• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

tee.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I could never recommend Colonial Marines, it's just such a poorly made game that even playing it to ridicule it will never outweigh the mistakes in the game.

However, we did make this out of it.
going-to-steam-salesbgswd.gif

Guys, what do I do if a games on sale as a daily but I don't know if I'll ever actually play it?

If you are a collector/ +1 er, just buy it.

If you buy games to play it, try to figure out how much chance you'll actually end up playing it someday. If you can reasonably believe you'll play the game within a few years because you like the series or sometimes feel wanting in the type of experience it gives, go for it. If you can't imagine you will ever play it unless you are bored or only when you have nothing else to play, don't get it.

If you use Steam Library sharing, will one of your connected kin play it sometime? That can make it worth getting.

Last option, if it's just so damn cheap you can make the money back in cards.

Garcia

So, even though JC2 was just on sale, it's probably going back on for the summer sale, right? still trying to convince people to get it

Very likely, yeah. But why wait for the Summer Sale when it's at its lowest right now. Same thing with Gun Point.

Jawmuncher

A:CM is worth the 5 dollars especially after the patches. Stump Hates it but I don't think it was that bad. As was earlier said its serviceable even solo.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So, even though JC2 was just on sale, it's probably going back on for the summer sale, right? still trying to convince people to get it

I'm pretty sure JC2 has been at least a flash sale for each of the last 3-4 sales, it always seems to come up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Very likely, yeah. But why wait for the Summer Sale when it's at its lowest right now. Same thing with Gun Point.

because everything goes down 90% during the magical summer sale

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A:CM is worth the 5 dollars especially after the patches. Stump Hates it but I don't think it was that bad. As was earlier said its serviceable even solo.

I guess my stance is that pretty much every game is serviceable. I've played a lot of the worst games on the platform. Right, like, Rogue Warrior, 18 metacritic or whatever it is. It's serviceable. So if we accept that serviceable doesn't mean anything and basically every game out there is playable to completion. I mean it'd be pretty hard to make an FPS that wasn't given the availability of standard engine tech. What's the actual standard for a bad game? Like, if Aliens: CM is somewhere in the middle, what shooters on Steam in the last 4-5 years are bad? I haven't played Revelations 2012 yet.

Card Boy

Banned
how good is that game anyway?

I like it. The only thing i dont like is the lack of multiplayer in the PC version and no dodge. The A button isn't assigned to anything on the controller and it would of being good if it had dodge in the game. For the $2.50 i paid i like it.

legacyzero

Banned
The bad thing about Steam Sales for me the last couple of years is I pretty much own most of what I want... From other Steam Sales.. LOL

What I'm Looking for:

- X Rebirth....................................... No more than $10
- Remember Me............................... No more than $5
- Ace Combat Assault Horizon.......... No more than $10
- DayZ Standalone............................ No more than $10
- The Forest...................................... No less than %50
- Watch_Dogs................................... No less than %50 (LMAO)
- Lost Planet 3................................... No more than $10

Otherwise, I don't think I'll be looking to much. Maybe a few awesome indies.

Trejik

I found it more frustrating-bad than enjoyable-bad, personally. I play a lot of bad games.

Promising...

I tried playing it with a friend. You can tolerate a lot when you have someone around to talk to.

We gave up on this game after the first level.

I'm listening...

Hell to the no.

Challenge accepted. I'm a masochist like that. Tomorrow I'm reviewing Aliens: CM.

Making the world a better place, one duster at a time.

The bad thing about Steam Sales for me the last couple of years is I pretty much own most of what I want... From other Steam Sales.. LOL

What I'm Looking for:

- X Rebirth....................................... No more than $10
- Remember Me............................... No more than $5
- Ace Combat Assault Horizon.......... No more than $10
- DayZ Standalone............................ No more than $10
- The Forest...................................... No less than %50
- Watch_Dogs................................... No less than %50 (LMAO)
- Lost Planet 3................................... No more than $10

Otherwise, I don't think I'll be looking to much. Maybe a few awesome indies.

I was thinking DayZ myself but i get the feeling it might be a long shot.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Abyss Odyssey too? So many games need to stop coming out to tempt me when I'm trying to save my money for the steam sale.

I changed it from steam wallet to me credit card, no luck :(

Hmm, well then I can only suggestion the following basic ideas to try out.

Try another device or IP.

Log out and then back in.

Contact Steam support and hope they get around to you sometime soon. You could also find a magic monkey paw, it might be faster.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want it, but I'm not gonna enter. I know sometimes in the future I'll manage to get a copy off GMG with only playfire money.

always what you want to read when youre spending a bunch of money on these :p

Nzyme32

Works perfectly with Chrome browser Steam with Enhanced Steam...

However in the client, I get an error asking me to turn on cookies...?
Furthermore, I also can't view the steam stats page properly because "You need to update Adobe Flash"...is this a common thing? Naturally, browser and ES combo are with no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom