain etc (floris) a Game of thrones mod and many many more

derExperte

Giantbomb.com is playing Divinity OS live right now. They also have Quick Looks for Astebreed and Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake (cuuuute).

Nabs

You're both kidding? Is this real life? Who on earth defines a "long time" as two months?

We're talking about digital distribution here. Two months is a long time. It's the difference between a full price Batman game and a 75% off one. A full price Codemasters game and a free one.

And said promise has been broken three times since it was made, the first time being like two days later. Maybe I'm weird, but I think lying to customers is a bit more rude.

That Steam daily deal had nothing to do with them. They didn't even know it was happening.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
in case someone is still missing one of those :) grab 'em

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Nightsky HD -- MB-0646697DA026D0FA
SpaceChem -- MB-8AD7BC797424F004

Vazduh

lcRMTnN.jpg

Any recommendations?

I'm watching a "let's Play" on Warband.

I now want Warband.

We're talking about digital distribution here. Two months is a long time. It's the difference between a full price Batman game and a 75% off one. A full price Codemasters game and a free one.

/dead

Terra_Ex

I'm sure I know the answer to this but can any GMG vouchers be utilised alongside credit at the moment or have they blocked all vouchers completely now?

That first post lacks actual screenshots; it should be improved.
I don't think you can post almost-hentai pictures of an almost-hentai game on GAF...

Just beat The Wolf Among Us and it was great although it's a shame to see the game is still buggy though and seeing as how TWD S1's save bug never got patched it probably won't be addressed either, sigh.

HoosTrax

The Humble Weekly looks like Humble Didn't-Live-Up-To-Potential + Early Access + Stacking Bundle.

Various games that had interesting premises but ultimately ending up with scores in the 50s, plus some EA games. Of the non-EA games, ReignMaker looks potentially interesting though.

The Humble Weekly looks like Humble Didn't-Live-Up-To-Potential + Early Access + Stacking Bundle.

Various games that had interesting premises but ultimately ending up with scores in the 50s, plus some EA games. Of the non-EA games, ReignMaker looks potentially interesting though.

Humble 'Meh' Weekly

JakeD

That Curse Premium says it comes with one free game from GOG. Anyone know more about this? Is it any game?

i looked it up and:

Premium members are rewarded with one of ten exclusive titles found on GoG! Titles include hits like Dungeon Keeper, Empire Earth, and Sacred: Gold edition!

looks like you need to actually make an account before seeing the other 7 choices. Witcher 3 probably not offered =(

Volcynika

I will probably only repost this one more time in the evening or so, just wanted to make sure everyone that wants to enter, can (you can enter for all of them (each with a diff PM though), but only win one!) (Original post to be edited)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Volcynika, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana #1 -- MB-FBC9E85CB5031C6C - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #2 -- MB-E1CDA56E7D78EAB0
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #3 -- MB-57C7110075E56013
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #4 -- MB-B85F81890F122C9B

Ys Origin #1 -- MB-D17611B560BD65FE
Ys Origin #2 -- MB-571D02488A46E3FD
Ys Origin #3 -- MB-CAE087FA82A4B639
Ys Origin #4 -- MB-EE6FA5A3F80DB3F4

Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #1 -- MB-12DFE19B03374C3D - Taken by RionaaM. 11 entrants total.
Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #2 -- MB-1D9065E4A31EB9ED
Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #3 -- MB-F31E1BE8E5D1FAEE
Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #4 -- MB-98404DDEF4B15376

t1405054289z1.png

Ended up with a extra key from who knows where. Giving this whole thing a shot.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CrashPrime, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Really Big Sky -- MB-CC2009BE9F087BB3

t1405026812z1.png

louiedog

That Curse Premium says it comes with one free game from GOG. Anyone know more about this? Is it any game?

It's a choice from this list
  • Sacred Gold
  • Gothic 2 Gold Edition
  • Empire Earth: Gold Edition
  • Divine Divinity
  • Dungeon Keeper Gold™
  • Darwinia
  • Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Puddle
  • Defender's Quest
  • Megabyte Punch

take these humble and groupees spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Stacking -- MB-54DEB9A7B752CF02 - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Battlepillars Gold Edition -- MB-5224FE67B80E5A9B - Taken by Sofa King

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there some way to hide a specific game's purchase and activity from others on Steam?

Asking for a friend.

Short of removing them as a friend, nope.

Edit: Oh, wait, I misunderstood the question. You can hide your own future activity by setting your profile to private -- any previous activity will still be viewable by your friends.

Jawmuncher

Well well looks like this LT trigger on this Xbox controller has crapped out. Holding it down for zandatsu won't always stay held even when it is being pressed down.

Going to try some other games but it looks like I'll be sticking with PS4 controllers as my go to PC controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom