• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get them back, tried restarting the Steam client multiple times but to no avail.

Does anyone know what to do to get those images back? I know that I can add a custom one, but I have no idea why the original ones aren't showing up anymore.

stamdikb7.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know what to do to get those images back? I know that I can add a custom one, but I have no idea why the original ones aren't showing up anymore.

stamdikb7.jpg

Try deleting the Steam\appcache\httpcache folder then restarting Steam.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

stamdikb7.jpg

How many games do you own? I bought a bunch of games in the past few days and just hit the 350 mark and then noticed that icons started disappearing from my library. I just bought a new game a few minutes ago and now more icons are gone, so maybe it's related to that

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I tried this and now more icons are gone from my library. JaseC I swear...

803f1a0db2a57b833a0049b53a886ec95b046e5c8eafe715c36f0c32183d9f65.jpg

What he asked you to do removed all the icons from your library and forced your client to ask Steam's servers for more icons. He asked you to do it because he was expecting that some of the icons in your client's library were corrupt and not displaying. If it made the problem worse, I would suggest that it's likely to be an issue with your network or the Steam static content server your client is being load-balanced to.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I tried this and now more icons are gone from my library. JaseC I swear...

803f1a0db2a57b833a0049b53a886ec95b046e5c8eafe715c36f0c32183d9f65.jpg

The httpcache folder is where the grid view images are cached. If they're not coming through it's all but assuredly either a server or connection issue.

Edit: Beaten.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What he asked you to do removed all the icons from your library and forced your client to ask Steam's servers for more icons. He asked you to do it because he was expecting that some of the icons in your client's library were corrupt and not displaying. If it made the problem worse, I would suggest that it's likely to be an issue with your network or the Steam static content server your client is being load-balanced to.
The httpcache folder is where the grid view images are cached. If they're not coming through it's all but assuredly either a server or connection issue.

Must be a content server issue then since it's happening to a lot of people. I don't think that there's anything wrong with my connection

Grief.exe

I wonder if Dice is gonna shove one of their classic piece of shit campaigns into Battlefront.

Console gamers seems to believe that if a game doesn't have the single player box checked, then it has less value.

Titanfall threads were strange to say the least. I just can't comprehend this outlook on the industry. They would prefer developers waste resources on a garbage campaign to add some kind of perceived value to their purchase.

Likely it's a problem with Steam static content server, two weeks ago I was having the same problem with games images and even community not loading for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Console gamers seems to believe that if a game doesn't have the single player box checked, then it has less value.

Titanfall threads were strange to say the least. I just can't comprehend this outlook on the industry. They would prefer developers waste resources on a garbage campaign to add some kind of perceived value to their purchase.

People were upset about Titanfall because Infinity Ward had a long history of making baller campaigns that people love going all the way back to when they were called 2015.

Tizoc

Umm why does it seem like Strike Suit Zero DC has LESS cheevos than it's regular version >_>;

It got a mixed reception, some people like it though, but I should note that I asked one of the game's directors what platform to get the game on and he said "360"--the PC port is not the way the game is meant to be experienced. It doesn't come with Steam keys, no. Disney had always historically avoided or not signed with Steam.

Hmm I see, thanks for the info.
Silly Disney you make great shows but you gotta screw us over in the gaming department.

Grief.exe

People were upset about Titanfall because Infinity Ward had a long history of making baller campaigns that people love going all the way back to when they were called 2015.

I can easily see where you are coming from with that sentiment, the majority of the people in the thread did not use that line of reasoning however.

Many of them would just say, 'no single-player, no buy,' or, 'no PS4, no buy.' If they were pressed to expand on their reasoning, they would respond with the loss of a single-player campaign somehow reducing the value.

I've just had my mind blown.

I only just realised that the guy who voices the vortigon in half life, is the same guy who voices dragon knight and the voice actor is Tony Todd from Chuck, 24, Star Trek TNG and a bunch of other stuff

Doesn't Louis Gossett Jr voice the vortigaunts?

fantomena

I can easily see where you are coming from with that sentiment, the majority of the people in the thread did not use that line of reasoning however.

Many of them would just say, 'no single-player, no buy,' or, 'no PS4, no buy.' If they were pressed to expand on their reasoning, they would respond with the loss of a single-player campaign somehow reducing the value.

I don't see the problem with "No singleplayer, no buy". Even though there are no arguments in it, I just see a strong opinion which I fully respect.

Grief.exe

I don't see the problem with "No singleplayer, no buy". Even though there are no arguments in it, I just see a strong opinion which I fully respect.

I can see it from the perspective of a person who just does not like multiplayer gaming. That is a perfectly acceptable viewpoint. As competing with other people can suck the fun out of games for some people.

This was not the case with many of these posts. What people fail to understand is these developers are taking resources away from what would be a garbage campaign, and investing it into the strength of the property, the multiplayer portion. More maps, modes, weapons, etc.

Zafir

Yeah, but loss of single campaign is reducing the value if you enjoy them. If it hadn't have been for friends getting it, I wouldn't have bought it with no single player campaign. I have very little interest in competitive multiplayer outside of playing it with friends.
I can see it from the perspective of a person who just does not like multiplayer gaming. That is a perfectly acceptable viewpoint. As competing with other people can suck the fun out of games for some people.

This was not the case with many of these posts. What people fail to understand is these developers are taking resources away from what would be a garbage campaign, and investing it into the strength of the property, the multiplayer portion. More maps, modes, weapons, etc.
Fair enough. Who know's whether it would have been a garbage campaign though.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Doesn't Louis Gossett Jr voice the vortigaunts?

In Half Life 2 and Ep 1 he did. Tony Todd voiced them in Ep 2.

No doubt to go along with their new textures. Because that's totally how these things work.

Can also see it because there are fewer shooters being released, and with the ongoing decline of the mid-tier shooter, there are fewer campaigns to play as an alternative. It's an audience that is being left out.

A lot of us enjoy multiple genres and playstyles. For those people that really like something like a single player shooter campaign, there's got to be a feeling of being disregarded and left behind by the industry.

Who know's whether it would have been a garbage campaign though.

If the management at the developer does not want to create a campaign, and is instead forced to do so by a publisher... well good things usually do not result. If this is the game IW wanted to make, then this is what they should be allowed to make. Just as multi-player shouldn't be tacked on against developer desire and vision.

BruteUA

Thanks for the Doom advice, it's probably best I skip them. On a more sarcastic note....

You know you could regain your junior status by doing stupid stuff? It's not all about post counts.

Thank you for the life lesson, forum big brother. I'll always think twice before hitting this post button so I don't get cast back down with the rest of the forgotten souls who don't get noticed because they don't post every morning with what they ate for breakfast.

Dr Dogg

Well aren't Ubisoft the sly devils. If you can take yourself away from the high seas to explore the boring real world and hack your employees computers Deus Ex style there's a ton of Watch_Dogs Easter eggs. Went completely over my head the first time through.

That you don't list Candyman makes me worried. I hope the reason isn't that you haven't seen it.

Or The Rock :(

Wasn't he the weird General in Black Ops II as well? Likeness and all?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If the management at the developer does not want to create a campaign, and is instead forced to do so by a publisher... well good things usually do not result. If this is the game IW wanted to make, then this is what they should be allowed to make. Just as multi-player shouldn't be tacked on against developer desire and vision.

Actually there were quite a few employees at Respawn who wanted to do a campaign according to the Final Hours. They probably would have managed one too if the lawsuit hadn't wasted way too much of like half the employee's time.

Actually there were quite a few employees at Respawn who wanted to do a campaign according to the Final Hours. They probably would have managed one too if the lawsuit hadn't wasted way too much of like half the employee's time.

I'd love for them to bring back the single player in the future. Like you say, though... given the constraints, it's easy to see why they didn't include one this time.

Grief.exe

Can also see it because there are fewer shooters being released, and with the ongoing decline of the mid-tier shooter, there are fewer campaigns to play as an alternative. It's an audience that is being left out.

A lot of us enjoy multiple genres and playstyles. For those people that really like something like a single player shooter campaign, there's got to be a feeling of being disregarded and left behind by the industry.

It's a great time for shooter fans right now. Metro: LL, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, and Shadow Warrior all came out within the last year and are all quite good.

If you enjoy the type of campaigns that Infinity Ward typically provides, then you have a wealth of linear, modern military campaigns to chose from.

Locust

My DkS2 Black Armour Edition finally arrived. Had no idea they only made 2500 copies, nor did I expect it to have this:

YPuVHAC.jpg

Nzyme32

Well aren't Ubisoft the sly devils. If you can take yourself away from the high seas to explore the boring real world and hack your employees computers Deus Ex style there's a ton of Watch_Dogs Easter eggs. Went completely over my head the first time through.

Or The Rock :(

Wasn't he the weird General in Black Ops II as well? Likeness and all?

I always get confused between the rock, and con air, for no reason at all. Now that you mention it, it must be con air that has Dave Chapelle and The Rock has Tony Todd right? And yes he is in a bunch of games including one of the COD games

Dr Dogg

I always get confused between the rock, and con air, for no reason at all. Now that you mention it, it must be con air that has Dave Chapelle and The Rock has Tony Todd right? And yes he is in a bunch of games including one of the COD games

Hahaha yeah that's the right way round. I still get goose bumps when I realise Biff Tannen has a staring roll in Wing Commander 3
yeah I know he's played by Thomas F Wilson but not a lot of other people would know who I'm talking about then

Ensirius

So today a complete stranger added me to Steam, and instantly started a conversation. Noticing where he was going I decided to have a little fun.

xepMKm0.png
V0TAKCH.png
3LEdu8T.png
T6TvoxQ.png
536VY8O.png

And then he disconnected, just when I was about to send the game via UPS to his address. Oh well

Sky Chief

How about a racing game with planes? http://store.steampowered.com/app/91100/

Skydrift is pretty good although that 30fps cap :(

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the best kart racer last gen if you haven't try it. Gets discounted almost every week now it seems somewhere. It has a hefty single player content and still an active multiplayer as well last time I tried it.

Thanks guys, looks cool!

Haha, I bought SASRT and was playing it all day yesterday and that is what spurred my question. Excellent game!

Ruruja

So today a complete stranger added me to Steam, and instantly started a conversation. Noticing where he was going I decided to have a little fun.

And then he disconnected, just when I was about to send the game via UPS to his address. Oh well

I find it easier just to tell them to f*** off.

Zafir

My DkS2 Black Armour Edition finally arrived. Had no idea they only made 2500 copies, nor did I expect it to have this:

YPuVHAC.jpg

That's not the number of the editions, it was a pre-order bonus. Mind you I got one in my CE.

Basically a steel art card, there was 4 styles, and there was 2500 of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom