• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

So I opened up my Xbox One controller and the cause was get this.
The screw that's supposed to hold the board in the controller somehow got loose and got stuck to the triggers magnet. Hoe the hell does that even happen.

Quality manufacturing, yo.

(I miss the days when we actually manufactured stuff in the US. :p )

Vuze

Speaking of it, Lifeless Planet just received a 200mb update.

At last the 1.3 update is now live, fixing a ton of bugs including (for sure this time) the rare but deadly "stuck camera" bug in the Chasm level. AND now documents and logs in the PDA don't disappear on reloading/restarting...

Saty

Isn't Darkout the game that was abandoned by the devs and that just ends all of a sudden that caused all the ruckus?

dot

I have a Spec Ops:The Line key going so I'll ask the following bizarre obscure question...

how many times do you need to pop in and out to see Meryl take off her pants ?

first correct answer wins + your a master perve.

i'm no perve

liezryou

If anyone is interested in alien isolation at the price before the increase -> 13 tf2 keys, PM me. I only got 3 copies remaining at this price though.

Will it get locked JaseC? Sega history and all.

wagamer

Umm...

ReignMaker is a city building political strategy game with match-3 tower defense combat.

Anyone actually played this? I kinda get from the video how this might work but can't say if it would be any good.

Such a bunch of... different... games in this bundle, even for a dollar seems a pass to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will it get locked JaseC? Sega history and all.

The sub is universal so the only option Sega has is to disable cross-regiong gifting/trading, which of course wouldn't affect those who have already activated the game. Alien is Sega's first game release since the flag came into effect, so it's hard to comment on the likelihood of it appearing.

Edit: I am bad at editing posts.

JakeD

You're thinking of Dark Matter.

actually according to steam reviews darkout seems to have some of the same issues, heh.

the big drama with paranautical activity was that they cancelled co-op, i believe. kinda hard to not side with the devs considering most of the people complaining in the steam forums probably got it for 30 cents in a groupees bundle.

Dr Dogg

Wow Ninja Blade of less than a quid! It's a bad port if I remember.

Then again I'm deliberating over A:CM on offer at Nuuvem telling myself 'it can't be that bad' whilst also tempted out of morbid curiosity. Though I'd probably get more enjoyment from reading Stump's and Monk's impressions again.

Is there some way to hide a specific game's purchase and activity from others on Steam?

Asking for a friend.

Well technically speaking if your 'friend' redeemed a key it never shows up in 'their' activity feed as a purchase unlike buying direct on the store or receiving a gift. Then just go offline and no play count is ever shown on 'their' profile. If it has achievements 'they' can either delete the files it creates or wipe them with SAM before going back online. And the only trace anyone would know 'they' had said game would be searching for it in 'their' library.

what's the over/under on days before that thread gets closed?

Funnily I'd say that despite it being the furthest thing from my tastes, a game like that has more chance of and constructive discussion is in this very thread. Out in the wilds it's going to crash and burn if the more vocal posters get in there.

derExperte

So I opened up my Xbox One controller and the cause was get this.
The screw that's supposed to hold the board in the controller somehow got loose and got stuck to the triggers magnet. Hoe the hell does that even happen.

Too much shaking while playing?

d7c.gif

Relax.

Jawmuncher

user237

Anyone actually played this? I kinda get from the video how this might work but can't say if it would be any good.

Playing for about 5 minutes.

Seems very casual oriented.

I got an achievement for hiring my first unit, and then I immediately got a second achievement for "unlocking your first achievement" which was interesting.

Lomax

So, of the fps roguelikes that have popped up on Steam which is the best? From my count there is: Rogue Shooter: The FPS Roguelike, Hoovy Bullets, Fancy Skulls and Paranautical Activity..

Which is the best and why? Bullets and Skulls look the most interesting to me, art style wise.

The best you didn't list, which is Tower of Guns. Plus it's complete and largely bug-free.

aku:jiki

So, of the fps roguelikes that have popped up on Steam which is the best? From my count there is: Rogue Shooter: The FPS Roguelike, Hoovy Bullets, Fancy Skulls and Paranautical Activity..

Which is the best and why? Bullets and Skulls look the most interesting to me, art style wise.
I haven't played all of them, but it seems as if general consensus is, unfortunately, Paranautical Activity. The devs are extremely rude, have stolen assets still left in the game and suddenly decided it was finished one day despite several unresolved promises (the big one being coop). They're also very charming people on Twitter; threatening to murder a reviewer who didn't like their game and posting about how it's lulzy to punch your girlfriend in the face.

Basically, get the bundle for it, but customize the split and pull their slider down to 0.

Ozium

I haven't played all of them, but it seems as if general consensus is, unfortunately, Paranautical Activity. The devs are extremely rude, have stolen assets still left in the game and suddenly decided it was finished one day despite several unresolved promises (the big one being coop). They're also very charming people on Twitter; threatening to murder a reviewer who didn't like their game and posting about how it's lulzy to punch your girlfriend in the face.

Basically, get the bundle for it, but customize the split and pull their slider down to 0.

da fuq?

wagamer

I got an achievement for hiring my first unit, and then I immediately got a second achievement for "unlocking your first achievement" which was interesting.

Definitely interesting :D But yeah, looks like a bit simple. Wouldn't mind something like this on Vita though, seems like a game this kind would be a good fit for some pickupandplay.

JakeD

They're also very charming people on Twitter; threatening to murder a reviewer who didn't like their game and posting about how it's lulzy to punch your girlfriend in the face.

ummm...i was not aware of this when i mentioned siding with them earlier...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sakura Spirit - part 2

part 1 - part 3

Disclaimer:

The game that just keeps on giving.

My goodness, Enhanced Steam having the ability to add the full $6 M&M Card has to be one of the most amazing features. You can actually select how much you want to put in your wallet! Wow Jshackles, this is just an amazing feature and I have no idea why Valve hasn't even implemented something like this.

Valve seemingly doesn't like to implement easy to do features, so we have to rely on a quality extension like ES. I've said it before, but I wish that Valve would just hire Jshackles to fix the browser and the client.

My frothing demand for this game increases.

Speaking of badges, the Legend of Dungeon ones are awesome:

82f383612bdba7f711280f47341c533a674c3ed6.png
4ade78976ed3c0fd42b9886dc6d297d76aaca811.png
a199a127156e6c80a8e54ec33a1be8e720dc67e8.png
0b9baabb9633e8e8d19cbdb580604fa0b7464ca8.png
5d71a7ed0022497c1e7f3d90061823d55e3fe95a.png
892c6f712d0c9a5869e9a2137e59e3bd4d5f9bed.png

I love when the badges are awesome little bits of artwork and not just rendered character heads or the same logo 5 times over. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I love the art style anyway.

Edit: Plus they have a unicorn fart emoticon, so there's that.

fWFc82js0fmoRAP-qOIPu5THSWqfSmTELLqcUywUlj3Hz8JQD_k62zmnzAEbeQUdVBitsTVCj831QvuYDe0T1IhmvcINiXk4kwN_MeazZjI2JwGaBPQNBPFuoQzvW3Ng7pY7AYDmo7lSf1rqtdbGLfByZ8g2bW2_

I really like it when badges have some unique sort of flare to them and aren't generic as fuck like A New Reckoning's.

ad061527d96eb7f3712041d595697d416138ac89.png

Maybe I'm missing something here, but that's one of the worst foil badges I've ever seen.

While writting this I got a call from a guy with indian accent speaking English (not the native language here) saying he is from Microsoft and my PC is infected. I should give him remote access so he can delete it. He will guide me through the process. I told him I don't own a PC and he hung up. Weird.

That's obviously a scam, who would ever fal-

yeah, it was a scam. this guy at the General Discussion side got hit by the same thing, though he thought he "almost" got scammed... he got scammed, period. And installed bad shit on his computer. Don't do that. At least you hung up :)

Oh.

Soul Gambler is releasing soon on Steam and was on sale on IndieGameStand, no Steam key is up yet but check back by release date and you should find it.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. The whole interactive comic like setup looks neat, plus it's based on Faust, so I'm down for that.

Guys, I really recommend Quest for Infamy for the fans of point & click adventures! Go for it!

It looks pretty good, but like I said before, it doesn't look $20 good.

Relivin' my High School Dreams! Pt.2

Yeah, this kept up for like, a long time.

This needs to go on Steam because it will easily replace Secrets of the Magic Crystals as the second most popular gag gift.

I can't believe how often I swing back to this game.

Sakura Spirit - part 3

part 1 - part 2

I'm looking forward to both paths :p

Great, now let's see if they put Steam keys up on GMG like they promised me in an email.

Any recommendations?

Paranautical Activity is one of those games where the devs just stopped bothering with it and started being complete assholes over twitter and the steam forums, yeah? Makes sense that it would end up in a bundle.

Yeah, I thought it was that game.

Vuze

I liked it more than Bioshock Infinite.
Dead Serious.

Game was just WAY to intense.
Wowowo, I didn't like Infinite but it's still miles ahead of AC:M.

dafuq...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My goodness, Enhanced Steam having the ability to add the full $6 M&M Card has to be one of the most amazing features. You can actually select how much you want to put in your wallet! Wow Jshackles, this is just an amazing feature and I have no idea why Valve hasn't even implemented something like this.

Honestly, I don't know either. I mean - people are giving you (as a company) money that is good anywhere and turning into money that can only be spent with you. They can't spend that money anywhere else, and they can't transfer it back out of your ecosystem. From a business perspective, you would think you would want this process to be as user-friendly as possible. I understand about the minimum amounts, because of transaction processing fees. But they should honestly let you enter any amount you'd like on that page, even without Enhanced Steam.

Either way, I'm always happy when I hear of people enjoying Enhanced Steam. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I had read about those those guys being terrible people, banning people who criticized them from the Steam forums and deleting threads, using stolen content in the game and posting misogynist shit on Twitter, but I didn't know about the bolded. There's being annoyed by your customers, and there's being an asshole. These guys are the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom