• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

UkKVAVC.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_OjBylleA8

^^^ Dang, this guy's 1 hour overview of the SpinTires release build took the game from On The Radar to Day One Insta-buy.

Holy crap this thing looks sweet.

FF the vid to 12:00 if you want go straight to the mission gameplay.

It seems to be a common misconception that installing Enhanced Steam on a Chromebook is a replacement Steam client - that you can download and play your Steam games as long as you have Enhanced Steam installed. This is mostly just a byproduct of being one of the most popular extensions on the Chrome web store.

I even added this to the description:

But people keep leaving 1 star reviews because they can't use it to play Watch_Dogs on their Atom-powered Chromebook.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some users. xD

I am sloppy at DmC. So much depth in the combat though, I just found out how to combat with different weapons. And obviously, gorgeous art direction. I'll probably start Enslaved when I finish DmC.

You people should play Risen before the graphics look too dated.
Game is great.

Yes, it is awesome; loved the atmospheric soundtrack, one of my favourites of all time - some musics like the one in the bandit camp
with people smoking weed everywhere
are going to be stuck in my mind forever - and the feeling of adventure and mystery, only thing there are a lot of glitches
and maybe it is a little short - well, I clocked 116 hours but if you have finished the game you may see what I mean.

Subject 9 -- MB-CEFFB4B2A4172315
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-81F9C6A391CE8691
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-4D4240832C29F47B - Taken by Pakkidis

Leftovers.

C'mon guys, someone wants 'em. ;)

Also if anyone else got a blank PM, let me know... apparently modbot's been drinking again.

JustinBB7

I went to check if the witcher 3 page was up on steam already and I saw that the original witcher is being sold on steam too, as in not the enhanced version. Didn't know they sold that one too. I already beat the directors edition so not gonna buy/play that one, how much is different though?

No Witcher 3 page yet :(

Kiru

Give ArcaniA a chance. It isn't Gothic, but it's still a decent little ARPG.

Risen is far better though.

Oh I played ArcaniA. I just didn't have it on Steam. It's really not that bad, but if you use the Gothic brand in the game title you need to come up with something better. Most NPCs in that game look exactly the same, generic bald bearded guy. The world in that game is totally not immersive, really lacking stuff. I just completed it for the sake of it. It was also really bad to find that city Setariff and you weren't allowed to enter it, because there was obviously NOTHING behind those walls, as this content came later in form of DLC. I hate this DLC practice. Finish the fucking game.

Nabs

I went to check if the witcher 3 page was up on steam already and I saw that the original witcher is being sold on steam too, as in not the enhanced version. Didn't know they sold that one too. I already beat the directors edition so not gonna buy/play that one, how much is different though?

No Witcher 3 page yet :(

I think they mentioned that pre-orders will go live on other sites soon. They want people to buy on GOG for the first few days.

Knurek

I love that one of the comments in HL2:EP1 has GabeN say: "With episodic content, we are hoping to release games much more frequently than has been possible with the monolithic development schedules of the past."

Much more frequently, right...
(Salty we never got HL2:EP4, seeing Arkane's take on the world would be lovely)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Well, Cth has won the DkSouls II season pass but he doesn't seem to own the base game...

derExperte

Well, Cth has won the DkSouls II season pass but he doesn't seem to own the base game...

I don't either, made a post asking if I would get stabbed in case of winning and then entered after no one responded. Imo it's okay because a) the DLC isn't out and b) I would've bought the game during summer sale.

ArynCrinn

Banned
photo-4-2-620x465.jpg

arguably the most liked feature of the controller so far, even among those who don't like the controller itself

probably VR related again

Scuff did this years ago, and it's a nice way to rebind a key to the back for sure. That's why I jumped on the original Scuff pad when they came out and now I've got myself a brand new smokin' Pink Scuff Hybrid controller!

Will still be vastly superior to Valve's goofy concept for most games.

Sub Zero

Well, if that's ok for the rest of you, I suppose there is no problem. I personally would never enter a DLC giveaway for a game that I didn't own

derExperte

Well, if that's ok for the rest of you, I suppose there is no problem. I personally would never enter a DLC giveaway for a game that I didn't own

It's your giveaway so you make the rules. As I wrote I think it's okay if someone is planning to buy the game soon. If he doesn't, well, that's shitty then.

Tizoc

Help me with a boss in DmC 2013 please
Fighting giant Mundus and got toa part where the entire battle floor is flooded with lava. Mundus just stands in the background and I have no idea wtf I'm supposed to do other than die and have him go into another attack sequence

Sub Zero

It's your giveaway so you make the rules. As I wrote I think it's okay if someone is planning to buy the game soon. If he doesn't, well, that's shitty then.

I'd rather give it to someone who already owns the base game but now it wouldn't feel right to take the prize from Cth's hands since he is the rightful winner.

Like you said, the DLC is not out yet, so if you're planning to pick up the game very soon, it's ok. Otherwise, not cool

Tame

I give up with the online portion of Watchdogs, (observer mode anyways) either the mode is stacked so heavily against the observer that it is nigh on impossible to win or the people i've came across have done nothing else in that game bar play that mode.

My last encounter i was spawned so far away that i only just got within 200m of the observe e (going full pelt on a dirt bike, no crashes) but it wouldnt have mattered anyway because i checked the area out that he was hiding in and found a shack at the end of a dirt road that he would have been camping in and i would have been dead meat if i even clapped eyes on him/her for even one second.

The dummy has been spat out for now and the game can eat shite.

rant over

ArynCrinn

Banned

If he doesn't the cool thing to do is do another giveaway for a known GAF Souls vet, not including myself of course, but Adept, Soulhouf, Sullichin, etc. Bunch of people on Steam I know would also dig it like Harbinger of Frost and Blaze.

That would be cool to do if he doesn't wanna buy the base game at any point...

oipic

I nearly hit send on PM to enter the giveaway, before I realised it was not for the base game, but the DLC instead (it wasn't clear from the name alone for a little while) - it may have been the same for Cth.

In any case, great giveaway - thanks!

Lomax

In fairness, there was one point in the contest where there was some confusion about whether it was for a Season Pass or for the base game, he may have entered then, thinking it was for the base game. If that's the case I'd expect he'll probably just give it away again.

The_Monk

Aw, congrats Cth on the Season Pass, I really hope you plan on getting the game very soon. Been having great fun with it.

Also, I just saw that the price went up by 5€. It might not be much but 25€ is a bit steep, I guess it will be more than worth it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom