• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

11 hours people. ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS.

the sooner people realise the summer (and winter) sales are just like any other weekend or midweek sale, just with dozens of games instead of 2, the less disapointed they will be

its not some super amazing once in a lifetime ocasion, its just the same old discounts we always get, with the discount getting shittier the newer the games are

also, at least going by the last few sales, 66% seems to be the new 75% so keep that in mind

Hype levels have reached negative numbers...
what you say is true, though.

the sooner people realise the summer (and winter) sales are just like any other weekend or midweek sale, just with dozens of games instead of 2, the less disapointed they will be

its not some super amazing once in a lifetime ocasion, its just the same old discounts we always get, with the discount getting shittier the newer the games are

also, at least going by the last few sales, 66% seems to be the new 75% so keep that in mind

Yeah. But sometimes you have games that get discounted for the first time.
I am hoping from some things from my wishlist like Killer is Dead and Half Minute Hero 2. And the devs/pubs can discount themselves now, so hopefully that will give us some great discounts.

Though I can already see the posts:

"Was Terraria a Daily Deal already?"
"Will Civ get a Sale?"
"Finally I can buy Magicka!!"

Ooooh sale. My wallet is ready.

Meanwhile Ill finish Fallout 2, kinda funny that 2x scaling doesnt work on my 1600x900 screen (requires 920 vertical pixels). Amazing game though.

First time trying this thing...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-C05BCFC0D32E3787 - Taken by Bacardi151. 1 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-E68B596EF8E9D51B
Draw a Stickman -- MB-4B6738E0359DBAAE - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic -- MB-AD2E28B48131118E
Symphony -- MB-47AF73700BA2A846 - Taken by ArynCrinn. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-27AEA48D4C77DAA8
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-6ED786453EE698FD
Galaxy on Fire 2 -- MB-4573E844B2CFC720 - Taken by valouris
Galcon Legends -- MB-954550DFC42A4773
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-C2583C379B6729E7 - Taken by nbnt
Galcon Fusion -- MB-39FDFE1FC6559DCE
SEGA Bundle (Alpha Protocol, Company of Heroes, Rome Total War, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit) -- MB-3ECB22EA79F26C4D - Taken by Cyberquake. 7 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Pirates! -- MB-133FFADAA6239A22 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 10 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-C64B35FD435738F6 - Taken by X05
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-67D582AC61B57FC0

t1402928072z1.png

Does this auto update?

Macmanus

Random question that feels most appropriate here: What are some titles that have gone through the alpha/beta Early Access phase to retail release that are considered solid? Their might be a ton, I'm just ignorant and curious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
11 hours people. ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS.

Hype levels have reached negative numbers...
what you say is true, though.

im hyped enough because Ive done this dance many times, but at the same time I think the first "only 50% this sale sucks" comment will probably break me and I will quit the internet. basically I think this will be me tomorow

fuckthis.gif

hopefully not tho. Maybe im just grumpy tonight. Get off my lawn and whatnot

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got the caching tweaked for Metacritic user scores in Enhanced Steam.

Can someone let me know if you get a 0/100 result from this point forward?

Garcia

Good Lord.... Wing Commander Saga: $9.52 at GoG

• WING COMMANDER™ 1+2
  • WING COMMANDER™ 3 HEART OF THE TIGER™
  • WING COMMANDER™ 4: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM
  • WING COMMANDER 5: PROPHECY GOLD EDITION
  • WING COMMANDER ®: PRIVATEER ™
  • WING COMMANDER: ARMADA
  • WING COMMANDER: ACADEMY
  • PRIVATEER 2: THE DARKENING

Why, GoG? I don't want to!

JDHarbs

What are SteamGAF's thoughts on Strike Vector? I remember seeing some pre-release footage thinking it looked like a lot of fun, but is it worth pouncing at $5.99 or should I wait until its inevitably cheaper? Is the online community pretty active?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Strike Vector is a multiplayer only game correct? because it sure looks pretty, but MP only is a deal breaker for yours truly

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Good Lord.... Wing Commander Saga: $9.52 at GoG

Why, GoG? I don't want to!
I got Wing Commander 4 and it is one of the most complicated control schemes I have ever tried to use and you can't customize it. It also didn't work with my flight stick very well. If you played them back in the day and know what you're getting into, I guess it could be worth it, but do not assume they will have modern user-friendly design.

Salsa

2pm it is

I keep forgetting how that translates to here with summer time and all. Holiday sales always start at 4pm, but it's summer during the holidays here, so.. yeah. whatever

ArynCrinn

Banned
can someone post the countdown time thing

im not entirely sure when the sales start on my timezone

Prolly around 10:00am whereever you are, usually when a midweek/daily ends anyway. Should lead right into the Summer Sale by then.

Guess it's time to load $500 onto the Wallet and get going, not sure what I'll buy yet depends on what's on sale. Couple things for sure though.

Salsa

You'd better sleep well, no more sleeping starting in 12 hours.

you can safely expect the OP to be constantly updated*

*sometime inside those 24 hours

this is the first sales thread that Stump or Kabouter won't have to move in quite a while

got 12 hours left to get juniored, let's goo

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Checked an old Build a Doujin bundle I bought nearly a year ago and found a Croixleur Sigma code sitting there (game wasn't on Steam when the bundle first hit). And holy shit, game's super fun. Glad I decided to check over my old bundles for like the fifth time, heh.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yup.
It was more about the game prices on consoles actually, I probably should have specified. :p
I played through Murdered just yesterday and got it for about 20euros. Even thinking about a game costing 70euros is nuts.
Still cheaper than here :p
Console games retail for around USD150

You have my sword.
And my bow.

All of you boys and girls (at least in EST) had better get to sleep soon so Gaben doesn't catch you awake when he tunnels through your internet lines to deliver deep discounts to the good PC gamers of the world!
But the seal won't start until 1pm EST... that's a lot of sleeping hours.

Curse you Sayonara Ronin. Y u no use raffle?!
LOL
That's a good one.

Any news yet, Steam Septons? Or are we still playing the waiting game (by waiting game, I mean playing current awesome games on Steam)?
Save for the Flash Deals, the Steam store updates daily at 17:00 GMT, so no Summer Seal until that time tomorrow.

Yeah, that's the worst one actually :(

2pm it is

I keep forgetting how that translates to here with summer time and all. Holiday sales always start at 4pm, but it's summer during the holidays here, so.. yeah. whatever
During our winter we are 4 hours apart from the US pacific coast (they move 1 hour forward and we keep the regular time), but during summer we get a 6 hour difference (because the US moves back to regular time and we move forward 1 hour)

Prolly around 10:00am whereever you are, usually when a midweek/daily ends anyway. Should lead right into the Summer Sale by then.

Guess it's time to load $500 onto the Wallet and get going, not sure what I'll buy yet depends on what's on sale. Couple things for sure though.
Steam doesn't update at 10am locally though, it does it at the same time everywhere.

You'd better sleep well, no more sleeping starting in 12 hours.
Eh, Flash deals are likely every 8 hours like the last couple of times, no need for sleep deprivation :)

Rhaknar

these X05 recaps are breaking my brain and I dont know why

ArynCrinn

Banned
Steam doesn't update at 10am locally though, it does it at the same time everywhere.

Yeah, but that will probably be the time it does so for me. :p US EST.

But anyway, yeah, dem flash sales, more like dem every three flash sale card sells, at least during the first couple days. .20-.30 cent a piece easy.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well one more Fault Milestone One giveaway since Sekai Project accidentally sent me more extra keys thanks to ChairmanChuck for testing out the other key!
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fate Milestone One -- MB-2DA607434E6C9D0D - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 43 entrants total.

t1403166936z1.png

Rhaknar

InfiniteNine conjures Fault keys like a wizard conjures food for a rpg party aparently

2pm it is

2pm? Weird... but I guess if you don't have EDT then yes, it would be EDT+1... so 2pm.

Adjusting your sleep patterns to every new flash sale to catch any radical mispricings is the way to do it.

Robocop? More like Roboshop, am I right?

Damn, my pre-sale card farming is going surprisingly well, 3 Foils so far: Ittle Dew, Forced and Unearthed. The first 2 are worth somewhere in the 40c range, the unearthed one as much as $5. Of course no one their right mind would pay $5 for a card!

textonly

Neo Member
I preordered fault milestone one on Sekai Project site yesterday, thinking I'd get a steam key right away or, well sometime later, given how Infini-kun was doing giveaways for it, but it seems I was wrong. Now I'm wondering if the key will pop up when the full translation is out or when the first part of the translation is out.
I am in the same boat, but I just got an email comes with a Steam key a few hours ago, you should check yours.

Garcia

Is it wrong that I don't give a fuck and will probably sleep in until past probably 3:00pm this afternoon?

Definitely not your first Summer Sale. I'm still a Summer virgin
(how awkward does that sound).

It's already in the cart... I'm hours away from making the big decision.

I got Wing Commander 4 and it is one of the most complicated control schemes I have ever tried to use and you can't customize it. It also didn't work with my flight stick very well. If you played them back in the day and know what you're getting into, I guess it could be worth it, but do not assume they will have modern user-friendly design.

I'm checking gameplay videos of all the other Wing Commander games included in that pack. Want to make sure I'll play at least half of them (which I probably will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom